Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #131884

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

Rookie draft wrote: Competition for spots is a good point however being the last week of the season I don't think fear of injury will play a part.

Not sure what you mean by for the sake of the comp you don't want Peel & East Perth in the finals. I would have thought its best to have the best sides playing in the finals. Crowd wise EP seem to still have one of the biggest followings so comp wise it's probably a good thing.

Anyway each to their own. Good luck for the next couple of weeks.

RD what I mean is that either AFL reserves team loaded up with 15 AFL listed players is not good for the comp as those teams don't properly represent the WAFL comp or the young local players who have toiled most of the year for your mob and will miss out on finals spots which are gifted to the pampered AFL blokes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #131938

• Rookie draft
  • Rookie draft's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

Senior Seagull wrote:

Rookie draft wrote: Competition for spots is a good point however being the last week of the season I don't think fear of injury will play a part.

Not sure what you mean by for the sake of the comp you don't want Peel & East Perth in the finals. I would have thought its best to have the best sides playing in the finals. Crowd wise EP seem to still have one of the biggest followings so comp wise it's probably a good thing.

Anyway each to their own. Good luck for the next couple of weeks.

RD what I mean is that either AFL reserves team loaded up with 15 AFL listed players is not good for the comp as those teams don't properly represent the WAFL comp or the young local players who have toiled most of the year for your mob and will miss out on finals spots which are gifted to the pampered AFL blokes.

Perhaps let your president know your concerns as I don't think he was too worried about that when he voted for the alignment in 2012.

Last edit: by Rookie draft.

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #131940

• Rookie draft
  • Rookie draft's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

BC wrote: Gday RD...why is it off topic? I was referring to your comment on knocking Subi off in the GF which I agree is mere speculation on your part but apart from that, everything else I've posted on this thread is factual.

Thanks in anticipation.

You're a wise man BC. You know the answer so why ask the question.

Last edit: by Rookie draft.

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #131943

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
interesting comments you made to SS....I've stated on here before I'm not anti-alignment as I understand completely why the AFL clubs would want to go down that path. What I'm very concerned about are the qualification rules for WAFL finals. I don't think we should make them so tough that an alignment side never gets to play finals but I think last years debacle was at the opposite end of the spectrum. What the answer is I don't know and I'd be interested in your thoughts RD but clearly as it's a WAFL competition, to qualify aligned players must have played more WAFL than AFL during the season as a start....so in general terms that means they'd need to play at least 12 or so games unless they had a period of injury. By putting something like that in place guys who qualify would be able to resonate to the WAFL comp through experience unlike those who drop back to find some form, play their 5 games before going back into the AFL and are playing WAFL finals.

Last edit: by BC.

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #131953

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Looking forward to this weekend RD alias John Ditch.

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #131960

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: interesting comments you made to SS....I've stated on here before I'm not anti-alignment as I understand completely why the AFL clubs would want to go down that path. What I'm very concerned about are the qualification rules for WAFL finals. I don't think we should make them so tough that an alignment side never gets to play finals but I think last years debacle was at the opposite end of the spectrum. What the answer is I don't know and I'd be interested in your thoughts RD but clearly as it's a WAFL competition, to qualify aligned players must have played more WAFL than AFL during the season as a start....so in general terms that means they'd need to play at least 12 or so games unless they had a period of injury. By putting something like that in place guys who qualify would be able to resonate to the WAFL comp through experience unlike those who drop back to find some form, play their 5 games before going back into the AFL and are playing WAFL finals.

BC What about the following scenario:

if EP make the finals would you allow Nic Naitanui play in the WAFL finals this year?

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #131963

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
No , he is too important to the eagles long term to risk playing WAFL finals.
Better to start fresh in season 2018

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #131966

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
42...not if he hadn't played any WAFL during the year. If he played 1 game of WAFL and no games in the AFL then yes but I'd question the sense behind such a move by the Beags and his impact after being out for over a year.

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #132022

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Go to the SANFL website and have a look at the qualifying setup they have, and generally at their whole alignment model, it's thoroughly sensible and fair to all parties. In their comp Port maggies are in the 5 while the Crows ressies are in about 8th spot. Last time I looked the dominant team has been the Woodville-west torrens Eagles, with Norwood, Port and Sturt chasing them.

Big finish to home & away games 6 years 7 months ago #132023

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: interesting comments you made to SS....I've stated on here before I'm not anti-alignment as I understand completely why the AFL clubs would want to go down that path. What I'm very concerned about are the qualification rules for WAFL finals. I don't think we should make them so tough that an alignment side never gets to play finals but I think last years debacle was at the opposite end of the spectrum. What the answer is I don't know and I'd be interested in your thoughts RD but clearly as it's a WAFL competition, to qualify aligned players must have played more WAFL than AFL during the season as a start....so in general terms that means they'd need to play at least 12 or so games unless they had a period of injury. By putting something like that in place guys who qualify would be able to resonate to the WAFL comp through experience unlike those who drop back to find some form, play their 5 games before going back into the AFL and are playing WAFL finals.

BC What about the following scenario:

if EP make the finals would you allow Nic Naitanui play in the WAFL finals this year?

No as he hasn't qualified and the WAFC set a precident in '14 by not allowing 2 eagles players to play finals as they didn't meet the qualifying standard. As BC said the qualifying needs to be much more onerous fr the AFL teams, they initially stated that winning finals was not their priority, it was about being able to coach the whole squad in the way they want for consistency. Peelmantles approach last year put the lie to that.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 334 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma