Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160154

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
The new centralised development model just working a treat for the WAFC.
WA manage only 1 pick in the first 22 so far in the draft whist SA with half the population of WA have 4 or 5 already drafted & TAS apparently considered a basket case having 2 drafted with about 1/6th the population of WA.
Ian Hill considered a Top 5 pick last year hasnt even been drafted as yet, Stack an AIS/AFL scholarship holder not drafted as yet.
No doubt a few boys will get picked up tomorrow but so much for the WAFC objective of producing top end talent we have actually gone backwards from previous years where it was considered not good enough!!
No doubt the guys in charge of the development model on their $200+k a year salaries will live to see many another day though as it all a big gravy train at the WAFC whether they are hitting their KPI's or not!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160155

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Sorry for my ignorance BH, how long since the WAFC took over the colts system?

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160156

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Beasley Hutton wrote: The new centralised development model just working a treat for the WAFC.
WA manage only 1 pick in the first 22 so far in the draft whist SA with half the population of WA have 4 or 5 already drafted & TAS apparently considered a basket case having 2 drafted with about 1/6th the population of WA.
Ian Hill considered a Top 5 pick last year hasnt even been drafted as yet, Stack an AIS/AFL scholarship holder not drafted as yet.
No doubt a few boys will get picked up tomorrow but so much for the WAFC objective of producing top end talent we have actually gone backwards from previous years where it was considered not good enough!!
No doubt the guys in charge of the development model on their $200+k a year salaries will live to see many another day though as it all a big gravy train at the WAFC whether they are hitting their KPI's or not!

Swings and roundabouts.you have some good crops of colts one year and not the next.South Australia were the stand out team this year which is reflected in the fact that they have so many drafted so far.Just another meaningless rant.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160157

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

Beasley Hutton wrote: The new centralised development model just working a treat for the WAFC.

Who cares? It's only a problem if you think the primary responsibility of your WAFL club is to produce AFL draftees. Given we get sfa for them these days I'd prefer they stayed at their WAFL club rather than being potential list cloggers in the VFL, SANFL or WART or FART. My club's main target is to win WAFL flags for its members, supporters, sponsors and so on...what's yours?

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160158

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
I care BC, I care that the afl took over control of the colts at my club for no good reason. All clubs main target is to win flags, but Colts are an integral part of the fabric of all WAFL clubs. Who cares??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160167

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
BH....perhaps by top end talent one could also mean a kid who gets drafted outside the top 22 and goes onto play 150plus AFL games with a degree of success.....TBH drafting only gets you into the system, doesn't guarantee the player success

Last edit: by Freezin.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160168

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Unholytugboat wrote: Sorry for my ignorance BH, how long since the WAFC took over the colts system?

How long has the junior footy system been centrally controlled by the WAFC?

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160169

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tiger of old wrote: I care BC, I care that the afl took over control of the colts at my club for no good reason. All clubs main target is to win flags, but Colts are an integral part of the fabric of all WAFL clubs. Who cares??

Exactly correct TOO and by their own metric the WAFC has singularly failed to the detriment of the WAFL clubs.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160170

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: BH....perhaps by top end talent one could also mean a kid who gets drafted outside the top 22 and goes onto play 150plus AFL games with a degree of success.....TBH drafting only gets you into the system, doesn't guarantee the player success

Freezin I am sure that you are aware of the different draft fees based on the position the player is drafted.

AFL officially takes over control of WAFC Colts 5 years 4 months ago #160171

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

chaddy22 wrote:

Swings and roundabouts.you have some good crops of colts one year and not the next.South Australia were the stand out team this year which is reflected in the fact that they have so many drafted so far.Just another meaningless rant.

C22 of course there are good years and bad years. Apparently the only ones who are not cognisant of that fact are those within the WAFC empire. By their own metric G Taylor et al have singularly failed unless you take their ownn comments with the proverbial grain of salt.

What isn't meaningless is holding the WAFC empire to account for their decisions.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 652 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Danger

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes