Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156000

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
So finals are here and this weeks games promise some decent footy and hopefully some close results

my tips

Richmond V Hawthorn
I hadn't realised that these two teams have never met in a final in the history of AFL/VFL which is an amazing stat given the long history of both clubs. Richmond are very much premiership favourites but they will be nervous about playing the Hawks who are in great form and have in Clarkson the best Coach in the business. I think the Tigers will prevail but in a tight game

Melbourne V Geelong I think the finals experience of the cats may make some difference in this game, but they need to find a way to nullify Max Gawn if they want to win. Also Geelong has had a very soft lead up to this final whereas Melbourne played 3 finals type games in the lead up. Balancing it all up I think Melbourne might just get over the line.

Sydney v GWS Sydney will have Franklin and Parker back whereas GWS still have a lot of injuries and just staggered into the finals. The battle of the bridges is always a willing contest though but I think the Swans will prevail

Eagles v Collingwood Playing at home is a massive advantage for the Eagles and Collingwood will be up against it unless they can have a fast start like the Dee's did a couple of weeks back and get the crowd a bit agitated. One advantage for the Magpies is that they got a run at Optus Stadium a couple of weeks ago against the Dockers which is exactly what happened to the Bulldogs in 2016 when they came back to Perth after losing to the Dockers at Subi in round 23 and beat the Eagles in the first final on the way to a premiership, so there may be some who see this as an omen. I think West Coast will win by 4 goals though.

What do other people think will happen?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156001

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Other than Richmond I think any of the teams playing in the other 3 games can win.
A tough call for the tipsters.
I’m probably leaning towards Richmond and the 3 home teams to win.
Melbourne,Sydney and Eagles.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156002

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Richmond by 15,,Dees by 8,,Eagles by 16,,,Sydney by 31,,,,,Subiaco by 22,,Claremont by 24...

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156065

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Tigers, Coasters, Sydney and Melbourne
Get on your bike.

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156345

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
After just watching Richmond put a gallant Hawthorn to the sword in tonights final, I wish every other side in the finals series good luck in beating them. They will need it. The Tigers are just relentless and grind opposition teams down. They now have an unbeaten record of 22 at the MCG and will not leave that venue for the remainder of their season.
They are odds on to go back to back.

Last edit: by mikeh.

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156347

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

mikeh wrote: After just watching Richmond put a gallant Hawthorn to the sword in tonights final, I wish every other side in the finals series good luck in beating them. They will need it. The Tigers are just relentless and grind opposition teams down. They now have an unbeaten record of 22 at the MCG and will not leave that venue for the remainder of their season.

Yep, Richmond are certainly looking the goods. The 2 teams I would pick that can beat them are GWS and WCE. Of course, one of these teams have to get there first.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156350

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote:

mikeh wrote: After just watching Richmond put a gallant Hawthorn to the sword in tonights final, I wish every other side in the finals series good luck in beating them. They will need it. The Tigers are just relentless and grind opposition teams down. They now have an unbeaten record of 22 at the MCG and will not leave that venue for the remainder of their season.

Yep, Richmond are certainly looking the goods. The 2 teams I would pick that can beat them are GWS and WCE. Of course, one of these teams have to get there first.

Of course the problem is that both teams are non Victorian who hardly ever play at the MCG.

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156401

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think at this point, Richmond could play at East Freo oval with 16 men and still win!!

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156412

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
So many Geelong players had shockers tonight. There disposal by foot was terrible.Pity for them Tomohawk looked like he was In for a big night. Well done to the Dees very good in the first qtr and set up the win.

AFL finals 5 years 6 months ago #156416

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Watching the game tonight, a bit of advice for the Hawks....be afraid. Melbourne looked awesome, like a team with a job to do. Loved the look on Scott’s face throughout the game, whinging flog.

Last edit: by 58shark.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 312 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma