Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145417

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Also I think there is a drop in posts across the board, Ive noticed even the WAFL club chat is very light on for so early in the season.
I think that unfortunately the wonky one sided comp we have had broken a lot interest, people have chucked it in left right and centre.
If people are not coming here in general traffic to post on club issues they are not going to migrate across to AFL chat, they just are not here at all.
Tbh I walked away from Fremantle Oval Saturday arvo thinking what's the point with this anymore, the atmosphere was pretty poor, small crowd a heap of regulars missing, dockers on at the same time and subi dominating the season again, means its a case of dancing with you sister, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this is up, but after 32 years continuous membership its the first time I wondered if I should bother renewing next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145421

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Beasley Hutton wrote: Maybe most posters come to this chat forum to talk WAFL FOOTBALL, WAAFL & WACFL because they are sick to death of the non stop constant dribble from the likes of Ch 7, 9, 10, Fox Footy, 6pr, Sen, The West, ST etc talking absolute rubbish on every aspect of the afl most of which is just so mind numbing and obviously catered for the same type.
Is it too hard to understand that many people still have a passion for real grassroots footy over the over saturated over hyped comp?
Now what is even more laughable is someone actually begging for more afl dribble on here like there are not enough outlets already for that!!!

Very good point re saturation on the media BH. Ch7 in particular seems to have a piece on the 2 WA AFL teams every night in the main news section then more drivel in sports. If it's not Nic Nat's knee or Cousins going off the rails then it's some other inane rubbish.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145422

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

58shark wrote:

anchorman wrote: Three games into the season AFL, and hardly a word written about the goings on.
Both local sides running at two and one.
A very good win by the Toasters yesterday.What is going on, are the supporters a bit shy about making comment!!!
The Dockers have had two pretty good wins so far.Played two sides from the top eight last season playing at 1/1.Knocked off the top of the ladder side on Saturday.
I like the Toasters chances this week at home again.Not sure about the Dockers who play my premiership favourites, the Neeshies.

You’re right anchor, bit quiet here. I admit, I get a bit lazy. I mean to post a comment on a topic (WAFL and AFL) but don’t get around to it.
Two points to mention, barring injury, Fyffe could be headed for a very special year. Too early to call a Victorian f&b after 3 games, but he’s in that form this early in the season. Another that a lot of anti Eagle people will scoff at, just how valuable is Nic Nat? Bit worrying when the form of both players determine how the team goes. Almost to the point of a team relying on one man?

Fyfe was superb 58 and considering the time NicNat has had out he was very influential as well. WCE need to do something about clearances though as Nat and Lycett are dominating the rucks but WCE is getting smashed in clearance numbers. It's not much good getting all the taps if you're not having first use at ground level.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145423

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Beasley Hutton wrote: Maybe most posters come to this chat forum to talk WAFL FOOTBALL, WAAFL & WACFL because they are sick to death of the non stop constant dribble from the likes of Ch 7, 9, 10, Fox Footy, 6pr, Sen, The West, ST etc talking absolute rubbish on every aspect of the afl most of which is just so mind numbing and obviously catered for the same type.
Is it too hard to understand that many people still have a passion for real grassroots footy over the over saturated over hyped comp?
Now what is even more laughable is someone actually begging for more afl dribble on here like there are not enough outlets already for that!!!

Exactly, how about the fact I couldn't care less if I never heard another thing about the AFL for the rest of my life
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, ArkRoyal

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145431

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: And that is exactly what Sharky is referring to.You can't constantly live in the past.They are no longer that clubs players.It is just like kids going to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide or Gold Coast and Brissie.They don't belong to that club any more.
Buy hey I seem to remember many many time expressing these sentiments, way back in the dim dark days of Footgoss.
I remember one poster here who used to constantly post about his beloved Red and Whites a, and I don't mean South Fremantle. Constantly posted about them.Yet now days all he does is slam the AFL.
By all means follow your WAFL club, but don't be afraid to post regarding the AFL, because you think that other posters will call you a turn coat or a sycophant of the AFL.
Oh and BC, I am not talking about you when I post my last sentence there.I know you do comment here on the AFL.

