Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Eagles to Play Good Friday at Optus 5 years 4 months ago #159473

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
we had over 3000 at last years game but if we're up against WCE playing the same day, I doubt we'll get those numbers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles to Play Good Friday at Optus 5 years 4 months ago #159477

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I don't mind to be honest, so long as a few posters don't get on here and start bitching about how the two clubs subsidise the WAFL -- some people are amazing at times.

Eagles to Play Good Friday at Optus 5 years 4 months ago #159487

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

BC wrote: I don't think Subi and/or EP will be too chuffed about it.

It was only a matter of time, better to have it Saturday Sunday or Monday not like there's a shortage of days over the long break..

WAFL Easter Monday Footy was always a ripper day in the 80s.

Get some decent lights and have a Thursday night game..

Foudation Day next mark my words

Also this will cost the tax payer a mint , PTA staff are all on double time and a half Good Friday on Penalty Rates, I hope the WCE will be chipping in.

Eagles to Play Good Friday at Optus 5 years 4 months ago #159488

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: we had over 3000 at last years game but if we're up against WCE playing the same day, I doubt we'll get those numbers.

I noticed the numbers had tapered off over the years, novelty would of worn off, you wont get anywhere near that with Eagles on same day, basically its just another day now, but you'll have to pay all the staff a heap In penalty rates, Subi might be able to afford it but I doubt its viable.

Eagles to Play Good Friday at Optus 5 years 4 months ago #159489

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote:

Grump wrote:

BC I would have thought that the smart folk at EP and Subi would be able to use it to their advantage. Something like show your AFL ticket and get in free. The station is just down the road so it is not so difficult to stop off. Also the restaurants could jump on and offer a lunch special.

It is abt WAFL clubs seizing the opportunities presented.

Agree Grump, assuming that this game is still fixtured for Good Friday, its a great opportunity for the two clubs, maybe advertise a lunch/football package along with a charter bus directly to the stadium after the WAFL game for a modest cost. I'm sure you would get some people who would jump at that.

Mate , I think you are dreaming, AFL fans have little or no interest in WAFL, its been proven time and time again, people don't go to two games in one day when given the choice.

How exactly is Leederville "just down the road" from Burswood?

Last edit: by Bazza.

Eagles to Play Good Friday at Optus 5 years 4 months ago #159520

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Bazza wrote:

It was only a matter of time, better to have it Saturday Sunday or Monday not like there's a shortage of days over the long break..

WAFL Easter Monday Footy was always a ripper day in the 80s.

Get some decent lights and have a Thursday night game..

Foudation Day next mark my words

Also this will cost the tax payer a mint , PTA staff are all on double time and a half Good Friday on Penalty Rates, I hope the WCE will be chipping in.

And why does the tax payer have to pick up the load for the PTA staff, well said. And are they even worth the penalty rates? I raise the question?

Eagles to Play Good Friday at Optus 5 years 4 months ago #159524

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Perhaps in the future if games are played at the WACA this idea of two games on Easter Friday could be a go

Eagles to Play Good Friday at Optus 5 years 4 months ago #159565

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Bazza wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Grump wrote:

BC I would have thought that the smart folk at EP and Subi would be able to use it to their advantage. Something like show your AFL ticket and get in free. The station is just down the road so it is not so difficult to stop off. Also the restaurants could jump on and offer a lunch special.

It is abt WAFL clubs seizing the opportunities presented.

Agree Grump, assuming that this game is still fixtured for Good Friday, its a great opportunity for the two clubs, maybe advertise a lunch/football package along with a charter bus directly to the stadium after the WAFL game for a modest cost. I'm sure you would get some people who would jump at that.

Mate , I think you are dreaming, AFL fans have little or no interest in WAFL, its been proven time and time again, people don't go to two games in one day when given the choice.

How exactly is Leederville "just down the road" from Burswood?

Bazza The tickets usually have a free train trip attached and the LEEDERVILLE STATION is just down the road, sorry if I wasn't as clear as I needed to be!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 456 guests and 3 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma