Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164199

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

TheTrain wrote: Youngster Michael Tassone apparently off to Shark Park from PTFC. Kids got real talent. One of the Thunders young stars.

the trend continues with peels youngsters leaving.....you would hate to be a junior living in the peel zone knowing your chances of playing league are slim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by strono.

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164237

• TheTrain
  • Thank you received: 4
Certainly the perception. But I'm not sure it's the reality. I remember hearing some stats on how many local players peel debut and how many games played by players under 20 (excluding freo). and its consistantly above other WAFL sides. Come from a decent source. Their issue seems to be retaining players past 1-2 years out of colts. Certainly appears to be a greater issue this year. More so then I cam remember anyway.

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164266

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i think peel players making their debut has something to do with dockers having so many injuries
the players over 20 years old that realise they are not going to get a regular game move on to other leagues where they get some coin cos you dont get anything playing ressies
the better boys just out of colts stick around for a while & see if they can crack a league game but the majority end up disappearing as well for the same reasons

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164274

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

TheTrain wrote: Certainly the perception. But I'm not sure it's the reality. I remember hearing some stats on how many local players peel debut and how many games played by players under 20 (excluding freo). and its consistantly above other WAFL sides. Come from a decent source. Their issue seems to be retaining players past 1-2 years out of colts. Certainly appears to be a greater issue this year. More so then I cam remember anyway.

There are many pointers to Peels issues and yep you are right to extent they have debuted many players just like we did at EP but it seems that they don't hang around and the best indicator for that is their reserves, they struggle to field a proper team from mid season on whereas we have been able to retain our players.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164503

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164510

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
How come we get more information on ex WAFL and AFL players playing in the bush and the burbs than we do any news on what's happening at WAFL clubs?
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stand the Test

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164525

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Was just thinking same thing.

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164545

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

DD wrote: How come we get more information on ex WAFL and AFL players playing in the bush and the burbs than we do any news on what's happening at WAFL clubs?

Agreed DD...it would be nice to get a run down on each club in the West before the season starts.

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 1 month ago #164739

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 4 weeks ago #165257

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 695 guests and one member online

• Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977