Here's a deal for you a/man: I will stop "living in the past" when the AFL F&B is not named the Brownlow Medal and the games and goals records holders are exclusively within the time period the AFL has been around.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145437

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote:

Very good point re saturation on the media BH. Ch7 in particular seems to have a piece on the 2 WA AFL teams every night in the main news section then more drivel in sports. If it's not Nic Nat's knee or Cousins going off the rails then it's some other inane rubbish.

been like that for years BC, doesn't help now that its one big set up the west the sunday slime and major sponsors of afl,, its a self propelling spew of crap information and quite frankly embarrassing Hicksville mentality, my mrs is from over seas from a city where soccer is massive ( Liverpool) and she says even there you don't get the mind numbing crap on the news every night about the local soccer team. which on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being low global international interest and 10 being high, rates a 10 and the eagles a 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2

Last edit: by Bazza.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145446

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

swan42 wrote:

anchorman wrote: And that is exactly what Sharky is referring to.You can't constantly live in the past.They are no longer that clubs players.It is just like kids going to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide or Gold Coast and Brissie.They don't belong to that club any more.
Buy hey I seem to remember many many time expressing these sentiments, way back in the dim dark days of Footgoss.

Here's a deal for you a/man: I will stop "living in the past" when the AFL F&B is not named the Brownlow Medal and the games and goals records holders are exclusively within the time period the AFL has been around.

And I'll stop living in the past when a couple of Freo dickheads do the same. Essendon served their sentence but these idiots want to still contest it.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145448

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Bazza wrote: Also I think there is a drop in posts across the board, Ive noticed even the WAFL club chat is very light on for so early in the season.
I think that unfortunately the wonky one sided comp we have had broken a lot interest, people have chucked it in left right and centre.
If people are not coming here in general traffic to post on club issues they are not going to migrate across to AFL chat, they just are not here at all.
Tbh I walked away from Fremantle Oval Saturday arvo thinking what's the point with this anymore, the atmosphere was pretty poor, small crowd a heap of regulars missing, dockers on at the same time and subi dominating the season again, means its a case of dancing with you sister, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this is up, but after 32 years continuous membership its the first time I wondered if I should bother renewing next year.

I know what you mean Bazza.I watch plenty of Afl on tele and though there was at least 5 ordinary games this week. Funny I will go and watch Swans play Subi knowing that Subi will win by 10 goals.
Planned last week so Saturday arvo was free. Got dressed to go to Basso and at the 23 rd hour I pulled out. I was the loser as Swans had a great win.But the Afl alignments ,Afl takeover of the colts.Its just doing so much damage to a competition already in massive decline.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145452

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Thing is Beas, you’re standing in front of a steamroller mate. The 20 to 30 people here that hate the AFL are not going to stop it. You and the ludites can get steam rolled, take up following basketball or add the AFL to your favourite sports. Or you can be like me and most of the WAFL followers and enjoy both leagues. Sad, but true old mate.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 6 years 1 week ago #145453

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

swan42 wrote:

I remember one poster here who used to constantly post about his beloved Red and Whites a, and I don't mean South Fremantle. Constantly posted about them.Yet now days all he does is slam the AFL.
By all means follow your WAFL club, but don't be afraid to post regarding the AFL, because you think that other posters will call you a turn coat or a sycophant of the AFL.
Oh and BC, I am not talking about you when I post my last sentence there.I know you do comment here on the AFL.

Swan, you and I rarely agree, but with you 100% here. Brownlow medal, Norm Smith medal and Coleman Medal, what the bloody hell has that got to do with a National comp? If the stale old tradionalists want to keep their VFL history, let’s have the 3 awards named after WA, SA and Vic people. What the hell, let’s just move on to the 21st century.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 317 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977