Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pearce out for the season 4 years 9 months ago #169267

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
How unlucky is this guy? Was on track to win All Australian honours and possibly play finals this year. How the he'll do you break your ankle running in the act of kicking the footy unaffected by any opponent? I'm pretty sure he didn't even roll his ankle. Unbelievable bad luck but that opens up opportunities for others. Brendan Cox won AA honours for SA at u/18 level but that was under 18's. Maybe he goes back and Cam McCarthy comes in. Ryan Nyuis could also fill in down back.

That's two key position players out for the season after losing Taberner a couple of weeks ago but we do have depth. Also Hugh Dixon is a key forward and we just picked up Dillon O'Reilly in the mid season draft who can play forward or back.
Get on your bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Pearce out for the season 4 years 9 months ago #169274

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
DD...that's terrible luck for Pearce but I'm sorry to rain on your parade from what I saw yesterday down at Centrelink Park against Subi tells me there's no tall man depth at Freo. McCarthy got towelled up by Harry Marsh, Logue very quiet and Nyhuis likewise. Brennan Cox is ordinary and probably wouldn't be getting a game if Taberner was up and about. The best you can hope for I think is for Darcy to ruck, Lobb play forward and either Logue or Cox to go down back as there's not much else in the locker.

Pearce out for the season 4 years 9 months ago #169281

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Huge blow for club and player, was the AA CHB if picked this week.
I don’t think Freo should move Lobb from the ruck under any circumstances, he’s presented a very strong case lately that it is his best position. Darcy needs to lose significant kilos and string some games together, I think he’s a very overrated prospect at the moment.

Last edit: by Tiger of old.

Pearce out for the season 4 years 9 months ago #169282

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Tough break for Alex, was in great form.

Will be interesting to see how they structure up now that he's gone for the year.

Pearce out for the season 4 years 9 months ago #169288

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Terrible for Alex, will be a huge hole to fill for the Dockers. Also young Giro did his ACL playing for Peel yesterday.

Pearce out for the season 4 years 9 months ago #169317

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
I forgot about Griffen Logue BC, understandably. He made a big statement in the off season he wants to be a dominant intercept player like Jeremy McGovern. Big statement to make so let's see if he can step up to the plate and deliver.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 411 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes