Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WCE v GWS 5 years 8 months ago #150768

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Great to see another debutant in Oscar Allen this week. Haven’t seen much of him at WP, but I hear that he’s a bit of a hard nut backman. We can’t expect too much in his first game, but good luck young man.
With all the Eagles debs this year, I think it’s obvious that they are thinking a shot at the flag in the next few years rather than this year.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WCE v GWS 5 years 8 months ago #150774

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

58shark wrote: Great to see another debutant in Oscar Allen this week. Haven’t seen much of him at WP, but I hear that he’s a bit of a hard nut backman. We can’t expect too much in his first game, but good luck young man.
With all the Eagles debs this year, I think it’s obvious that they are thinking a shot at the flag in the next few years rather than this year.

Agree 58, Alas melb cats essendon pies dockers etc all had heaps of debs, and im sure thinking the same thing

WCE v GWS 5 years 8 months ago #150887

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
A good hard game, although not spectacular. Would have been good if Patton, Kennedy, Darling and Le Cras were available. The best you have to offer v the best they have to offer. That’s what the game is about.
Couple fantastic highlights from NN and Oscar Allen played a Brad Shepard like game.
Can someone, anyone tell me why a bloke can kick the ball 60 metres down the line and get pinged for a deliberate out, but someone spoiling or a ruckman knocking the ball out deliberately is play on? We see this week after week.

WCE v GWS 5 years 8 months ago #150889

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

58shark wrote: A good hard game, although not spectacular. Would have been good if Patton, Kennedy, Darling and Le Cras were available. The best you have to offer v the best they have to offer. That’s what the game is about.
Couple fantastic highlights from NN and Oscar Allen played a Brad Shepard like game.
Can someone, anyone tell me why a bloke can kick the ball 60 metres down the line and get pinged for a deliberate out, but someone spoiling or a ruckman knocking the ball out deliberately is play on? We see this week after week.

With respect to if they change the rules that spoiling a ball is deliberate out of bounds then we all should give up. As to the ridiculous deliberate out of bounds,I have seen a ball kicked about 50 metres and bounce probably 15-20 metres inside the boundary line. When it has bounced it has turned right angles and gone out of bounds and the player was pinged for deliberate out of bounds. It is idiotic and the people to blame are the ones who decide on the interpretation and the umpires who do not have a scintilla of commonsense.

WCE v GWS 5 years 8 months ago #150900

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

58shark wrote: A good hard game, although not spectacular. Would have been good if Patton, Kennedy, Darling and Le Cras were available. The best you have to offer v the best they have to offer. That’s what the game is about.

With respect to if they change the rules that spoiling a ball is deliberate out of bounds then we all should give up. As to the ridiculous deliberate out of bounds,I have seen a ball kicked about 50 metres and bounce probably 15-20 metres inside the boundary line. When it has bounced it has turned right angles and gone out of bounds and the player was pinged for deliberate out of bounds. It is idiotic and the people to blame are the ones who decide on the interpretation and the umpires who do not have a scintilla of commonsense.

My point exactly swan. Our game rules are being slaughtered by academics who have no idea.

WCE v GWS 5 years 8 months ago #150907

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

58shark wrote:

swan42 wrote:

My point exactly swan. Our game rules are being slaughtered by academics who have no idea.[/quote
]

..and the latest!! one of the FEW rules which is black and white if the 30 secodns ya get to kick for gola at a stop play..nw the knob heads at the afl want to make this black and white rule, into another ïnterpretationrule", that if the ump thinks you are wasting time in yer 30 secs he can call play on. FFS its either 30 seconds or not...why blurr another rule

WCE v GWS 5 years 8 months ago #150910

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

UNKA2 wrote:

58shark wrote:

swan42 wrote:

My point exactly swan. Our game rules are being slaughtered by academics who have no idea.[/quote
]

..and the latest!! one of the FEW rules which is black and white if the 30 secodns ya get to kick for gola at a stop play..nw the knob heads at the afl want to make this black and white rule, into another ïnterpretationrule", that if the ump thinks you are wasting time in yer 30 secs he can call play on. FFS its either 30 seconds or not...why blurr another rule

When you have umpires who cannot work out 50 metres when they have centre square or a 50m arc as a guide I have grave doubts they would have a clue about anything.

WCE v GWS 5 years 8 months ago #150930

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Important win for them, I think that could be the difference between a spot int he 4 if not the 8, with things so tight and with so many players out, I doubt they will beat Collingwood next week so that 4 points at a low point of the season could be the difference.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 335 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL