Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Should Gold Coast trade Ablett? 6 years 6 months ago #136867

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Not wanting to hijack a/man's Lever topic I thought I would canvas the thoughts about whether Gold Coast should trade Ablett?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Should Gold Coast trade Ablett? 6 years 6 months ago #136868

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
He's contracted so no I wouldn't he signed the contract extension.
He only wants out because the Suns have no hope of playing finals.
Remember it was Ablett that went up there for the big bucks and he re-signed for the big bucks.

The Suns have every right to ask for Duncan and the like and if they don't get what they want whether that's player or draft picks,keep him!

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Should Gold Coast trade Ablett? 6 years 6 months ago #136872

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
considering we aren't privy to Abletts reasons for leaving GC, one would assume the death of his sister and her apparent health issues surely played a big part in Ablett wanting to head home 30+?.....Yeah the guy signed an extension for big bucks, but whose to say things weren't in hand when he signed it at the time.....things seemed to have headed south for her in the last 12 months or so,....but who knows the full events.......considering Ablett has won a Brownlow, been an AA, won 4 F&B, leading goalkicker x 2 wearing GC colours.... pretty well think he has done his bit for the GC footy club......the guy will be 34 next year.....mentally he might even be shot anyway next year in respect to this recent family loss.....

To say swapping Duncan for Ablett is a piss take....that is like Perth saying to SF you can have Clint Jones back but we want a Schloithe or Kelly in return.....Jones will be retired in 12 months tops whilst Schloithe and Kelly have 4 yrs plus of good footy ahead of them minimum......Duncan is an elite player with plenty of good footy ahead of him.....can't say the same for Ablett can we?.....I hope GC keep him and Ablett does his shoulder pre season and sits on the sidelines all season, taking his money and spending most of his time down in Melbourne ....GC are a basket case......sounds like Ablett thinks they are the last sort of folk in a postion to support him through his current family sorrows.

Should Gold Coast trade Ablett? 6 years 6 months ago #136873

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
It's sad what's happened to his sister.
Hogan's toughed it out pretty well for a young bloke and all that's been thrown at him.
I reckon those issues have been around for a long time,it wasn't that long ago Ablett signed a new contract,2 years ago to be exact.

We all know GC are a basket case(they were when he signed a new contract,money talks hey)but I reckon any footy club including Perth is well within its rights to ask for a decent player in return for a reigning F & B winner and it's not like Ablett is washed up as a footballer imo.

I think comparing a swap with Clint Jones is bit out there I've never heard anyone suggesting he's the greatest footballer of all time.
Who's having the piss take?

The issue here for me is Ablett is contracted to GC for the 2018 season and they hold all the cards in any trade.
Geelong will still gets some above average years out of him as a footballer.

We all know that GC will get reamed in any deal with Geelong.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Should Gold Coast trade Ablett? 6 years 6 months ago #136874

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Genetics might suggest G.Ablett Jnr might have a few more good years left in him yet...pretty sure Snr was still kicking a bag of goals at age 35/36 in what was also a far superior quality and tougher Football League in the 90s!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Should Gold Coast trade Ablett? 6 years 6 months ago #136879

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
With less running BH....todays comp is more aerobic mate....Ablett snr was a freak for sure....but in todays forwards set up I reckon 35/36 yr old may struggle.

30+....we all know the WAFL aint the AFL......thought in terms of WAFL "quality"..and age Jones and Schloithe comparison was the closest I could find....seriously we all know in reality Jones is a plodder at best compared to Ablett........but hey a comparison needed to be made to see how your Ablett and Duncan trade is so bizarre.....33yr old for a 26 yr old .......one leaving his prime whilst the other entering or in his prime.....

Last edit: by Freezin.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 466 guests and 2 members online

• one time only
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977