Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What a joke 5 years 10 months ago #147549

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Bruise free footy is where we are heading jack. Rule is now, that you’re not allowed to tackle anyone smaller than yourself. Pity that rule wasn’t around when big Kelvin tacled me in the 70’s.... :lol: :lol:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What a joke 5 years 10 months ago #147553

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

58shark wrote: Bruise free footy is where we are heading jack. Rule is now, that you’re not allowed to tackle anyone smaller than yourself. Pity that rule wasn’t around when big Kelvin tacled me in the 70’s.... :lol: :lol:

As I am sure 58S can attest I am by no means an Eagles's supporter but the whole thing is an absolute joke worthy of the WAFC. From what I heard it was a couple of hours and they deliberated for 15 minutes!!!!! I can't wait for the verbal gymnastics if someone like G Ablett jr happened to tackle a player and that player is accidentally knocked out.

And for those who think I am defending NicNat because he comes from Swans. Rest assured if you could guarantee that the Eagles would lose the match because of his suspension I would still be arguing the case that no suspension was warranted.

One can only advise him that the next time he bumps the player and if that player is knocked out then he won't be suspended.

What a joke 5 years 10 months ago #147567

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
Correct decision the welfare of the player is paramount. Going by Nic Nats response outside the tribunal hearing he hasn't got the message which surprises me. He won't want to apply a tackle like that in September or he will be sitting in the stands.
Get on your bike.

What a joke 5 years 10 months ago #147579

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
the welfare of the player is not important if your name is Shaun Higgins who was knocked out a few weeks ago by a player who had the opportunity to tackle but bumped him and knocked him out.
the PC police on here are as inconsistent as the Match review and the tribunal.

is the welfare of a player important when a bloke takes a hang and knees him in the head or is that just part of the game ?

What a joke 5 years 10 months ago #147686

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

MarkOlsen wrote: the welfare of the player is not important if your name is Shaun Higgins who was knocked out a few weeks ago by a player who had the opportunity to tackle but bumped him and knocked him out.
the PC police on here are as inconsistent as the Match review and the tribunal... ?

Haven't seen in the rules about tackling someone smaller. Only at school where you must pick on someone your own size.
The verdict in the Higgins case defies logic now.

What a joke 5 years 10 months ago #147697

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Rough conduct
Dangerous tackle

Players when tackling should not lift, sling, rotate or drive their opponent into the ground with excessive force resulting in the head region being left in a vulnerable position.
AFL , Laws of Australian rules football.
Maybe this would clarify what it all means.He broke three parts of the laws in his tackle.He lifted and he drove him into the ground causing his head to strike the ground.
It is all there.Call it a soft cock decision, but the law is there to be seen.
He has been lucky he hasn't been done twice before for similar tackles.

A/man what does it say about bumps and as a consequence of a bump the player bumps is concussed and can you relate it to any incidents this season and was it consistent with say a bump from Fyfe?

What a joke 5 years 10 months ago #147699

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: the welfare of the player is not important if your name is Shaun Higgins who was knocked out a few weeks ago by a player who had the opportunity to tackle but bumped him and knocked him out.
the PC police on here are as inconsistent as the Match review and the tribunal.

is the welfare of a player important when a bloke takes a hang and knees him in the head or is that just part of the game ?

Peter bell may make a comeback because virtually no player will be allowed to tackle him as they would be bigger than him.

Perhaps we will need to number the players based from the smallest to the biggest. The rule will be that you will only be allowed to tackle a player with a bigger number than you. Of course this would also be extended to marking contests where if you are taller than the opposition player you will not be allowed to contest a marking contest with that player.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 328 guests and one member online

• Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes