Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

d card call.... again. 5 years 9 months ago #149997

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Healy and Judd are calling for the red card to be introduced to our game after the Cameron hit on Harris Andrews on the weekend.
When will they understand that people, football followers, don't want it.
I wonder would Judd have screamed blue murder if he was sent off for his dog attack on Pavlich!!!!
I don't have faith in the integrity of some of the umpires to be fair and unbiased as it is now.
Imagine some of the egotists umpiring now in a close GF ,a huge bump on a players.In he come whistle blaring,reaching for the red card as he wobbles in.Off off, that is a red card and 50 metres.The player smiles and plonks the ball through for a goal.Then the siren blows.The video comes up on the screen, what tha!!!!!!! He hit him fair and square.,he dived,dived.just like a soccer player.
Red card no thanks.

A/man the vision of Judd hitting Pavlich should be shown to C Judd and then he should be asked did that action warrant a red card?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

d card call.... again. 5 years 9 months ago #150009

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
A red card should be enforced in all finals. One only has to remember Alistar Lynch's episode back in the early 2000's when he ran amok in his last game.
If a player is taken out (either accidental or deliberate) than the person doing that act should be removed & not replaced.
We have this year too many "accidental" injuries to top players. If the injured player leaves then so should the offender.
Stuff these weak barstards who accidental .injure good players..
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackspratt

d card call.... again. 5 years 9 months ago #150011

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

swan42 wrote:
A/man the vision of Judd hitting Pavlich should be shown to C Judd and then he should be asked did that action warrant a red card?

He would no doubt say no, and I would agree with him.

I would have no problem with a red card and/or sin bin being introduced into AFL - particularly in finals.

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153363

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Think again?

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153376

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I think there is an argument for a red card option to be available for king hits behind the play where the impact was as obvious as it was yesterday. In play stuff such as deliberate elbows to the head in marking contests would still continue to be subject to reports and tribunal hearings. On field umpires would NOT be given the power to send off so that would eliminate the "Razor Ray" types looking for their 30 seconds of fame.

Instead, the incident would be reviewed by a VAR official looking at the replay then communicating the decision to the on ground officials. There would be plenty of time to do this while the victim is being carried off on a stretcher and this option would only be used if the victim appeared badly hurt and looked as if they would not be able to continue in the game.

The VAR official would make a decision based on the intent of the action and the impact on the victim. My feeling is that it would not be used very often but it certainly would have yesterday. Taking Gaff out of the game would have prevented the subsequent rather distasteful behaviour of SOME moronic Eagles supporters cheering Gaff like a hero every time he went near the ball ( Note I am saying some because I know a lot of decent Eagles people would have been disgusted with the incident). Then the same idiots booing the Dockers players who understandably sought Gaff out for retribution. This red card option would only be used in extreme and obvious circumstances and if the players knew this option existed they may think twice about doing what Gaff did yesterday.

I thought Gaff was genuine in his apology after the game and he is not a dirty player as his record indicates but it would have been much better for everyone,including himself if he had been able to be removed from the game yesterday.

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153382

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Generally, my thoughts are no red card. This is Aussie Rules, not soccer. However an incident like this makes me rethink. A king hit to a top line player in a GF could change thegame.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153404

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
The send off also protects the perpetrator from a serious injury in an act of retaliation, which nobody wants to see. Yesterday Gaff had no choice but to go back on the field to face the music because if he hadnt people would have thought of him as weak. Take the decision out of his hands.

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153425

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think the umps aren’t overly concerned when they miss one with all the cameras around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leather Stops

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153445

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Perhaps they could get rid of a couple of umps and total rely on the cameras?

d card call.... again. 5 years 8 months ago #153542

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Should of had it years ago, Aussie Rules only code in the world that doesnt have it, total backwards thinking.

It should be there for extreme acts of violence and at the very least for Finals.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 336 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977