Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147569

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Anyone seen it...Herald Sun have hold it...story just broke.

Just watching Sky News...someone said urgent board meeting being held and Lyons days are numbered...??

No idea whats on it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147570

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
It's building isn't it? Like I have been saying it's a big dark cloud hanging over the club involving the biggest figure in the club and they are going to have to deal with it one way or another and not the way they have been dealing with it thus far.

Fremantle are yet to extend Adam Cerras contract and how Fremantle deal with this might determine if he extends or wants out at the end of his first two year contract.
Get on your bike.

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147571

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
people should keep in mind that this bloke -- and the club -- have been allegged to have paid somebody off; a claim, which , if you think about it, would suggest that there was/is a little bit of evidence around.

You might find, if he is forced out down the track, Lyon suing Fremantle and the AFL. We need to keep in mind that the AFL, has, supposedly, already signned off on the whole case.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147574

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

ArkRoyal wrote: people should keep in mind that this bloke -- and the club -- have been allegged to have paid somebody off; a claim, which , if you think about it, would suggest that there was/is a little bit of evidence around.

You might find, if he is forced out down the track, Lyon suing Fremantle and the AFL. We need to keep in mind that the AFL, has, supposedly, already signned off on the whole case.

Ark it was said that the Wafc arnt happy about the club paying this money.They called the Freo director into head office.They own the club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147577

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Yeah WAFC are not happy.

Press Conference today they reckon...

Gossage reckons he is hearing they are dumping Lyon, but he is not certain.

Tbh I'd be surprised but then again you never know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147580

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: people should keep in mind that this bloke -- and the club -- have been allegged to have paid somebody off; a claim, which , if you think about it, would suggest that there was/is a little bit of evidence around.

You might be right there Ark. RL is contracted until the end of 2020 and would be one of the highest paid AFL coaches going around. He has always said the day the club no longer wants him he will walk away, not sure he would be willing to walk away from a 1.5 to 2 million dollar contract and not sure any other AFL clubs would be chasing a coach with this sort of controversy surrounding him. He would have already had his own independent legal advise on this and the fact everything has been done in terms of reporting the matter, it being investigated by the club, the AFL and Fair Work Commission and a settlement and confidentiality agreement was reached, he certainly has his rights.

Fremantle could have terminated his contract when this came to light as he could have been in breach of his own workplace contract but they have chosen instead to settle the matter and back the coach.

I just think the whole thing stinks and as a Fremantle supporter it pisses me off. One of Ross Lyons favorite sayings when a player trips up is, "You act your way out, you then have to act your way back in". Ross is big on actions and so far the court of public opinion isn't too impressed with his actions.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147584

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hate to say it but I told you so. Fremantles major sponsors have made it known to the club they expect high standards of integrity and transparency from the club. I can only see this ending one way. Ross has lost the gloss and needs to go. Been a big Ross Lyon fan up until this point but I can't see how his job is tenable from this time forward.

And I think it's already having a negative impact on the players. One of the last players I expected to hear about breaking club rules and getting a move on notice, giving a false name etc..... Stephen Hill has some explaining to do. As I said recently, how does Ross confront a player about his off field behaviour with a straight face?

thewest.com.au/sport/fremantle-dockers/s...y-unit-ng-b88832683z
Get on your bike.

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147585

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
DD -- I think you have summed things up well; if they don't make the eight this season I would force him out for 'football reasons' notting, as I did it, that the club has not nade the finals for two or three years.

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147586

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: DD -- I think you have summed things up well; if they don't make the eight this season I would force him out for 'football reasons' notting, as I did it, that the club has not nade the finals for two or three years.

Ark the second complainant that has suddenly come forward might be the clubs savior and give the club an easy out to rip up his contract without having to pay him out. He is contracted until the end of 2020.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Lyon Secret Tape.. 5 years 10 months ago #147588

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
DD yep -- a good stroke of luck for Fremantle; let us hope the board will use it to its advantage in this saga, one which is taking on a continuity of sordidness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 334 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes