Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153546

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Bazza wrote: Should of had it years ago, Aussie Rules only code in the world that doesnt have it, total backwards thinking.

It should be there for extreme acts of violence and at the very least for Finals.

Aussie Rules HAS had a send off rule-red card rule (Steven Handley 1991 WAFL Prelim Final) for 30 years or more in the WAFL, Ammos, Country, Masters, Juniors etc it is only the Victorian administered AFL that has NOT had a send off rule!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153554

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I recall Richard Maloney got sent off for being reported twice in a game for wasting time I think it was and something else that was quite trivial only to have both thrown out at the tribunal...so not sure I'm a huge fan as the umpies can get it wrong in the heat of battle. I quite like Mike's idea of a Video Referee type set up where an umpire in the stands gets to look at all available footage and makes a call.

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153561

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

anchorman wrote: Make the THIRD Umpire do what he is being paid for maybe!!

Agree Anchor , those three field umpires from the weekend should never umpire a finals match this year....

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153662

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Don't forget Richard Maloney for snotting Devon Perry in 2002 -- Subiaco got serious about the WAFL after that match -- Subi people were very angry -- Sparks went and German came.

Umpires can't stop players going the bif, they can only re-act to it when it happens.

I am glad there was no such rule in 1986, because our best player would have been sent off for his hit on a certain EF player in the grand final. Perhaps, if the rule had of existed, Bunton might have got another player to do the deed?

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153674

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Tom Griller would of been sent off in the 1970 GF.

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153676

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Red card would only work if it was done via an off field mechanism of video replays. Too hard for the on field umpires to adjudicate behind the play incidents. Interesting that guys like Paul Roo's who has been anti red card in the past has turned around a bit in the light of recent incidents

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153685

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

mikeh wrote: Red card would only work if it was done via an off field mechanism of video replays. Too hard for the on field umpires to adjudicate behind the play incidents. Interesting that guys like Paul Roo's who has been anti red card in the past has turned around a bit in the light of recent incidents

Interesting point Mike. I wasn’t able to watch sunday’s Derby, but from what I read, Gaff wasn’t reported at the time of the incident? If this is correct, the umps would not have been able to issue the red card, as they didn’t see the incident. That’s where you’d need the video ump in charge of the card system.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153689

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

ArkRoyal wrote: Don't forget Richard Maloney for snotting Devon Perry in 2002 -- Subiaco got serious about the WAFL after that match -- Subi people were very angry -- Sparks went and German came.

Umpires can't stop players going the bif, they can only re-act to it when it happens.

I am glad there was no such rule in 1986, because our best player would have been sent off for his hit on a certain EF player in the grand final. Perhaps, if the rule had of existed, Bunton might have got another player to do the deed?

AR...are you talking about Keeney on David Bushell? If so, he wouldn't have got a red card....more likely to have got a medal.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 309 guests and one member online

• Royals78

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977