Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159299

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
You wouldn’t beat the Subi reserves with that squad Grump. Point taken though about the potential of a few of them in time. The new game plan may suit our lack of size and speed better than an AFL strategy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159307

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Grump wrote: Ok you all want to recruit, so who misses out from the squad for last years last league game and the reserves final. The ones who I think are perhaps half a season away from league are in bold.
MCGINNITY Patrick MAGINNESS William BLEE Nathan MILLER Benjamin
HART Callum WELLINGHAM Sharrod GORTER Thomas YOUNG Matthew
AJANG Ajang YOUNG Will HILLE Shayne WRIGHT Stanley
MILLER Benjamin HART Callum WAITE Nelson
DOBSON Mitchell EATON Nathan SAMELKO Asher
RILEY Blake BOLTON Dwayn STACK Harley
CAHILL Jaxon LA FONTAINE Kane ARBON Nathan
AMEDURI Christian WILLCOCKS Kye
NORTH Taylor
FURMARK Braydn

Then add to this list those coming back from injury that are walk up starters, Jules Ameduri, Mitch Fraser, Jackson Ramsay. I would add one deserter and that would be Tom Hodgson and he is worth the return after having talked to him abt his leaving.

Mitch Fraser indicated to me at the elimination final it wouldn't be worthwhile to come back next year for a few games.It will be great to have Ramsay back from injury and Hodgson if he decides to come back.Their will be opportunities for those who played reserves to get some games but we have to face facts that we cannot play too many players who have no league experience.One of my pet hates about the alignment was how too many eagles recruits went from under 18's footy straight into a league game from round one and we ended up with thrashings.We do need a experienced ruckman as we can't expect Ajang to do it all by himself i'm not convinced about our key forwards either.We did lose the reserves grand final because of a lack of key forwards.I know Redhead was injured but we do need to recruit a key forward.Two decent mids and a key back also maybe needed.We don't need to go overboard in recruiting but we need to gradually bring in some of the younger players into the team but not all at once.Anyway that is my opinion.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159314

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

chaddy22 wrote:

Grump wrote: Ok you all want to recruit, so who misses out from the squad for last years last league game and the reserves final. The ones who I think are perhaps half a season away from league are in bold.
MCGINNITY Patrick MAGINNESS William BLEE Nathan MILLER Benjamin
HART Callum WELLINGHAM Sharrod GORTER Thomas YOUNG Matthew
AJANG Ajang YOUNG Will HILLE Shayne WRIGHT Stanley
MILLER Benjamin HART Callum WAITE Nelson
DOBSON Mitchell EATON Nathan SAMELKO Asher
RILEY Blake BOLTON Dwayn STACK Harley
CAHILL Jaxon LA FONTAINE Kane ARBON Nathan
AMEDURI Christian WILLCOCKS Kye
NORTH Taylor
FURMARK Braydn

Then add to this list those coming back from injury that are walk up starters, Jules Ameduri, Mitch Fraser, Jackson Ramsay. I would add one deserter and that would be Tom Hodgson and he is worth the return after having talked to him abt his leaving.

Mitch Fraser indicated to me at the elimination final it wouldn't be worthwhile to come back next year for a few games.It will be great to have Ramsay back from injury and Hodgson if he decides to come back.Their will be opportunities for those who played reserves to get some games but we have to face facts that we cannot play too many players who have no league experience.One of my pet hates about the alignment was how too many eagles recruits went from under 18's footy straight into a league game from round one and we ended up with thrashings.We do need a experienced ruckman as we can't expect Ajang to do it all by himself i'm not convinced about our key forwards either.We did lose the reserves grand final because of a lack of key forwards.I know Redhead was injured but we do need to recruit a key forward.Two decent mids and a key back also maybe needed.We don't need to go overboard in recruiting but we need to gradually bring in some of the younger players into the team but not all at once.Anyway that is my opinion.

Best non answer to a question for 2018
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159333

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Is Ajang Ajang a chance to get drafted? I only saw him in the elimination final this year but he looked like the sort of young ruckman who could benefit from some full time professionalism

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159346

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Stranger things have happened Tiger, he shows flashes of potential. Like a baby giraffe at this stage though very uncoordinated. Olango who the Eagles delisted would be a far better prospect. Much nicer mover and harder at it. Injured virtually all last year.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159383

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
It seems according to the 'worst' tow players from the Cervantes team are coming to the club, the older brother of Acres at the Saints Daniel and fella named Best. Both are WP products but opted to come to the black and blues. I know nothing abt them apart from what is in the article.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159384

• One Eyed Royal
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey Grumpy Al :):) ....One of those named is Jarrod Best who played with our twos a couple of seasons back...he is an outside mid with a bit of leg speed.

Further to the list you submitted, whilst most are reasonable footballers, some still have a fair way to go.....Waite, Riley, Bolton, La Fontaine, Arbon and Furmark to become genuine first pick league players. I saw a lot of them in the twos this year and they all need to become more consistent as the step up from ressies to league is a big step. I don't doubt that in time some could be league players, but for mine....not just yet. As for AJ, I rate him highly.....the one thing that lets him down is his constant ability to get reported...oppo players know how to get under his skin and sadly AJ reacts accordingly.

Bring on 2019 and quickly....Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump, one time only

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159387

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Best is a handy player quick and kicks well, lets hope he lasts longer this time. You always question people that quit during a season but hopefully he hangs in.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159392

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

ROYAL 2019 wrote: Best is a handy player quick and kicks well, lets hope he lasts longer this time. You always question people that quit during a season but hopefully he hangs in.

Supect that Best will one of number of former Royals players trying out to make our squad.We will need another twenty players to make a league squad now that we are not aligned.Suspect also maybe some country players and better colts will give us a good squad.Daniel Acres is a interesting one.Played several reserves games in 2014 for west perth and has had injuries before playing a couple of seasons in minor leagues.We do need a good kpd .We can't rely on Shaggy to get thru the year with some injury cloud.Good thing about Acres is if he is any good it won't cost us a lot in points.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159422

• SD351
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
How about sticking with the players who have loyal to the club
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 287 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog