Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158619

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Seems that my happiness at the appointment of Barnard is waning quite fast or perhaps it is just the clubs management but we are once again jumping on the slippery slope that lead us to near financial ruin at least for the last three times.

In the is day and age all sporting, business and family budgets need to be run on the basis of living within your means.

We fell into financial disrepair by going out and buying in Victorian players when we have/had a club full of loyal players who worked hard to pull on the EP jumper. In the worst today it seems that we bringing some fella called Halloran into the club and they are looking at another 5.

Which player from the last 3 years who has gone through the hard slog, the hard emotional process of being displaced by a WCE muppet and the loyalty that is oft hard to find in today's society is going to miss out.

The excuse is competitiveness which is all well and good but needs to be shown by the players who have stuck by the club.

The gloss is fading fast and it saddens me!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158620

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Spot on Grump....I did hear Barnard say in his interview on 91.3 that he was looking at 6 x VICs (Wasnt there a recruiting limit of 3 placed some years back?) to bring over to play at EP for next year!
Barnard did play in that EP era of Eagles Alignment MkI and a plethora of recruits from Interstate and other WAFL clubs so probably knows no other way as we all know the used car salesman definitely knows no other way!
When will they ever learn it is only a short term fix on field whilst off field the bank balance will take a hammering!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158627

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote: Seems that my happiness at the appointment of Barnard is waning quite fast or perhaps it is just the clubs management but we are once again jumping on the slippery slope that lead us to near financial ruin at least for the last three times.

In the is day and age all sporting, business and family budgets need to be run on the basis of living within your means.

We fell into financial disrepair by going out and buying in Victorian players when we have/had a club full of loyal players who worked hard to pull on the EP jumper. In the worst today it seems that we bringing some fella called Halloran into the club and they are looking at another 5.

Which player from the last 3 years who has gone through the hard slog, the hard emotional process of being displaced by a WCE muppet and the loyalty that is oft hard to find in today's society is going to miss out.

The excuse is competitiveness which is all well and good but needs to be shown by the players who have stuck by the club.

So the Gavin Taylor concessions to East Perth will DIRECTLY and CONSEQUENTIALLY negatively impact on the career paths of East Perth players who had previously been negatively impacted by the host club alignment.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158629

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Just from the outside looking in.A competitive East Perth is very good for the Wafl comp.Remember Subi where unbeaten in the League and Premierships in all 3 grades.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158632

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote: Seems that my happiness at the appointment of Barnard is waning quite fast or perhaps it is just the clubs management but we are once again jumping on the slippery slope that lead us to near financial ruin at least for the last three times.

So the Gavin Taylor concessions to East Perth will DIRECTLY and CONSEQUENTIALLY negatively impact on the career paths of East Perth players who had previously been negatively impacted by the host club alignment.

Can you paste on this site what concessions east perth has gotten so we all know.ta.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158635

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

chaddy22 wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Can you paste on this site what concessions east perth has gotten so we all know.ta.

Yes.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158638

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
gtr: correct mate, the club must be competitive or people simply will stop turning up. I have no problem with a Victorian taking a local's spot particularly if he earns it and is a better footballer

The aim is to beat Subiaco

The truth, is, lads, that EP has not won a flag since 1972 without signficant recruitting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158639

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Was a bit surprised when I read that Grump. Obviously every club recruits but to say that he needed 5-6 Victorian recruits was a bit strange. Why not say we have about 5-6 positions that we need to try and strengthen in the off season for the team to be competitive next year.

Also can some please explain to me why East Perth will be getting paid about $230K annually from the Eagles annual payments to the WAFL. It was in the article about the Eagles being given the green light to have their own team in the WAFL.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158640

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Mr AFL wrote: Was a bit surprised when I read that Grump. Obviously every club recruits but to say that he needed 5-6 Victorian recruits was a bit strange. Why not say we have about 5-6 positions that we need to try and strengthen in the off season for the team to be competitive next year.

Also can some please explain to me why East Perth will be getting paid about $230K annually from the Eagles annual payments to the WAFL. It was in the article about the Eagles being given the green light to have their own team in the WAFL.

It is to bring them in line with what the other non aligned clubs get.East perth were getting $230,000 less then the G7 because the eagles were paying for coaches and other expenses that east perth didn't have to pay.As of now that $230,000 will be used to pay for coaching staff just as the other clubs received money from the west coast eagles tohave a alignment team.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158641

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
MrAFL -- As far as I know they are getting the same as every other club; some people, it seems, are peeved because that financial equality comes on the back of making a lot of money from the alignment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 398 guests and 3 members online

• westaussieguy
  • TheRock
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma