Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164469

• jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Watched a bit of the game courtesy of a mate's Foxtel subscription in Perth. Don't really give a toss about the pre-season malarky, so no comment on the game itself.

What did strike me however was the size of the crowd. How long since Leederville Oval has seen a mob like that?

Puts into stark focus the difference in popularity between the AFL and WAFL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164470

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

jackspratt wrote: Watched a bit of the game courtesy of a mate's Foxtel subscription in Perth. Don't really give a toss about the pre-season malarky, so no comment on the game itself.

What did strike me however was the size of the crowd. How long since Leederville Oval has seen a mob like that?

Puts into stark focus the difference in popularity between the AFL and WAFL.

Handbaggers...ggee JS thats so 60's of ya JS

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164471

• jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
I think BC can testify that it was still being used late into the 90s - at least where we were working when we were discussing footy tips.

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164472

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

jackspratt wrote: I think BC can testify that it was still being used late into the 90s - at least where we were working when we were discussing footy tips.

Late 90's like ONLY 20 years ago JS... never thought a "leftie"would be so 90's let alone 60's

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164474

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
All insults aside, I must admit that I did enjoy the game. Not because of the end result, but watching all the kids coming through was great. I was going turn it off into the first quarter, but had to get my footy fix. Won’t say much about the cats because o don’t know a lot about them. Tim Kelly looked as though he wanted to swap jumpers. Young Narkle looks as though he has something to offer. I liked Oscar Allen’s game and young Francis Watson could be a good player in the future. One negative, Jack Petracelli, ffs go to a hair stylist. Your hair style looks shit.....
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164475

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote: All insults aside, I must admit that I did enjoy the game. Not because of the end result, but watching all the kids coming through was great. I was going turn it off into the first quarter, but had to get my footy fix. Won’t say much about the cats because o don’t know a lot about them. Tim Kelly looked as though he wanted to swap jumpers. Young Narkle looks as though he has something to offer. I liked Oscar Allen’s game and young Francis Watson could be a good player in the future. One negative, Jack Petracelli, ffs go to a hair stylist. Your hair style looks shit.....

Fair summation 58, eags foot skills ( in particular) killed us. Tim Kelly running on half rat power i thought. He may well want to go to WCE next year BUT a deal has to be agreed upon, else he will go to the draft.

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164476

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If he really wants to go to WestCoast and they really want him, a deal will get done. They’ve got a lot of bargaining power. Just hope they don’t sell the farm to get him.

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164477

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote: If he really wants to go to WestCoast and they really want him, a deal will get done. They’ve got a lot of bargaining power. Just hope they don’t sell the farm to get him.

Agree 100%. probably worth a first rounder and later draft pick IMHO. Like ya said depends on how much they want him 58

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164479

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Oh...but we will only get 500 fans at a WCE Wafl match.......

JLT v The Handbaggers 5 years 1 month ago #164480

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Unholytugboat wrote: Oh...but we will only get 500 fans at a WCE Wafl match.......

Sorry uhtb, but I don’t understand where this comment fits in to this conversation?

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 485 guests and 3 members online

• Blackduck
  • gtrxuone
  • Roo

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020