Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164418

• Before the Bounce
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
CUP Number 4 boys now back at the mighty West Coast Eagle. You wake up and feels so lucky to have won one cup, but 4 since 87. Anchor how good was it :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164455

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
You're lucky anchor has spat the proverbial BTB, or he'd be all over you like a rash.
But yeh, 4 out of 7 appearances isn't a bad record!!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164487

• Before the Bounce
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That is not the first time Mr Know It ALL has spat his dummy, if i recall he had a wobblie on the WAFLONLINE site and spat his dummy. I was hoping to catch up with the bloke, especially after our epic win in 2018.
I was a bit worried when the Pies skipped to that 30 point lead in that 1st term, 1 or 2 more goals and it would of been curtains. Thank God that Rioli followed through and his lg hit that ball. I would say of all of our 4 flags that would be my favourite, so many special moments from both teams but that last passage was special. The Govs mark and that pass to Vardy, Ryan and cool head Sheed slots a ripper. Vardys mark was strong also.
Have watched that game over and over, McGuire's face at the end was a classic.

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164489

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Before the Bounce wrote: CUP Number 4 boys now back at the mighty West Coast Eagle. You wake up and feels so lucky to have won one cup, but 4 since 87. Anchor how good was it :P

If you're comparing with Fremantle BTB I'm calling last year a great win and if you want to compare apples with apples I'm calling it 1 nil.

First two flags common mate you know that was a state side from a very strong WAFL back then and cherry picked a few old champs up to get off to a flyer like Gkendenning, Wiley, Annear, Narkle etc. Then there's the drug tainted 2006 flag. Just look at where 5 or 6 of them ended up. Need I say more?

You've got a great chance to go back to back this year while Fremantle rebuilds the midfield. We'll be ready to rock and roll pretty soon.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164490

• Before the Bounce
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Come on DD, The West Coast entered the VFL comp by the terms set for them. They did it tough, but did not cry. Won 2 flags against the VICS, 2006 was another awesome win by a great team. Do not recall anyone getting caught for anything illegal back than. You sound a little envious of their success.
I would not hold my breathe if i was you, How was that game against the CATS LAST YEAR BY YOUR MOB:woohoo:

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164492

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

DD wrote:

Before the Bounce wrote: CUP Number 4 boys now back at the mighty West Coast Eagle. You wake up and feels so lucky to have won one cup, but 4 since 87. Anchor how good was it :P

If you're comparing with Fremantle BTB I'm calling last year a great win and if you want to compare apples with apples I'm calling it 1 nil.

First two flags common mate you know that was a state side from a very strong WAFL back then and cherry picked a few old champs up to get off to a flyer like Gkendenning, Wiley, Annear, Narkle etc. Then there's the drug tainted 2006 flag. Just look at where 5 or 6 of them ended up. Need I say more?

You've got a great chance to go back to back this year while Fremantle rebuilds the midfield. We'll be ready to rock and roll pretty soon.

At least when Eagles supporters go to the races they smell the roses unlike Freo supporters who go to to stalls & smell the horse dung.

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164493

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
DD, all clubs have had good deals upon entering the comp. Crows won flags reasonably soon, ditto Port, GWS have been in contention, Gold Coast have had wretched luck with injury mostly. I thought Fremantle actually got quite a good deal if you look at the players they could have had but either traded or didn’t pick. Lloyd, McLeod, And Phil Matera are three that come to mind. And Ben Allan breaking down quickly didn’t help. But old pig headed, stubborn Gerard didn’t have enough patience and went in with half of Claremont’s league side underestimating the jump in standard from wafl to afl.

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164495

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

Tiger of old wrote: DD, all clubs have had good deals upon entering the comp. Crows won flags reasonably soon, ditto Port, GWS have been in contention, Gold Coast have had wretched luck with injury mostly. I thought Fremantle actually got quite a good deal if you look at the players they could have had but either traded or didn’t pick. Lloyd, McLeod, And Phil Matera are three that come to mind. And Ben Allan breaking down quickly didn’t help. But old pig headed, stubborn Gerard didn’t have enough patience and went in with half of Claremont’s league side underestimating the jump in standard from wafl to afl.

Bit like Toddy with 1/2 Swan Districts in 1986

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164508

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Before the Bounce wrote: Come on DD, The West Coast entered the VFL comp by the terms set for them. They did it tough, but did not cry. Won 2 flags against the VICS, 2006 was another awesome win by a great team. Do not recall anyone getting caught for anything illegal back than. You sound a little envious of their success.
I would not hold my breathe if i was you, How was that game against the CATS LAST YEAR BY YOUR MOB:woohoo:

Bit like your mob in the 2015 GF against Hawthorn. Didn't show up. At least my team asked some questions of the Hawks in 2013 when they still had Buddy. Things can change quickly in footy.
Get on your bike.

How Good Was That 5 years 1 month ago #164509

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tiger of old wrote: DD, all clubs have had good deals upon entering the comp. Crows won flags reasonably soon, ditto Port, GWS have been in contention, Gold Coast have had wretched luck with injury mostly. I thought Fremantle actually got quite a good deal if you look at the players they could have had but either traded or didn’t pick. Lloyd, McLeod, And Phil Matera are three that come to mind. And Ben Allan breaking down quickly didn’t help. But old pig headed, stubborn Gerard didn’t have enough patience and went in with half of Claremont’s league side underestimating the jump in standard from wafl to afl.

Yep made some very bad decisions early on. We had some bad luck along the journey. Justin Longmuir's knee, Clem Michael's knee and do we win the 2013 premiership with a fit Anthony Morabito? Peter Bell is a step in the right direction. With an ounce of luck we might not be too far away. Not sure if Ross is the man to do it, we will just have to wait and see.
Get on your bike.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 540 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977