Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132164

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
There was some interesting discussion on PR regarding the Coleman medal this morning - Coleman v Austin Robertson. I Googled them up and Austin certainly came out on top. Time to change the name of the medal from the second best full forward in the game to the best full forward. Of course the Vics who run the VFL, aka The AFL would faint at the thought of anything non Victorian.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132166

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

58shark wrote: There was some interesting discussion on PR regarding the Coleman medal this morning - Coleman v Austin Robertson. I Googled them up and Austin certainly came out on top. Time to change the name of the medal from the second best full forward in the game to the best full forward. Of course the Vics who run the VFL, aka The AFL would faint at the thought of anything non Victorian.

58s why stop there? Chuck out half of the supposed legends of the Hall of Fame and replace them with the WAFL and SANFL legends. Billy Walker would be a good one to start with.

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132227

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
Ahhh yes lets again celebrate the second tier comps instead of the premier comp of the bygone era ( VFL).
Suggest you guys head off to cash and carry, just in case the chips keep falling off ya shoulders.
Explain how the second tier comp (wafl) is going these days, still getting less than 7000, to all 4 games combined??.
Ohhh bugger it lets change the importance of the Melbourne cup and replace it with the Perth cup, while we are at it
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackspratt

Last edit: by UNKA2.

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132228

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

UNKA2 wrote: Ahhh yes lets again celebrate the second tier comps instead of the premier comp of the bygone era ( VFL).
Suggest you guys head off to cash and carry, just in case the chips keep falling off ya shoulders.
Ohhh bugger it lets change the importance of the Melbourne cup and replace it with the Perth cup, while we are at it

Apart from the lack of logic and inconsistencies of your utterances let me point out that at one stage the Perth Cup was worth more than the Melbourne Cup.

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132230

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Gee,History Revisionism is in vogue this week.

1st,Stan Grant and friends,now this.

As much as Ocker was Great,Coley was Better.

End of Debate!B) :evil: :whistle:

On what basis?

Last edit: by swan42.

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132314

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
i'm not old enough to comment on Coleman or Robertson but I'd be surprised if there's ever been better full forwards than Lockett and Dunstall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132318

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

58shark wrote: There was some interesting discussion on PR regarding the Coleman medal this morning - Coleman v Austin Robertson. I Googled them up and Austin certainly came out on top. Time to change the name of the medal from the second best full forward in the game to the best full forward. Of course the Vics who run the VFL, aka The AFL would faint at the thought of anything non Victorian.

The Coleman Medal celebrates one of the VFL greats. 537 goals at top level from 98 games cut tragically by injury..Thats just under 5.5 goals per match.Austin Robertson played at a LOWER level yet couldn'd average 5 gls per match. NO comparison.

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132360

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tiger of old wrote: i'm not old enough to comment on Coleman or Robertson but I'd be surprised if there's ever been better full forwards than Lockett and Dunstall.

Check out AR jnr's record and where Subiaco finished in those years.

Relative to some of the legends of the WAFL there are some relatively speaking crabs in the legend class.

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132361

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Leather Stops wrote:

The Coleman Medal celebrates one of the VFL greats. 537 goals at top level from 98 games cut tragically by injury..Thats just under 5.5 goals per match.Austin Robertson played at a LOWER level yet couldn'd average 5 gls per match. NO comparison.

LS what a joke.

From WAFL Footy facts:

As a sample in 1965, 67 and 68 Subiaco won 8, 3 and 12 games. AR jnr kicked in those seasons 108, 104 and 162 goals in 62 games.

Last edit: by swan42.

Coleman medal 6 years 7 months ago #132367

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

swan42 wrote:

Leather Stops wrote:

LS what a joke.

From WAFL Footy facts:

As a sample in 1965, 67 and 68 Subiaco won 8, 3 and 12 games. AR jnr kicked in those seasons 108, 104 and 162 goals in 62 games.

Thats STILL 2nd grade football

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 708 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977