Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164585

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
put a dealmaker in charge and people probably expected he could deal them out of it...
god knows what the previous admin, board members and auditors were looking at when they saw the books every year..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164586

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
I suspect the WAFC are frustrated at West Perth's refusal to adopt the Joondalup name to truly reflect the zone they benefit from and will take the attitude you are on your own and let them fold if they can't find their own way out of the shit.

If they fold the WAFC will create a new team called the Joondalup Falcons, the coach and players of West Perth will form that side but the WP administration will have nothing to do with it. They will find local people who will embrace a newly formed club that represents their area. Didn't the WAFC register the name Joondalup Football Club or Joondalup Falcons when WP went into administration?

West Perth supporters are their own worst enemy. Embrace change or die.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164587

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: put a dealmaker in charge and people probably expected he could deal them out of it...
god knows what the previous admin, board members and auditors were looking at when they saw the books every year..

That deal maker made it an art form at spending tax payers money. I seem to recall when he was top dog of the health dept, having his office at the Health Department in East Perth within a few steps of his staff wasn't good enough for him, he spent a truck load of money on a brand new office well away from East Perth in Subiaco.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164588

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
When Dougo took over the financial reins of Swans in 2012 and advised the WAFC of the true position at Swans, they advised that calling in the Administrators would result in the termination of their license.
He then set about doing deals with all the creditors and as of today they still haven't caught up, but improve every year.
The only assistance given by the WAFC was to advance Swans a Qtr of the Annual Grant that they then adjusted at the end of the year.
When you ask what was the previous Board WP looking at, well . you can only deal with what you are told and it appears they wern't given the full picture.
Perhaps rather than toughing it out, they held up the white flag too early.
Perhaps you don't have to look any further than WP having had the same auditor as Swans.

Last edit: by therealswansman.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164590

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
sounds like the WP board were not asking the right questions then or didnt want to know.
the responsibility sits with them as a board as it did at Swans.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164591

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

therealswansman wrote: When Dougo took over the financial reins of Swans in 2012 and advised the WAFC of the true position at Swans, they advised that calling in the Administrators would result in the termination of their license.
He then set about doing deals with all the creditors and as of today they still haven't caught up, but improve every year.
The only assistance given by the WAFC was to advance Swans a Qtr of the Annual Grant that they then adjusted at the end of the year.
When you ask what was the previous Board WP looking at, well . you can only deal with what you are told and it appears they wern't given the full picture.
Perhaps rather than toughing it out, they held up the white flag too early.
Perhaps you don't have to look any further than WP having had the same auditor as Swans.

When I did my business studies and then managed an Office in the PS it was my responsibility to KNOW and be ACCOUNTABLE for the funds under my care. Then working in a government policing agency I saw many a director banned and prosecuted for being the same position, they as part of being a director have to know, no excuses!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164592

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
MO, I totally agree.
The federal court has ruled against many Directors who have said " I Didn't know"
Immediately you put up you hand to be a Director of a incorporated Assoc, whether it be not for profit or commercial or whether you are paid or not, the onus is on you to ask questions, get answers and if not satisfied quit and pray there is someone that will take your place and hence spread the burden when the Directors are called upon to cough up $$ because they have gone along with the entity trading while insolvent and it goes under.
My gut feeling tells me that the WP CEO and Board shat themselves at this point and up went the white flag.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164593

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

DD wrote: I suspect the WAFC are frustrated at West Perth's refusal to adopt the Joondalup name to truly reflect the zone they benefit from and will take the attitude you are on your own and let them fold if they can't find their own way out of the shit.

If they fold the WAFC will create a new team called the Joondalup Falcons, the coach and players of West Perth will form that side but the WP administration will have nothing to do with it. They will find local people who will embrace a newly formed club that represents their area. Didn't the WAFC register the name Joondalup Football Club or Joondalup Falcons when WP went into administration?

if west perth fold I don't think it would be a good idea to get a new team to replace them.the wafc want at least one merger to bring the wafl to 8 wafl clubs.I think it would be a better idea to move subi up to that corridor but only if all problems with the joondy set up can be resolved.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164595

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

chaddy22 wrote:

DD wrote: I suspect the WAFC are frustrated at West Perth's refusal to adopt the Joondalup name to truly reflect the zone they benefit from and will take the attitude you are on your own and let them fold if they can't find their own way out of the shit.

if west perth fold I don't think it would be a good idea to get a new team to replace them.the wafc want at least one merger to bring the wafl to 8 wafl clubs.I think it would be a better idea to move subi up to that corridor but only if all problems with the joondy set up can be resolved.

I don't think that's going to happen any time soon chaddy...unlike your mob who had the facilities at Leederville gifted to them, Subi had to spend a couple of million $ to build the social premises and update the changerooms etc...so I can't see them walking away from that too easily.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 1 month ago #164600

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

chaddy22 wrote:

If that happened chaddy that would spell the end of your mob. You couldn't afford to be the sole tenant of Leederville Oval, that's why you gave up Perth Oval in the first place. You better hope Subi stay right where they are. Why would the WAFC want to go back to an 8 team competition? Our population is more than double what it was 40 years ago.

One of the new teams is an AFL reserves side, Peel was an expansion club that struggled to compete and only surviving due to the alignment but I don't believe a 9th team should ever have been in Mandurah. But we must have a team representing the northern corridor and WP are doing that but not by name.
Get on your bike.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 764 guests and one member online

• Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977