Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152248

• JB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've had enough of this crap. We had a unique and exciting game for 100 plus years and now here we go again with some more changes and why? because fans are losing interest, why are they losing interest you might ask, well because of rule changes thats why, nobody knows what the rules are anymore because they change so much.
Get rid of the stupid interchange and revert to once you are off stay off and while you are at it get rid of an umpire or two, slow it down a bit and maybe reduce the injuries, get rid of the prior opportunity so if you are caught with the ball its holding the ball. Stop penalising the bloke ast the bottom of the pack and bounce it down, get rid of the scrum. To summerise get rid of the stupid rule changes that have come in over the last 20 years or so and get back to propper footy FFS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152250

• Dazzler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 391
Have to agree with a lot of what you say. This just amplifies again the growing cleavage between the AFL elite - the bloated AFL bureaucracy, the co-opted media, clubs and their legion of staff etc - and the footy fan. The elite spend their time competing to dream up shite to "make the game better" which is code for expand into new markets (women's footy) and make more money to spend on the ever growing bureaucracy and the game gets mangled and bastardised in the meantime.

You only need to listen to SEN for five minutes to get a sense of this insular, self interested elite at work. Listening to that weasel Gerard Whateley's fawning, giggling interview with Dill McLachlan this morning was sickening, goading each other into whether the AFL should corrupt the competition this season and turn a few "dead rubbers" into science experiments.Two absolute poindexters, one an entrusted custodian of the game, spitting out shite off the cuff that has the potential to transform the game into something it never was and no one fkn wants.

Footy's getting taken away from the average punter and I reckon the disenfranchisement this will lead to might take a bit to recover from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by Dazzler.

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152260

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
While I hate the endless rule changes that are happening every year, they have to come up with a way of getting rid of the rolling maul they call Australian Rules Football.
The first rule change, so I’m told, was way back when. The first goal square was 18 metres (20 ft I think) long. After 3 years, they shortened it to 9 metres.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152262

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
I agree with what has been posted above but let us not forget the real culprits for the congested rolling maul of a game we have today....the bloody coaches especially those defensive minded numptys Eade, Roos & Lyon!
Any rule change that gives us more goals a game including the 100 goal a year kicking Full Forward back I am all for it!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152279

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I won't repeat what I posted on a similar topic created by a/man. What I will say there are several sports, hockey and rugby union, that have made rule changes that have been beneficial and where the rules weren't beneficial they were scrapped. Aussie rules footy rule changes i the last 15 odd years have been virtually without exception negatively impacted the spectacle that was aussie rules.

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152286

• JB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Exactly correct. The frustrating part is that they continue down the same path when clearly we the people that fund and support the game are ignored.

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152446

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Dazzler wrote: Have to agree with a lot of what you say. This just amplifies again the growing cleavage between the AFL elite - the bloated AFL bureaucracy, the co-opted media, clubs and their legion of staff etc - and the footy fan. The elite spend their time competing to dream up shite to "make the game better" which is code for expand into new markets (women's footy) and make more money to spend on the ever growing bureaucracy and the game gets mangled and bastardised in the meantime.

You only need to listen to SEN for five minutes to get a sense of this insular, self interested elite at work. Listening to that weasel Gerard Whateley's fawning, giggling interview with Dill McLachlan this morning was sickening, goading each other into whether the AFL should corrupt the competition this season and turn a few "dead rubbers" into science experiments.Two absolute poindexters, one an entrusted custodian of the game, spitting out shite off the cuff that has the potential to transform the game into something it never was and no one fkn wants.

Footy's getting taken away from the average punter and I reckon the disenfranchisement this will lead to might take a bit to recover from.

Isnt this what Melbourne Football club was fined half a million dollars for during Dean Baileys tenure ( experimenting in a dead rubber or what the AFL called "manipulating the integrity of the competition"). So suddenly its OK now???

Last edit: by mikeh.

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152448

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
I'm all for changing the rules starting with:
1/ Get rid of chopping the arms but pay a free if high contact is made over the shoulder.
2/ Get rid of "no prior opportunity. If a player wants the ball then he MUST dispose of it by a kick or handball. The onus is on the receiver of the ball.
3/ Pay all frees for high contact including the man on the ground being tackled.
4/ Get rid of nominated rucks at ball ups.
5/ Get rid of frees for blocking unless the rucks are impeded.
6/ Protect the man on the mark from interference.
7/ Get rid of the 30 second limit kicking for goal or give the defenders the same option.

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152462

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: This supposed group of experts, were any of them from states other than Victoria , QLD and NSW?
Where was the representation from WA?

Why would you expect WA to be involved?

Rules rules and more rules 5 years 8 months ago #152466

• JB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You wouldn't.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 479 guests and 5 members online

• Whitey
  • Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Omah
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma