Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166283

• Durtle
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm a big advocate for getting WAFL on the air whether it's radio or TV. Obviously would like to have all games streamed live online in glorious HD video like the SANFL, but because WA is 50 light years away from South Australia we will have to wait.

What I don't understand is why are we having Channel 7 broadcasting the same game as 91.3fm?

Perth v East Perth ANZAC Day. Sure it's ANZAC Day but I prefer one or the other to focus on a different game so we can expand the broadcastd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166352

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
And 91.3 were advertising the Subi game, now it’s WP v C, it’s really stepped back from last year. A shame to see John Townsend’s weekly WAFL video on the west website has been canned after 1 week. I saw someone posted elsewhere that the new young sports editor wouldn’t even know what the WAFL is.

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166366

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Unfortunately there are just not enough people listening to these broadcasts to justify the cost, as a result stations are walking away.

Its a real pity the John Townsend videos have stopped, what happended?

Has anyone also noticed the WAFL App is not as good?

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166368

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Bazza wrote: Unfortunately there are just not enough people listening to these broadcasts to justify the cost, as a result stations are walking away.

Its a real pity the John Townsend videos have stopped, what happended?

Has anyone also noticed the WAFL App is not as good?

Baz,

Clownsend did do his video for Round 1 so I presume he is continuing, its on the WAFL APP although it was sponsored by McDonalds last year, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166369

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Singha wrote: And 91.3 were advertising the Subi game, now it’s WP v C, it’s really stepped back from last year. A shame to see John Townsend’s weekly WAFL video on the west website has been canned after 1 week. I saw someone posted elsewhere that the new young sports editor wouldn’t even know what the WAFL is.

Singha,

Its very very concerning now more so than ever. We have been trying for 25 years to get the AFL to let the WAFL have curtain raiser games and they quashed any thought due to logistics, ticket issues and costs of employing people to usher the WAFL Members out after the earlier game. It took the pricks 1 Round into this season with the West Coast coming into the Comp that all those issues are now achievable, Peel in particular deserve fuck all the pricks :(

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166372

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Don't mean to stray orf topic.
Sadly the Wafl has been in decline since 2014.
And now noticed this season that radio broadcasts are diminishing which is unhelpful.
We are supposed to be in this supposedly fantastic "new era".
Not sure how it can be described as such!!
Haven't seen another Wafl video from John Townsend since the first one. Looks like like they've been canned as well! :(
The Wafl phone application is currently very poor. So much so, have given it the flick!
Sadly the competition is going backwards.
If this is what the ""new era"" means, then it's very worrying indeed!

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166373

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
My wafl app has simply stopped working. The wafl website doesn’t even have the teams for tomorrow’s games out yet.

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166374

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Leedy wrote:

Singha wrote: And 91.3 were advertising the Subi game, now it’s WP v C, it’s really stepped back from last year. A shame to see John Townsend’s weekly WAFL video on the west website has been canned after 1 week. I saw someone posted elsewhere that the new young sports editor wouldn’t even know what the WAFL is.

.....That is not surprising..

Singha,

Its very very concerning now more so than ever. We have been trying for 25 years to get the AFL to let the WAFL have curtain raiser games and they quashed any thought due to logistics, ticket issues and costs of employing people to usher the WAFL Members out after the earlier game. It took the pricks 1 Round into this season with the West Coast coming into the Comp that all those issues are now achievable, Peel in particular deserve fuck all the pricks :(

Makes one wonder why it has suddenly become possible all of a sudden!

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166375

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tiger of old wrote: My wafl app has simply stopped working. The wafl website doesn’t even have the teams for tomorrow’s games out yet.

The team line ups are there Too.
Travel to the website. Go to Season, then go down the list to Team Selection. The team line ups then come on the screen. The lineups used to also appear in the paper Saturday mornings. But because that is also in decline, not sure if they appear there anymore?

Broadcast Details 5 years 1 week ago #166377

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Tiger of old wrote: My wafl app has simply stopped working. The wafl website doesn’t even have the teams for tomorrow’s games out yet.

Yeah , they seemed to have re designed the phone app from last year, and its complete rubbish.

plus there is 2 games with no radio coverage on the app now.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 409 guests and 3 members online

• Whitey
  • Big Blue
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog