Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 7 years 1 week ago #120350

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
  • Had a good pre season
  • Played a reasonable first game v North Melbourne
  • Withdrawn from 2nd game v St Kilda due to 'glute injury"
  • Injury deemed to be not as serious as first thought.
  • Plays WAFL for East Perth against Swans
  • Claims that he wasn't dropped
  • Picked for Eagles against Richmond
  • Dropped for the game against Sydney
I haven't seen enough of the Eagles playing to form an opinion about this but it does seem to be a bit odd. The once I saw Lewis play was the WAFL game where he was OK without setting the world on fire

Has anyone else got a view on it, particularly those who have watched him play for the Eagles this year? I would have thought he would have been disappointed to be deprived of the opportunity to play against his old team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 7 years 1 week ago #120351

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
His last season at Sydney wasn't great and to be honest he's been a great disappointment at the Eagles.
His form is just not good enough imo has been given every chance to show form and hasn't delivered

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 7 years 1 week ago #120390

• Mcbob
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 83
What a mug. EP can keep him.

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 6 years 11 months ago #121103

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Picked up a dud there , was on the slide and came home for a bludge.

Basically unless something dramatic happens, his Afl career is all but over, might as well delist him.

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 6 years 11 months ago #121277

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

anchorman wrote: I think they have bought a spud in Jetta.He looks like he doesn't care.Where is all the out cry from others about WCE buying a dud.
An interesting read from Brad Hardie on WA Today.Have a read.I have said for a long time that certain payers at the Eagles are not big time performers,Hardie has justified what I have been saying.

Must have learnt to buy a spud from another club. Morabito, Gumbleton, Bennell..

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 6 years 11 months ago #121281

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Leather Stops wrote:

anchorman wrote: I think they have bought a spud in Jetta.He looks like he doesn't care.Where is all the out cry from others about WCE buying a dud.
An interesting read from Brad Hardie on WA Today.Have a read.I have said for a long time that certain payers at the Eagles are not big time performers,Hardie has justified what I have been saying.

Must have learnt to buy a spud from another club. Morabito, Gumbleton, Bennell..

Lol spuds are blokes that don't perform, not blokes who just cant get on the field. Jetta falls into that category as does Redden and Daisy Thomas and sadly I think Chris Mayne is going to disappoint Collingwood fans given what they have paid to get him there and a 4 year deal. Brad Hill was the steal of the trade period, effectively a straight swap for Chris Mayne.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 6 years 11 months ago #121291

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Jetta's general loss of form seems to coincide with added responsibilities of fatherhood. Wouldn't be the first player to struggle with the transition. Needs to find the hunger again or his career will be prematurely cut short

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 6 years 11 months ago #121306

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Not so sure he "doesn't care". I think it's confidence. I just wish Simmo would tell him he's in for 4 games and tell him to take it on. Tell him it doesn't matter if he gets caught using his pace because he ain't going to be caught when he turns on the afterburners. Give him the 4 games and if it doesn't work out, nothing lost. At this stage the Eagles won't be at the big dance at the end of the year anyway - unless they find something.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 6 years 11 months ago #121312

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

58shark wrote: Not so sure he "doesn't care". I think it's confidence. I just wish Simmo would tell him he's in for 4 games and tell him to take it on. Tell him it doesn't matter if he gets caught using his pace because he ain't going to be caught when he turns on the afterburners. Give him the 4 games and if it doesn't work out, nothing lost. At this stage the Eagles won't be at the big dance at the end of the year anyway - unless they find something.

Albeit he is further advanced in his career than Walters one can only imagine how much better it would be for him if he was able to come back to Swans and get his enjoyment and confidence back rather than be subjected to the godless, soulless team purporting to represent what was the East Perth Football Club.

What is going on with Lewis Jetta? 6 years 11 months ago #121313

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

swan42 wrote:

58shark wrote: Not so sure he "doesn't care". I think it's confidence. I just wish Simmo would tell him he's in for 4 games and tell him to take it on. Tell him it doesn't matter if he gets caught using his pace because he ain't going to be caught when he turns on the afterburners. Give him the 4 games and if it doesn't work out, nothing lost. At this stage the Eagles won't be at the big dance at the end of the year anyway - unless they find something.

Albeit he is further advanced in his career than Walters one can only imagine how much better it would be for him if he was able to come back to Swans and get his enjoyment and confidence back rather than be subjected to the godless, soulless team purporting to represent what was the East Perth Football Club.

I had to laugh 42 at some bozo EP supporter on talkback radio the other day complaining that Jetta doesn't try hard enough for EP :lol: ffs probably because he is not an EP person and is forced to play there it is certainly not for love of the club you imbicile!!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 258 guests and one member online

• Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL