Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137572

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Swandog wrote: Enjoy believing your fairytales Constable know it all, great copper you would have been ignoring the facts presented, staggerring :blink:

What facts? you haven't presented a single one, all you presented was some half arse hearsay rumour about a "under the table deal on the quiet" that's not even close to a bloody fact at issue.
All the facts are on my side of the table, the fact every other state league was shut down and 254 Million was pulled from the budget to do so, that's not emu export bong water talking at the back of the Macca stand its documented national policy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137577

• Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Bazza wrote:

Swandog wrote: Enjoy believing your fairytales Constable know it all, great copper you would have been ignoring the facts presented, staggerring :blink:

What facts? you haven't presented a single one, all you presented was some half arse hearsay rumour about a "under the table deal on the quiet" that's not even close to a bloody fact at issue.
All the facts are on my side of the table, the fact every other state league was shut down and 254 Million was pulled from the budget to do so, that's not emu export bong water talking at the back of the Macca stand its documented national policy.

Ok no worries Mr Know it all (but knows fuck all) Mr I am always correct, must have the last say, aka Bazza, believe your own dreams because unlike you I investigated the facts and presented them, but because you have been found out to be horribly wrong it must be too embarrassing to admit it :) Go and have another glass of milk
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137578

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
SWM today say lay offs are going to take place and they recof=gnise they paid to much for the sporting rigfts. The WAFC might look to silly again. They ggrabbed a C7 deal at the expense of other players and now those players will probably say "get stuft" should C7 not continue to cover WAFL footy.
Bout time that peanut Gloede came out and fought for the WAFL fans.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137586

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

BC wrote: in my view it doesn't matter if the telecast is good, bad or indifferent....any telecast is better than no telecast at all.

Point taken BC.
However a shitty telecast is not the best scenario, and in my view won't draw as many viewers. I do realise any exposure is better than nothing

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137593

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote:

BC wrote: in my view it doesn't matter if the telecast is good, bad or indifferent....any telecast is better than no telecast at all.

Point taken BC.
However a shitty telecast is not the best scenario, and in my view won't draw as many viewers. I do realise any exposure is better than nothing

I just hope its on something...if a AFL reserves ever gets up its good night Irene for media coverage,

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137594

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

astro wrote: SWM today say lay offs are going to take place and they recof=gnise they paid to much for the sporting rigfts. The WAFC might look to silly again. They ggrabbed a C7 deal at the expense of other players and now those players will probably say "get stuft" should C7 not continue to cover WAFL footy.
Bout time that peanut Gloede came out and fought for the WAFL fans.

Yep The West is getting ready to basically shut down the Sunday Times, that was always going to happen, there will eventually only be one weekend printed paper - good luck with peanut Gloede doing anything, he is planted there as a AFL stooge.

Last edit: by Bazza.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 4 months ago #138334

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I read a news item today in which Gavin Taylor stated that Channel 7 were "totally committed" to televising WAFL footy in 2018. They are looking for new sponsors to replace REIWA and the others, although Mcdonalds is still on board.
The same article announced that the Grand final would be on the same weekend as usual (AFL preliminary final weekend) and would be played at Perth Stadium as either a Saturday evening game or Sunday afternoon depending on the AFL fixturing.
Also the season will be starting 2 weeks later (March 31st) because of the reduction of the season to 18 games per team.
Nothing on the finals qualifications changes for players in aligned teams at this stage

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 4 months ago #138337

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: I read a news item today in which Gavin Taylor stated that Channel 7 were "totally committed" to televising WAFL footy in 2018. They are looking for new sponsors to replace REIWA and the others, although Mcdonalds is still on board.
The same article announced that the Grand final would be on the same weekend as usual (AFL preliminary final weekend) and would be played at Perth Stadium as either a Saturday evening game or Sunday afternoon depending on the AFL fixturing.
Also the season will be starting 2 weeks later (March 31st) because of the reduction of the season to 18 games per team.
Nothing on the finals qualifications changes for players in aligned teams at this stage

mikeh all WAFL clubs should be very wary that the WAFC don't try to "steal" their sponsors to pay for the telecast fee. They do have some form.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 4 months ago #138344

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Taylor does not give a rats arse about the WAFL.
If it wasnt for Bronte at AHG I doubt this Channel 7 would have ever covered it.
Now we rely on the WAFC to sell the WAFL! God help us all

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 4 months ago #138346

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: I read a news item today in which Gavin Taylor stated that Channel 7 were "totally committed" to televising WAFL footy in 2018. They are looking for new sponsors to replace REIWA and the others, although Mcdonalds is still on board.

At least Maccas are still on board, that is the big one 1 Mill I think.

As long as replacements for Kennards and REIWA can be found it sounds like it will be OK.

The New Stadium will be ridiculous for a WAFL GF, as long as its temporary until a boutique ground, hopefully a downsized Subi can be set up.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 201 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA
  • SteveRep