Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160172

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920

swan42 wrote:

Freezin wrote: BH....perhaps by top end talent one could also mean a kid who gets drafted outside the top 22 and goes onto play 150plus AFL games with a degree of success.....TBH drafting only gets you into the system, doesn't guarantee the player success

Freezin I am sure that you are aware of the different draft fees based on the position the player is drafted.

42, not sure how a draft fee or a draft number determines the overall success of a player or the development system they come from....surely the proof of pudding is what career these players have...thus why EF are historically well regarded for producing top end players

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160173

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
This might be a newsflash to some who are a little behind it would seem but the WAFC in their great wisdom introduced the new centralised development model and took it away from the WAFL clubs because they were adamant the WA clubs were not producing enough top end talent via the draft.
Well I think we had more players drafted in the 1st round in the previous few seasons before the current centralised system this season that stands at 1 (J.Clark-Claremont).
As I mentioned earlier Hill was touted as a certain Top 5 selection last year and he hasnt been taken in the first 22 so far!
Yes we all knew of the cyclical nature of good and bad years for certain states draft numbers all bar the WAFC it would seem!
So far their new model has proven to be a complete and utter failure even by the WAFC's own KPI's and they will struggle to match the 15 taken in the previous years under the system that was considered broken!....in fact I would not be surprised if as many mature aged players are taken today as 18yos from WA in the remaining draft picks to come!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160175

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Spot on BH. The centralised model was suppose to inject funds into the Development program but TAC Cup teams still have 2-3 times the budget. And there has now been a drain on coaches, extremely important, with the 4 best Colts coaches all moving on
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160180

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
The WAFC are now fully under the control of the AFL. They no longer make there own decisions. They do what the AFL want them to do and are nothing more than a mouthpiece for them in the West.
It is to the detriment of Western Australian football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160181

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

astro wrote: The WAFC are now fully under the control of the AFL. They no longer make there own decisions. They do what the AFL want them to do and are nothing more than a mouthpiece for them in the West.
It is to the detriment of Western Australian football.

Even in the days before the expanded VFL competition. The VFL was power hungry.Making decisions that benefits themselves over the rest of Australian Football.
The Wafc is supposed to be a State Government Department. Represents all football in Wa.Holding the licence for the goose that lays the golden egg,West Coast down to Auskick.The Wafc needs a voice from the Wafl,Waafl and Country Leagues and juniors.
Swan42 should send a letter to the Wa Sports Minister .Go over the Wafc heads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160182

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Looking a bit better for the WA boys today. So far Hill (P), Foley(S), Cameron(SD) and Joyce (EF) all picked up to add to Clark from the Tigers yesterday.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160186

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

Tiger of old wrote: I care BC, I care that the afl took over control of the colts at my club for no good reason. All clubs main target is to win flags, but Colts are an integral part of the fabric of all WAFL clubs. Who cares??

If the current structure gave AFL recruiters the cattle to bleed WAFL clubs dry of young talent the likes of BH and his mate Sean would have a whinge about that too....what would you prefer as a WAFL devotee...to have only a few draft picks taken for your respective club or a lot?

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160190

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: I care BC, I care that the afl took over control of the colts at my club for no good reason. All clubs main target is to win flags, but Colts are an integral part of the fabric of all WAFL clubs. Who cares??

If the current structure gave AFL recruiters the cattle to bleed WAFL clubs dry of young talent the likes of BH and his mate Sean would have a whinge about that too....what would you prefer as a WAFL devotee...to have only a few draft picks taken for your respective club or a lot?

Absolutely obtuse is the most apposite way of describing your post. Let's start at the beginning: neither BH nor myself made the decision to remove the colts competition from the WAFL clubs. It was made by the WAFC.

In 2017 there were 15 drafted from WA including 8 from the first 32.

In 2018 there were 6 drafted from WA and only 3 in the first 32. Going from 15 to 6 and 8 to 3 could hardly be described as anything than a complete and utter failure.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160192

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Excellent...at this stage only Foley taken from my club and hopefully next year from a purely selfish view point there will be none.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160196

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
I think you’re missing the point here BC, the AFL /VFL basically said “we don’t trust WAFL clubs to raise talent, we can do it much better.” And used that as a reason to take draft fees away from us, a crucial income stream for all clubs except yours of course. We all know that was complete bullshit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 221 guests and one member online

• Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes