Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159452

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: Beasley Hutton:

I remember a few on here posted they would be happy to finish near the bottom for 5 years just to have their own club back....funny how they (except Grump) have all changed their tune now it has become reality!!

Beas, I think EP people (myself included) are just saying we want to be "competitive" in 2019.
I couldn't give a flying fig whether the Royals made the finals or not in 2019, but just want the boys wearing blue and black to have a red-hot go - that will be the enjoyment in going to the footy next year.
As we saw this year, a team like East Fremantle being flogged most weeks is just as damaging for the WAFL as one like Subiaco winning every match unchallenged (that said Subi had a couple of scares in 2018).
It doesn't mean we're advocating wholesale EP recruiting (as per South Melbourne's "Foreign Legion" of the 1930s), but a select few players to fill glaring gaps.
In an ideal world, all clubs would rely solely on their zones.
But as we know we don't live in an ideal world - I doubt there's been a WAFL club in recent times that hasn't gone into a new season without having some players who weren't at the club the previous year.

Arch SD in the pre-season of 2014 did no recruiting from my memory and also according to that seasons Bouncedown magazine (although a dozen players were lost that summer including the likes of Twomey, Robinson, Hilderbrandt, Cameron, Lobb, Garlett, Newman, Bennell etc) we just promoted from our own zone youth like Blakely, Anderson etc...we were tipped to finish stonemotherless last by all the so called experts and we managed to finish 4th....it CAN be done!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159453

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
I fully understand the need to build the list from 40 to what is required to field a league and ressies team with abt 10 over. This will happen with the squad of 40 from last year plus the colts players who move up due to age.

I also understand the need like in most clubs to recruit players where possible to fill gaps.

What I don't understand is the need to recruit from another state where clearly it costs the club points, relocation $'s and often proves to be a waste.

My comments earlier were abt the need for 6 Victorians, 6 maybe but look to WA for the players so that the other clubs get some reward for developing them and the players do not need to be found jobs and housing.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159455

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Beasley Hutton wrote:

ROYAL 2019 wrote: As opposed to the Swans method of recruiting from our zone.

So where did "EP" players of recent times L.Jetta, J.Bennell, Naitanui & Newman all come from and free of charge (both match payments & transfer fee less) for your service I might add?

We paid nothing for them and don't get anything for them when they are delisted.The only one who has played well at east perth was Jetta.Natanuii never played a league game for us.I think you have picked some bad examples..As has been said before once you get the draft money from the eagles or any other afl club they can play wherever.that club wants..They are no longer your players as you have sold them.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159456

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I remember a few on here posted they would be happy to finish near the bottom for 5 years just to have their own club back....funny how they (except Grump) have all changed their tune now it has become reality!!

Beas, I think EP people (myself included) are just saying we want to be "competitive" in 2019.
I couldn't give a flying fig whether the Royals made the finals or not in 2019, but just want the boys wearing blue and black to have a red-hot go - that will be the enjoyment in going to the footy next year.
As we saw this year, a team like East Fremantle being flogged most weeks is just as damaging for the WAFL as one like Subiaco winning every match unchallenged (that said Subi had a couple of scares in 2018).
It doesn't mean we're advocating wholesale EP recruiting (as per South Melbourne's "Foreign Legion" of the 1930s), but a select few players to fill glaring gaps.
But as we know we don't live in an ideal world - I doubt there's been a WAFL club in recent times that hasn't gone into a new season without having some players who weren't at the club the previous year.

ADGM I could well have missed your comments post-2016 season regarding the need to help Swans. If I did miss them, could you please provide a precis of them here?

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159457

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Arch SD in the pre-season of 2014 did no recruiting from my memory and also according to that seasons Bouncedown magazine (although a dozen players were lost that summer including the likes of Twomey, Robinson, Hilderbrandt, Cameron, Lobb, Garlett, Newman, Bennell etc) we just promoted from our own zone youth like Blakely, Anderson etc...we were tipped to finish stonemotherless last by all the so called experts and we managed to finish 4th....it CAN be done!

Was that done to play local talent or no money in the piggy bank

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159458

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
At least we didnt allow one person to dictate our club being an alignment for the 2nd time because you had no money unlike yours Chaddy!

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159459

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
My Dads bigger than your dad. How pathetic are you?

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159460

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
as pathetic as complaining blokes playing reserves at EP looking to play league footy elsewhere is a big issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159465

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

chaddy22 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Was that done to play local talent or no money in the piggy bank

C22 as I have said several times that clubs, INCLUDING MINE should wear the consequences of their decision. That SHOULD ALSO apply to your club. As MO has eloquently pointed out that players who were stuck playing in your reserves's team due to the decision your club (or more accurately part thereof) that reduced significantly their opportunity to play league. That was a foreseeable consequence of the decision your club made Therefore, your club should wear the consequences and build within over a number of seasons.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159467

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Build from within, is that the new philosophy at Swans. “Swans 2019 built from within” Built from within Earth maybe.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 477 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Jicca

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977