Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WCE media domination 5 years 11 months ago #147065

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

58shark wrote:

swan42 wrote:

58shark wrote:

mikeh wrote: Shark 58, Channel 7 and the West Australian are two of the major sponsors of the WCE (or seven west media if you prefer). Wouldn't be a big deal if there was an alternative newspaper in Perth but the West is the only one. You have a look at the footy coverage in the West Australian on any given monday morning and on virtually every occasion the Eagles are front and centre in the coverage. Understandable given the sponsorship but in a two team town it is a little unbalanced IMO.

Disagree somewhat mike. From what i have seen, West Coast get a good coverage one week, Then Freo the next. However, the point of my post was to show how the dorks set the rules with the media. They thought that getting Victorian coverage was more important than attending their own WA supporters. When someone of Glenn Mitchell’s standing still sounds peeved at the way our press was treated, then you really do have to listen.

Gary Stocks ring a bell? One has to be completely jaundiced to think that the Western Australian media is anything but WCE-centric.

WCE have a dominant ruckman in NicNat and Fremantle have a dominant ruckman in Sandilands. Would anyone like to guess the ratio of NicNat to Sandilands photos there have been in The West and the Sunday Times in 2018?

Do you think that part of the reason is because Nic has no problem engaging the press, but Sandilands prefers a very private life? Time to get out of your Swans anf Freo bubble and looking at the whole picture swan.

Nik Nats actually got a personailty and is marketing gold, and they make the most of it, Sandilands on the other hand....zzzz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WCE media domination 5 years 11 months ago #147067

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Btw has anyone noticed the West Australian site is now gone, if you go to it, its now Ch 7.

WCE media domination 5 years 11 months ago #147072

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

58shark wrote:

anchorman wrote: I have been told that a very very prominent WA based football commentator , now retired, had his nose put out of place by the fact that back in 1994 on the Dockers induction into the VFL/AFL.the Dockers didn't want him to be host of the night.Still haunts him me thinks.
The press here in WA is very very very WCE slanted.One would have to be blind Freddy or a blind one eye Waste Coat supporter not to see that.

So Glenn Mitchell didn’t know what he was talking about and you know better? I don’t think you would care what the facts are. You have become a bitter old man. I reckon you and swan could team up and do the pub rounds. You could call yourselves “Bitter and Twisted”. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not surprising that BH liked that post given his long history of supporting the Eagles.

WCE media domination 5 years 11 months ago #147088

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Bazza' same could be said about the WA clubs respective AFL skippers....Fyfe is very much what today's younger superficial social media savvy generation is all about....trendy man bun, media engaging "look at me" personna....whilst Hurn is as you say very much the lifestyle/looks zzzzzzz....both are good footballers and role models on and off the park.to their respective clubs...very much like Nic Nac and 211.....the latter appeal to yesteryear punter and the formers appeal to the todays punters....all good for the game and their respective clubs.....though I can imagine Sandilands and Hurn telling the media to fark off filming them during their ACL rehab........every entertainment entity work place has their poster people and there background people I guess......one is know better or more important than the other....I think a lot of folk get the zzzzz seeing / hearing about Nic Nat and Fyfe day in day out too.....

Last edit: by Freezin.

WCE media domination 5 years 11 months ago #147108

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Bazza wrote: Btw has anyone noticed the West Australian site is now gone, if you go to it, its now Ch 7.

is this what you're referring to?...

thewest.com.au/

WCE media domination 5 years 11 months ago #147109

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Freezin wrote: Bazza' same could be said about the WA clubs respective AFL skippers....Fyfe is very much what today's younger superficial social media savvy generation is all about....trendy man bun, media engaging "look at me" personna....whilst Hurn is as you say very much the lifestyle/looks zzzzzzz....both are good footballers and role models on and off the park.to their respective clubs...very much like Nic Nac and 211.....the latter appeal to yesteryear punter and the formers appeal to the todays punters....all good for the game and their respective clubs.....though I can imagine Sandilands and Hurn telling the media to fark off filming them during their ACL rehab........every entertainment entity work place has their poster people and there background people I guess......one is know better or more important than the other....I think a lot of folk get the zzzzz seeing / hearing about Nic Nat and Fyfe day in day out too.....

I live near Sandi and I often see him walking around the cycle path on Burke Drive with his wife and little girls. His wife always smiles and says hi whereas he keeps his head down and doesn't acknowledge anyone. It's almost as though he tries to go about then place unnoticed but at 7 foot that's not an easy thing to do. B)

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 434 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020