Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88499

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Roman wrote: Reducing the entry fee won't make any difference. People just don't support the WAFL today, especially the young teenagers/adults. People are set in their ways. They don't like change. You get the same old people supporting their team week in, week out.

It's not just young people Roman. We have people at work(on the floor) ranging from 21 to 40. When I talk WAFL, they ALL look at me with blank faces. They wouldn't be able to name the WAFL teams let alone any players. However, mention the EP Eagles or Peelmantle and they can talk footy. Sad but true.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88505

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Might have to wait until; all the old farts pass on before the WAFL passes away. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

6000 people went to the Wafl this weekend , don't know how the big bad AFL managed to keep so many people away it's a bloody conspiracy I tell ya.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88507

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
The WAFL got shot between the shoulder blades in 1986/87 when that cluster of Blue & Gold maggots were weaseled into existence in the backrooms

The official deathknell was 1992 when the maggots won the VFL gong

Then when the Afterbirth was created in 1995 it ruined what little remained because they thought they'd created some twisted sick notion of a "derby"

And now we've got 2 generations of mindless numbnuts - one of which idolized the scum like Cousins , Chick , Kerr , Fletcher , Gardiner et al

I'll keep my memories & continue my lifelong WANFL following , it's a pure game - not a contrived one (barring the two traitors)

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88511

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: You aren't a WAFL supporter's Bootlace mate,let alone Perth.

I don't really care what you think, your're a nobody on a footy forum your views don't surprise me though agreeing with Bruce Francis tells me all I need to know about you lol.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88538

• pjaye
  • Thank you received: 0
I am sick of reading how the WAFC wont advertise or promote the WAFL games . Maybe its time for all 9 WAFL clubs to get off there behinds and do something to promote the game to the masses . Maybe its time they pooled money together equally and paid for advertising on TV , radio , newspapers , billboards , social media . Put $20000 - $30000 each club each year and take a proactive approach to this problem . Because like it or not the AFL aren't going anywhere , and the WAFC aren't going to do the WAFL any favours .
So we can either keep up the 'Woe is me ' attitude of the past 30 years and keep getting more irrelevant each year , or be proactive and see if we can steady the decline and actually turn things around . And if each club cant afford to invest in there future , maybe they shouldn't be playing in an elite competition .

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88541

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Agree pjaye....very little hype from my club SD about the upcoming season has come my way and yes I'm on the mailing list. Happy to send out invites to upcoming functions they'd like me to part with my hard earned to attend but apart from the one letter from CEO Tom Bottrell if I haven't pursued information myself I'd know nothing of the start of the season. Clubs need to understand that if they just start talking and communicating footy talk with us fans they already have easy access to we will get excited about the game we love. Positivity is the first lesson of a good business model.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88548

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

Southerner wrote: The WAFL got shot between the shoulder blades in 1986/87 when that cluster of Blue & Gold maggots were weaseled into existence in the backrooms

The official deathknell was 1992 when the maggots won the VFL gong

Then when the Afterbirth was created in 1995 it ruined what little remained because they thought they'd created some twisted sick notion of a "derby"

And now we've got 2 generations of mindless numbnuts - one of which idolized the scum like Cousins , Chick , Kerr , Fletcher , Gardiner et al

I'll keep my memories & continue my lifelong WANFL following , it's a pure game - not a contrived one (barring the two traitors)

You got it all wrapped up there in one brother...love your work.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88549

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Grassy wrote: All the more reason to get rid of the Host Clubs and send them East.

Any Blackmail Bullshit from those F**ksticks of the Commission Executive and A Vote of No Confidence gets Fired in to the Government of the Day,be it Col or Sneakers.Then they must step in and See things Our Way.

NO COMPROMISE!

Oh yeah,of course,if the poor dears have only got loose change of their Swiss bank accounts available to travel,then perhaps they can arrange their own Reserves scratch matches,a few times a year.That's all they need really.Then Peel and East PERTH are free to play the way they're meant to be.As Thunder and Royals.

I don't give Fat Rat's Clacker what the Eagles and Dockers say about McHenry and co.This is Our State Competition at Stake and they are Fucking us over!This is getting beyond niceties,even if we are fighting City Hall 10 Times over. angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

What sort of deluded parrallel universe do you live in Grassy?

This crap about No Compromise, Votes of No Confidence , its fanatasy mate, every club is beholden to the WAFC and AFL Clubs for financial survival , they line up each week for the bucks and the WAFC tell them what they can do and cant do, no body will change anything because its impossible to survive otherwise, look at the entry of the eagles the dockers, peel the alignment, its a sorry tale of enfeebled, weak, financially exposed clubs bending over and doing what they are told...

Heres a tip mate, if your really want to embolden Perth, sell your mansion in well heeled area of Wembley and donate the $2 Million to Perth and then they might have the ability to stand on their own two feet.,,meanwhile they have jumped into bed with guess who - the eagles.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88550

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

pjaye wrote: I am sick of reading how the WAFC wont advertise or promote the WAFL games . Maybe its time for all 9 WAFL clubs to get off there behinds and do something to promote the game to the masses . Maybe its time they pooled money together equally and paid for advertising on TV , radio , newspapers , billboards , social media . Put $20000 - $30000 each club each year and take a proactive approach to this problem . Because like it or not the AFL aren't going anywhere , and the WAFC aren't going to do the WAFL any favours .
So we can either keep up the 'Woe is me ' attitude of the past 30 years and keep getting more irrelevant each year , or be proactive and see if we can steady the decline and actually turn things around . And if each club cant afford to invest in there future , maybe they shouldn't be playing in an elite competition .

South can barely manage to pay the power bills let alonge put money in a PR fund, what about Subi, they are cashed up...but what about the eagles, they have 60 Mill in the bank,,any chance of them lending us 10 grand? fat rich corporate tossers.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88551

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Grassy wrote: You aren't a WAFL supporter's Bootlace mate,let alone Perth.

In fact they are the antithesis of WAFL supporters, they wont be happy till its totally gone! You have tossers on here claiming to be South supporters who never go to games or join as members, what a joke.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 528 guests and 6 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync