Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162564

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Here you go anchor, what do ya reckon? A couple of boys at work were showing our Pommy mate the epic final 5 min clip and it got me thinking.
WA has been lauding Sheed as the grand final hero since that day. i think the heroes were 1. McGov for having the nerve and confidence to leave De Goey, taking the mark then putting the ball in Vardy's bread basket. 2. Vardy playing on immediately and getting the ball to Ryan with a good kick. 3. Ryan for taking a contested mark, playing on and kicking to Sheed. 4. and obviously Sheed.
Well, my thoughts anyway.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162566

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Good OP, 58.

Obviously the guys in that final supply chain were magnificent, but for mine the hero was the guy who was the most unlikely to have made the team for the GF.

Will Schofield negated his opposition (including De Goey) all day, as well as showing bravado at the right time, and winning important contests.

When he first started back in 2007 I thought he would be lucky to achieve 20 games - he could now feasibly go on to 200.

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162567

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
No doubt that last play and the 4 that touched the ball from back pocket to forward pocket were magnificent.
I reckon the 22 that didn’t throw in the towel when Collingwood got 30 up in the first were pretty special.

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162568

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
The kick by McGovern to Vardy through the corridor was the key to me. It was high risk and high reward as if he misses his target by only a meter then I doubt the result would have been the same.

Last edit: by BC.

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162569

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

58shark wrote: Here you go anchor, what do ya reckon? A couple of boys at work were showing our Pommy mate the epic final 5 min clip and it got me thinking.
WA has been lauding Sheed as the grand final hero since that day. i think the heroes were 1. McGov for having the nerve and confidence to leave De Goey, taking the mark then putting the ball in Vardy's bread basket. 2. Vardy playing on immediately and getting the ball to Ryan with a good kick. 3. Ryan for taking a contested mark, playing on and kicking to Sheed. 4. and obviously Sheed.

NOT FOR ME as my neighbor charged over at 1/4 time to say his PIES had it.. Yours next..

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162573

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

Leather Stops wrote:

58shark wrote: Here you go anchor, what do ya reckon? A couple of boys at work were showing our Pommy mate the epic final 5 min clip and it got me thinking.

NOT FOR ME as my neighbor charged over at 1/4 time to say his PIES had it.. Yours next..

Haha.. Sounds like a classic case of premature celebration to me!

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162574

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
I agree with BC, it was the Guv who started the attack through the corridor and that took guts and confidence from a defender.
There was also a smother by Lewis Jetta in Collingwoods goalsquare in the last few minutes that probably stopped the winning goal - that hasn’t been given a mention barely anywhere.

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162576

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good points, some that I forgot. Like you JS, I was really rapt that Schofield had a good one. He probably thought his days were over without a flag. Notice in that last few minutes when the ball was going down the flank, he was free and running down the centre. Also glad to see Vardy have a good one. He has been one of my favourites since signing on. Pretty good for a bloke contemplating giving it away because of injury.

WCE local hero 5 years 2 months ago #162577

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: The kick by McGovern to Vardy through the corridor was the key to me. It was high risk and high reward as if he misses his target by only a meter then I doubt the result would have been the same.

Haaa, you got one of my pet peeves BC. They run meters in America, but The rest of the world run metres. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edit: by 58shark.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 723 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma