Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156417

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

58shark wrote: Watching the game tonight, a bit of advice for the Hawks....be afraid. Melbourne looked awesome, like a team with a job to do. Loved the look on Scott’s face throughout the game, whinging flog.

The Demons were very impressive, they absolutely smashed Geelong.The only criticism I would have is that they wasted so many scoring opportunties, they should have been 10 goals up at half time.They will need to put this right against the Hawks. I thought the Joel Selwood brain fade in the 3rd quarter took the stuffing out of the Cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156427

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

anchorman wrote: The Thursday night game was a disappointment I thought.Never reached the finals heights that it should have, despite all the razzamatazz the commentators went on about.
Last night game was much better.The Dees were merciless in the attitude ,especially in the first half.They almost threw it away during the third quarter with bad kicking.Both sides goal kicking was bad.
The Holy Trinity were a disaster last night.They gave nothing.In fact Selwoods tantrum , more than likely cost them the game.They were on a bit of a roll, Hawkins was goin g to kick a goal,and then the brain explosion.
Both Dangerfield and Selwood gave away many free kicks.Dangerfield I think gave away six.
Selwood was tagged out of having any real influence.
Ablett was doing things when the game was lost.He is a rather large shadow of the player he used to be.In the first half, he was caught in tackles, incorrectly disposed of the ball, yet not penalised.
But saying that to say Geelong played bad would be taking away the greatness of the Dees win.Their pressure was relentless. They moved the ball far quicker and more accurately than the Cats.Weiderman and McDonald .were great forward marking targets for the Dees.
I am sure that the Cats will have a long hard look at their aging players and make some hard calls.
I have tipped the Swans to down the Neeshies today.I think the horror run of injuries has caught up with the Neeshies .You can only shake the tree so many times before all the apples have fallen.I think it has reached that stage for GWS.
Toasters and Pies should be a cracker.I have tipped the Toasters, because I think the crowd will be a major factor.Home ground advantage as well. And besides they have been playing some very good football.
Over 90,000 at both MCG games, should be a capacity crowd at Optus tonight.,and holds over 40,000 I think,so well over 250,000 in four games of football this weekend.Not bad.
And by the way, I tipped the Hawks in Thursday nights game.Tipped them by 17 points.

Anchor do you think Abblett has another year in him

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156428

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think Abblett is like a lot of players that reach the final years of playing in that he will have impact in some games but wont be consistent anymore and runs the risk of being exposed by younger players, especially in big games.

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156430

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

JB wrote: I think Abblett is like a lot of players that reach the final years of playing in that he will have impact in some games but wont be consistent anymore and runs the risk of being exposed by younger players, especially in big games.

JB I heard ABC Grandstand interview him after the match.Garry Jnr said his average form comes from an interrupted pre season this year.And he spoke about a full pre season + extra training he was going to do for the 2019 season.

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156432

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Last nights Final was a dreadful standard of Finals Football Melbourne should have won by 10+ goals but fluffed many chances through inferred pressure that actually wasnt really there whilst Geelong look done.
The Thursday night game was a far better standard.

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156443

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

anchorman wrote: Maybe I am being a bit picky, but does Ablett appear to be over weight in comparison to previous years!!He looks over weight and slow to me.His decision making last night was horrendous.
BH, while I agree the goal kicking from both sides was poor, the pressure from Melbourne was irresistible.The Geelong players could not handle it.
To me a much better finals game than Thursday night.

Ablett looked stressed after the game and I think Geelong needs to make some tough calls on a few players. Unless Ablett can trim down I think his days are numbered.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156445

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Maybe I am being a bit picky, but does Ablett appear to be over weight in comparison to previous years!!He looks over weight and slow to me.His decision making last night was horrendous.
BH, while I agree the goal kicking from both sides was poor, the pressure from Melbourne was irresistible.The Geelong players could not handle it.
To me a much better finals game than Thursday night.

A/man I will be reserved in my comments. It was my understanding that the Geelong players as a group decided to accept less money than they could have received at other clubs. That is most players accepted this with one notable exception. I think it was a mistake to get that player back.

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156456

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Gee Sydney never fired a shot tonight. It was a very disappointing game which GWS would have won by 15 goals if they had kicked straight. Maybe it signals the end of an era for both perennial finalists the Swans and the Cats.

Last edit: by mikeh.

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156464

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Is Toby Green the most arrogant, nasty, dirty prick to play the game?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

AFL finals 5 years 7 months ago #156466

• terror
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30

58shark wrote: Is Toby Green the most arrogant, nasty, dirty prick to play the game?

Nowhere near it.. he was brilliant today & best on ground.. I’d have him in my team..

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 413 guests and 3 members online

• Blackduck
  • gtrxuone
  • Roo

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog