Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125000

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

gtrxuone wrote: The Eagles had a good number of solid contributions in today's Perth Derby.It's time to bring up the inform East Perth players.And drop the half a dozen at WC that can't get a kick.

What's a Perth derby? Only derby in WA is the Freo derby.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125002

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
58 Shark.East Perth V West Perth are huge rivals.The waters have only been mudded by EP alignment.Not as famous as the Freo derby but we'll worth there status.Thoes 2 clubs hate each other.Even with the live TV broadcast still got 4200 there.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125026

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

58shark wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: The Eagles had a good number of solid contributions in today's Perth Derby.It's time to bring up the inform East Perth players.And drop the half a dozen at WC that can't get a kick.

Bullshit the Perth Derby has been around just as long and is a far greater rivalry in this era although the Alignment has eroded it in the last few years from the EP side of things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125034

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
BH and Grassy it was great to watch a Wafl game on tele with a good spread of supporters on thoes limestone seats.The game was a bit of a fizzer today but still made a great telecast.

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125065

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

anchorman wrote: Sharky, you have thrown Darling under the bus, but how about giving us your assessment on the entire squad.
Where do you start to make changes?
Who goes first?
How many do they delist come seasons end?
Where do you see the entire squad being right now.
Comments from any other Eagle supporters would be welcome.
And by the way, I am not TTP, I am serious asking the questions.

Jack Darling can be frustrating no doubt but i reckon if the Eagles had a genuine tall centre half forward,a genuine small pacy crumber then Darling would become a more consistant footballer,it would free him up to play the game he is more suited to,he is not a KPP and thats virtually the role he has tp play each week.

Now to put some perspective on Darlings worth to the Eagles and the upside there is to his game,as an exmple lets look at 2 players at Freo.

Jack Darling turns 25 next week,Matthew Taberner is 24 next week and Shane Kersten has just turned 24,they are all similar age,kersten and Darling same height and all play predominatly as forwards.
I'd say theres upside for all of them,do they all kick the bag of goals you hope they would nup are they frustrating missing marks etc yep but what they all have is age,it is on there side.
Can Darling give them more yep no doubt is he frustrating to watch at times you had better believe it but im hopefull that the Eagles can get it right in drafting hopefully a couple of already established players to the club that would benefit Darlings game.

Right now thats out of the way as far as the list goes of course there has to be delistings and players retired off.
Firstly Mark Le cres has been a great servant to the club and deserves to be treated right but fathertime has caught up with his as with Sam Butler a great war horse that suffered many injuries but gave it his all.
So theres 2 gone.
You hate Hill so i wont go on to much about him and yes hes a lazy so and so,yep hes gone especially if they can get Rioli right for the 2018 season.
The midfield definatly needs an injection of pace so if they can bring in a couple of established players from other clubs then Chris Mastens spot would be in danger.
Fraser Mcinnes has been around long enough and hes not a ruckman nor a KPP at this level so with a fit Nic Nat a fit Lycett and with Giles and Vardy as backups hes not needed.

The following i would delist Tunbridge,Lamb,Snadden,the Irishman Brophy and one of Shofield or McKenzie.

So i have listed 10 outs.

The squad right now is probably no better than an 8th to 12th placed team

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125088

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Sharky, you have thrown Darling under the bus, but how about giving us your assessment on the entire squad.
Where do you start to make changes?
Who goes first?
How many do they delist come seasons end?
Where do you see the entire squad being right now.
Comments from any other Eagle supporters would be welcome.
And by the way, I am not TTP, I am serious asking the questions.

Obviously I am not an Eagles' supporter. Secondly, I am totally opposed to the host club alignment. Notwithstanding the above I think the host club alignment has been a singular failure for bot WA domiciled AFL clubs. What I think it does is breed an attitude that winning game is not important. I think it instils a selfish attitude with a "player first" mentality rather than sacrificing one's own game for the success of the team. I also think it breeds a homogeneity where there is no plan B if plan A is not working and eliminates the ability of the players to improvise when necessary. Finally, rather than improves player development I think it limits and reduces the player's development.

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125154

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Beasley Hutton wrote:

58shark wrote:

Bullshit the Perth Derby has been around just as long and is a far greater rivalry in this era although the Alignment has eroded it in the last few years from the EP side of things.

Bullshite? Check your dates, just a pseudo derby. No history of a Perth derby, or perhaps you can remember back to the 40's, 50's, 60's 70's, 80's??????
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125155

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

58shark wrote:

Bullshite? Check your dates, just a pseudo derby. No history of a Perth derby, or perhaps you can remember back to the 40's, 50's, 60's 70's, 80's??????

Oh really?
trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/48199...%3DWestern+Australia

Yep it is bullshite as there has been a Perth derby for ever and a day! ;-)

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125165

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Swan, I asked Sharky and any other Eagles supporters for some genuine comment on the Eagles.Why come in here with your sour bullshit.
We all know you disagree with the two AFL sies, But like it or not, some who support the WAFL DO like the AFL and have sides that they follow, regardless of whether they are WA sides or some from elsewhere.
Your rabid inane comments are a shame because there can be good conversation held here regarding the AFL.

A/man my comments were not based on my opposition to the host club alignment despite what you believe. They were based on the evidence that the Eagles have not produced good performances on many of their interstate visits. Perhaps you might like to speak to the points I mad and explain why you don't think they may have an impact of the the AFL teams? I will resist the temptation to reciprocate and insult you. I prefaced my opinion with my position on the host club alignment. Notwithstanding my opposition I believe that the players would benefit from the exposure of different game plans and would provide an increased ability to react when their team is under pressure. You can doubt the sincerity or motivation for your comments as much as you like. However, that doesn't mean that you are correct in your analysis of my motives.

For sale 6 years 10 months ago #125181

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: What ever Swan.Hard to talk to some one who doesn't look outside the square.
Bias, being lost in the past, call it what you like,The incessant attacks on the two AFL clubs gets very very boring.

As boring as those who incessantly laud them!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 416 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020