Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137513

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Swandog wrote: My source is a lot closer (couldnt get any closer) and more informed than you ever will be Mr know everything

What absolute BOLLOCKS, the WAFL had the same chance as VFL, NTFL, and everyone else of maintaining coverage SFA.

Your sources are the pud your pulling in your dunny. (Let me guess Clint Wheldon..lol)

The ABC are GAWN from sport and not coming back, you need to they that through your thick head..they have other priorities like promoting SSM on Q and A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bazza.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137518

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Bazza wrote: Talk about thick,,how do they cover ANZAC DAY MARCH each year?

that's not done in a studio you halfwit...

hahaha...I'm loving this little contretemp...a bit of argy bargy on here for a change.... :P

Last edit: by BC.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137520

• Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Enjoy believing your fairytales Constable know it all, great copper you would have been ignoring the facts presented, staggerring :blink:
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137521

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote: If the 3 year deal is up then that's it, Maccas will also be gone not just the two minor ones, well not gone but will need to sign up for another 1 Mill and then find another two supporting sponsors,
It wont matter who picks it up Ch 9 10 or 7 they will all need sponsors to broadcast it, they are commercial ventures that are in it to make a quid, if 7 cant find them than neither will they, I cant see Ch 10 picking it up just in WA. Forget the ABC they are done and dusted with footy and just about all sport - they pulled out not they other way around.

Thats not quite right Bazza,
ABC Perth wanted to.
ABC nationally didn’t as they wanted to sell out OB trucks and close the TV production unit to save money.
So, ABC Perth told them, on the quiet if you come to us... a deal can be done... but we (ABC Perth) can’t come to you as the National TV guys don’t want a deal.
So....
IF the WAFL had committed to a deal with ABC Perth the ABC Nationally would have been forced to keep an OB unit in WA and do the deal.
However, the former COO had a bonus in his contract if he got the WAFL on commercial TV (as the WAFC was bizarrely obsessed with having a media deal with SevenWest) and so WAFC didn’t even try to talk to the ABC locally.
Deal done with 7 - the COO took his bonus and left.
Interesting the politics of it all.
ABC Perth no longer have an OB truck so without 7, 9 or 10 WAFL coverage is dead forever

Another thing the above FACTS prove is that it seems those running the comp at the time well & trully farked the WAFL coverage over for self interest before their departure
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Last edit: by Swandog.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137525

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

The OB van is hired for the day on the National events budget. Another FACT :)

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137566

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
And sad to say, abc radio is nowadays a dead loss, as they have no Wafl coverage. People in the rural areas are at a distinct disadvantage! Lets hope the new tv telecaster of the Wafl comes on board sooner rather than later to clear any confusion. Hopefully the new telecaster can supply a top quality telecast instead of the dribble of the past 3 seasons.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137568

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
in my view it doesn't matter if the telecast is good, bad or indifferent....any telecast is better than no telecast at all.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137569

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: in my view it doesn't matter if the telecast is good, bad or indifferent....any telecast is better than no telecast at all.

yep my view exactly, lets see how all the moaners go when they are staring at a blank TV screen.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137570

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: And sad to say, abc radio is nowadays a dead loss, as they have no Wafl coverage. People in the rural areas are at a distinct disadvantage! Lets hope the new tv telecaster of the Wafl comes on board sooner rather than later to clear any confusion. Hopefully the new telecaster can supply a top quality telecast instead of the dribble of the past 3 seasons.

everything on the Abc now is just about a dead loss.

2018 Ch7 WAFL Coverage in doubt 6 years 5 months ago #137571

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote:

The OB van is hired for the day on the National events budget. Another FACT :)

Yep in other words they have access to OB gear, all that gear can be hired and leased if they really want to, in fact Abc actually lease their own gear out all over the country, in other words if the Abc really wanted local sport back they could do it, but the fact of the matter is they don't and National office have told every state that. Ask yourself how many OB units do Foxtel Have in Perth? , none yet they manage to broadcast every Perth Glory Game live, they just lease it for the game piece of piss.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 804 guests and 2 members online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977