Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145394

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
probably because a/man most on here are more interested in the WAFL than AFL. I like to see both WA AFL teams do well and in particular Freo but if I had to make a choice of going to a WAFL game and watching Subi or AFL and watching Freo...I'd take the WAFL every time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145396

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Fair point BC, but I think there’s another minor point. I think some people might get a bit sick of the ( Do I call it, the bully) mentality and simply can’t be bothered. Some old farts stuck in the 50’s do nothing but bag the AFL and also bag anyone that follows it. For me, the Sharks are number one, but the Eagles are a very close second, so I don’t give a rats left knacker what these people think of me. I’d love to see more AFL chatter.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145398

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

anchorman wrote: Three games into the season AFL, and hardly a word written about the goings on.
Both local sides running at two and one.
A very good win by the Toasters yesterday.What is going on, are the supporters a bit shy about making comment!!!
The Dockers have had two pretty good wins so far.Played two sides from the top eight last season playing at 1/1.Knocked off the top of the ladder side on Saturday.
I like the Toasters chances this week at home again.Not sure about the Dockers who play my premiership favourites, the Neeshies.

You’re right anchor, bit quiet here. I admit, I get a bit lazy. I mean to post a comment on a topic (WAFL and AFL) but don’t get around to it.
Two points to mention, barring injury, Fyffe could be headed for a very special year. Too early to call a Victorian f&b after 3 games, but he’s in that form this early in the season. Another that a lot of anti Eagle people will scoff at, just how valuable is Nic Nat? Bit worrying when the form of both players determine how the team goes. Almost to the point of a team relying on one man?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145402

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I also think there's a fair bit of angst around the alignment amongst true WAFL supporters. I understand the rationale behind it from the AFL clubs point of view but to develop young players at WAFL level only to see them line up against you for either Peel or EP is a bitter pill to swallow. I'm not sure what the answer is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145404

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: And that is exactly what Sharky is referring to.You can't constantly live in the past.They are no longer that clubs players.It is just like kids going to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide or Gold Coast and Brissie.They don't belong to that club any more.
Buy hey I seem to remember many many time expressing these sentiments, way back in the dim dark days of Footgoss.
I remember one poster here who used to constantly post about his beloved Red and Whites a, and I don't mean South Fremantle. Constantly posted about them.Yet now days all he does is slam the AFL.
By all means follow your WAFL club, but don't be afraid to post regarding the AFL, because you think that other posters will call you a turn coat or a sycophant of the AFL.
Oh and BC, I am not talking about you when I post my last sentence there.I know you do comment here on the AFL.

No ban; just a reflection of the inclination or lack thereof of posters to comment.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145405

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
I would like to mention the tackle Natanui did on the Geelong fella, wow talk about steamrolling someone.
Anchor - did you think Sandilands was looking at a couple weeks holiday? I was very surprised to see him offered a fine.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145406

• Viper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 59
2 weeks in a row that people have received fines instead of weeks.

The tackle on Zac Fisher and the Sandi hit. Both had to be given 2 weeks. Seems the head is just a fine now???

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145407

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A/man and I don't necessarily want to get into a protracted discussion about this BUT it rings a bit hollow when you say that we should not constantly live in the past when what is the name of the AFL's Fairest and Best award? Who holds the record for the most number of games and goals in the AFL?

I rest my case.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145408

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Maybe most posters come to this chat forum to talk WAFL FOOTBALL, WAAFL & WACFL because they are sick to death of the non stop constant dribble from the likes of Ch 7, 9, 10, Fox Footy, 6pr, Sen, The West, ST etc talking absolute rubbish on every aspect of the afl most of which is just so mind numbing and obviously catered for the same type.
Is it too hard to understand that many people still have a passion for real grassroots footy over the over saturated over hyped comp?
Now what is even more laughable is someone actually begging for more afl dribble on here like there are not enough outlets already for that!!!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Is there a ban on AFL here now!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 11 months ago #145414

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Theres bugger all interest about the Eagles or Dockers on this site, fact is most folk here are WAFL, if the few AFL posters want to talk about it go for it, but in general most here don't get into it.

As other posts have stated there is saturation coverage of the two local franchises, this just happens to be a place which is not one of them. although I have noticed a lot of the AFL chat on this site has faded over the years, probably due to the fact that the discussion was pretty boring and heavily moderated.

As for me , after the alignment and shaft after shaft by the big guys I'm not surprised at all that the few WAFL folks left have any inclination to discuss AFL.

I'm sure there are many other blog sites to discuss AFL ad nausea - this isn't one of them. Perhaps you should seek them out.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 562 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes