Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153311

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
As oolll is a bit concerned that people are digressing from the hang the prick thread, I thought I’d start this one. First let me say that Gaff’s action was reprehensible and certainly deserves 3 to 4 weeks (judging on past suspensions). Probably, if it was a Carlton or Subi player, only worth 1 maybe 2 by the Ozfooty jury? Silly lad that has hurt himself, his club and his reputation and public respect. He has put a huge hole in the club’s tilt at a flag. As for his “crying”, I remember in my playing days, spun out of a pack, saw a bloke coming at me and I lifted my arm in front of my face. Copped him in the head and dropped him cold. I felt shit for days after, so I think that maybe Gaff’s emotion may well have some substance.
That said, the footy Gods are certainly against the Eagles. Past injuries, the Gaff incident and another back man goes down, just when they have a couple (maybe 3) hard games ahead. Still, carry on regardless!
As for Freo, I really did think that with their coach copping shit, their club copping shit and the players copping shit that they would come out and have a dead set crack. Surely Ross will be feeling a little uncomfortable.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153315

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Yep, the gaff incident aside, Dockers are in a lot more trouble than I thought. The most glaring problem is a complete utter lack of leadership on field. Sunny embarrassed himself out there today when he had a chance to stand up and lead in fyfes absence.

Usual suspects didn't get near it which didn't help.

It's bad, really bad , no leadership, taberner who is supposed to be the great white hope up forward can't mark, Mcarthy is done, Ballantyne will be remembered as a flog.. eagles took them to town.

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153323

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Yep back to game , no real surprise I predicted a one sided flogging and that's what it was, take out the blues and it was a bloody lack lustre affair...

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153324

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote: As oolll is a bit concerned that people are digressing from the hang the prick thread, I thought I’d start this one. First let me say that Gaff’s action was reprehensible and certainly deserves 3 to 4 weeks (judging on past suspensions). Probably, if it was a Carlton or Subi player, only worth 1 maybe 2 by the Ozfooty jury? Silly lad that has hurt himself, his club and his reputation and public respect. He has put a huge hole in the club’s tilt at a flag. As for his “crying”, I remember in my playing days, spun out of a pack, saw a bloke coming at me and I lifted my arm in front of my face. Copped him in the head and dropped him cold. I felt shit for days after, so I think that maybe Gaff’s emotion may well have some substance.
That said, the footy Gods are certainly against the Eagles. Past injuries, the Gaff incident and another back man goes down, just when they have a couple (maybe 3) hard games ahead. Still, carry on regardless!
As for Freo, I really did think that with their coach copping shit, their club copping shit and the players copping shit that they would come out and have a dead set crack. Surely Ross will be feeling a little uncomfortable.

One thing I can guarantee you is Lyon will cop absolutely no pressure at all this week.

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153325

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
How lucky where West Coast to have a ready made replacement for NickNat. Vardy not NN but a pretty handy footballer.In the rairest of all Afl players ,good ruckmen.
Gaff a skill player who had a moment of madness.Brayshaw was tagging him and doing a good job.I'm sure Gaff feels bad enough about his actions and worse after the tribunal appearance. What's played on the field stays there..
Ross done a good job of calming his boys at 3/4 time.But Freo looked terribly undermanned ATM.The same players work there backside off every week Mundy,Neale, Hill boys and a few others.They need some decent recruits to add to the squad.Don't have to be free agents but players like Hamling+ Brad Hill.

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153327

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote:

58shark wrote: As oolll is a bit concerned that people are digressing from the hang the prick thread, I thought I’d start this one. First let me say that Gaff’s action was reprehensible and certainly deserves 3 to 4 weeks (judging on past suspensions). Probably, if it was a Carlton or Subi player, only worth 1 maybe 2 by the Ozfooty jury? Silly lad that has hurt himself, his club and his reputation and public respect. He has put a huge hole in the club’s tilt at a flag. As for his “crying”, I remember in my playing days, spun out of a pack, saw a bloke coming at me and I lifted my arm in front of my face. Copped him in the head and dropped him cold. I felt shit for days after, so I think that maybe Gaff’s emotion may well have some substance.

One thing I can guarantee you is Lyon will cop absolutely no pressure at all this week.

And there in lies the entire problem with Freo, no accountability on or off the field. As much as I hate Freo, watching them today just reinforced how bad they are. Coach isn't held accountable, players are not held accountable , playing mj and Ballantyne was just plain embarrassing. Accepting mediocrity seems to be ok.

No upside other than Darcy, he will be the best in the business one day, let's just hope he can get to a better club when it counts.

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153331

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Unholytugboat wrote:

Bazza wrote:

And there in lies the entire problem with Freo, no accountability on or off the field. As much as I hate Freo, watching them today just reinforced how bad they are. Coach isn't held accountable, players are not held accountable , playing mj and Ballantyne was just plain embarrassing. Accepting mediocrity seems to be ok.

No upside other than Darcy, he will be the best in the business one day, let's just hope he can get to a better club when it counts.

Why do you care?

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153332

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Can u read?

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153333

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Unholytugboat wrote:

Bazza wrote:

The national attention will be on the gaff incident and the eagles, dockers are off the radar totally for the year, so it buys Lyon more time, having Brayshaw in a nasty way get media sympathy as well, and in this case understandable

Eagles v Freo 5 years 7 months ago #153345

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

gtrxuone wrote: How lucky where West Coast to have a ready made replacement for NickNat. Vardy not NN but a pretty handy footballer.In the rairest of all Afl players ,good ruckmen.
Gaff a skill player who had a moment of madness.Brayshaw was tagging him and doing a good job.I'm sure Gaff feels bad enough about his actions and worse after the tribunal appearance. What's played on the field stays there..
Ross done a good job of calming his boys at 3/4 time.But Freo looked terribly undermanned ATM.The same players work there backside off every week Mundy,Neale, Hill boys and a few others.They need some decent recruits to add to the squad.Don't have to be free agents but players like Hamling+ Brad Hill.

Matera+ Wilson

Last edit: by gtrxuone.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 299 guests and 3 members online

• Whitey
  • Blackduck
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma