Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

'the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171455

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Ted you need to acknowledge the money all clubs have received due to the alignments. Either hand it all back or at least argue with some balance. Good sides shift the ball to weak the side, they just do it quickly and accurately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ROYAL 2019.

'the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171457

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Ted Nugent wrote: Grump, may I remind you it was RL who raised the alignment, not me. I merely responded. Is your rule as moderator that you can go off topic only if it is favourable to EP? So EP can post outlandish and asinine comments without being challenged? If those are your rules, that's your prerogative as moderator, just wanted to check I understand the policy.

All I want is for the extraneous issues to stay out the topic at hand, in this case the game against Peel, simple as that! If you or other folk want to start up a thread on the EP thread about the alignment, the angst that you and others have then go ahead start up a thread and I will only make sure there is respect for yours and others views. 2019 has responded to you abt the money and so here we go again off into non thread issues.

I can always start a thread for you all to whinge, bemoan etc not a problem but if the thread is abt the GAME then leave it to that! I understand that not everyone is going to be positive abt my club but the game is another issue.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

'the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171473

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 157
Grump, I agree with your last post. I had no intention of bringing up the 2000 era alignment. Indeed, one of my pet hates on this site is the style of arguing that many posters engage with: "your club is shit/bankrupt/aligned/rich, and therefore you have no right to comment." Its the Oz Footy version of no-platforming. All I'm saying is that RL posted to the effect that EP beating Peel twice in 2019 proves that they derived no benefit from the 2000 era alignment, and I responded to that. RL, same point: you were talking about the earlier alignment, not the most recent one that EP were involved with. Further, your post was not about money but about suggesting that the aligned players in 2000 played little, if any, part in EP success. I have no intention of starting any thread about any alignment because it has been done to death and no-one is likely to change views they have held for many years. But surely I can respond to a post I disagree with.

And back to the game: thanks to EP for doing Perth a favour by knocking off Peel. If you can beat WC better still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 289 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977