Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88408

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

Greatwhiteshark wrote: For some reason West Perth fans have not gone in any numbers to Freo oval for many many years.

Yep , that is a fact I have noticed for about 10 yrs now, generally if we have WP now its accepted its going to be a small crowd. Maybe its distance from Joondalup but sad as the clubs were once strong rivals , that faded in the 80s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88410

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

Grassy wrote: Do tell.

What could be more important than Aussie Rules Footy?

Gardening?

Wandering aimlessly around Shopping Malls all day?

Shopping?

Pity help the poor buggers. :ohmy:

All those things sadly mate, work, taking the boat out, watching foxtel , surfing the net, shops, kids parties, and when it starts AFL.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88419

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
No disrespect Mad Dog but were they living under a rock. You have had the Sunday Times preview last weekend (March 13), season previews of all the clubs on the wafl website over the last month, the season launch broadcast on the WAFL website, channel 7 doing 5-7 minute video previews on all wafl clubs and putting it up on the west website, today tonight doing some feature stories on the WAFL over the last six weeks and channel 7 promoting the start of the season with an advert over the last couple of weeks. Oh and there was a season guide that came out last Wednesday which they started promoting the week before.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88422

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: I can tell you that there was probably 2000+ at centrelink stadium and from what I saw, more were wearing dockers gear than Peel's.

I drove straight past Bendigo Stadium yesterday to the Crab Fest, absolutely packed that probably wouldn't of helped with the crowd numbers.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88455

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I have always thought that WP, EP, EF and South have fared worse since the 1987 nonsense started. About ten years ago we had just won the flag so I had some Subi stuff on and engaged in a short conversation with the woman next to me in the queue. She was an old WP supporter. I asked when she last went to the WAFL; she said 1981.

I don't need to explain the significance of the year on this site, but it is illustrative in a very small sense -- leaving 1987 and all the rest of it aside -- that people leave clubs for a myriad or reasons.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88463

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Mr AFL wrote: No disrespect Mad Dog but were they living under a rock. You have had the Sunday Times preview last weekend (March 13), season previews of all the clubs on the wafl website over the last month, the season launch broadcast on the WAFL website, channel 7 doing 5-7 minute video previews on all wafl clubs and putting it up on the west website, today tonight doing some feature stories on the WAFL over the last six weeks and channel 7 promoting the start of the season with an advert over the last couple of weeks. Oh and there was a season guide that came out last Wednesday which they started promoting the week before.

I'm an avid follower who rarely buys the paper or watches mainstream television. I didn't see or hear any of that and only bought the paper on Wednesday after hearing there was a liftout in it.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88464

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
If they were doing it properly every club would have a stand at the major local shopping centre,for swans Bassendean and midland gate,offering memberships,promotional items and free tickets or 2 for 1. Would cost nothing to send some colts players down.

I will say however,$15 entry is absolutely absurd! Shouldn't even be $10!

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88466

• Greatwhiteshark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Mad Dog wrote: If they were doing it properly every club would have a stand at the major local shopping centre,for swans Bassendean and midland gate,offering memberships,promotional items and free tickets or 2 for 1. Would cost nothing to send some colts players down.

$15 is not keeping people away, it is not a high price at all.
The young generation simply have no interest other than a mate playing, they are not raised with the WAFL a large part of their life it is all AFL to them.
I would highly doubt if many 18-25 year olds could name all the WAFL clubs.
Promotion of the comp is the big problem but it's also clear the WAFC will not increase that. The clubs themselves are handed X amount from the WAFC to shut their mouths and they seem happy also.
Other than some multi millionaire taking on the WAFL the future is what we see today and worse as the years go by, I doubt their will be WAFL on tv after this current contract.
All the reasons all point to what the AFL wants which is no competition at all, no other leagues thriving and no other comps ever being an option for the younger generation.
I just can't see for the life of me how it will change as much as I wish it could.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88468

• Greatwhiteshark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Grassy wrote: Is that how the AFL wants it?

Cheesing off a huge following and steering us to other sports?

Then they should Leave the Game NOW,before the peasants Storm the Bastille.

The WAFC Executive should quit niw as well.They're a Disgrace in assisting the AFL to keep us under their Thumb! :angry:

Well can you provide another reason why the WAFC is not heavily promoted with tv shows, radio shows etc like the AFL is?
The WAFC do nothing as they are instructed to do, they were told to partner channel 7 obviously as channel 9 and 10 could not even get a meeting with them.
The WAFC are all hand picked puppets who will tow the AFL line.

If you have the answers mate I would love to hear it, not wishes but actual answers. It ain't going to change.

WAFL crowds 8 years 1 week ago #88469

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Greatwhiteshark wrote:

Mad Dog wrote: If they were doing it properly every club would have a stand at the major local shopping centre,for swans Bassendean and midland gate,offering memberships,promotional items and free tickets or 2 for 1. Would cost nothing to send some colts players down.

$15 is not keeping people away, it is not a high price at all.
The young generation simply have no interest other than a mate playing, they are not raised with the WAFL a large part of their life it is all AFL to them.
I would highly doubt if many 18-25 year olds could name all the WAFL clubs.
Promotion of the comp is the big problem but it's also clear the WAFC will not increase that. The clubs themselves are handed X amount from the WAFC to shut their mouths and they seem happy also.
Other than some multi millionaire taking on the WAFL the future is what we see today and worse as the years go by, I doubt their will be WAFL on tv after this current contract.
All the reasons all point to what the AFL wants which is no competition at all, no other leagues thriving and no other comps ever being an option for the younger generation.
I just can't see for the life of me how it will change as much as I wish it could.

Wrong
My old man won't go because it's $15 entry! Then you add on the extra for a few beers and a feed. He's a former player who grew up in Bazzo and loves the club.He'd rather spend that money on a cheep beers at home and a flutter.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 246 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020