Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167350

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Another impressive win on the weekend but we are going to confront a rejuvenated Adelaide Crows this weekend. Since they dropped Josh Jenkins they seem to have found their mojo so this is going to be a big test of where we are at.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167807

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Freo were pretty good against the Crows and could have been right in it at the end except for a couple of silly errors which gifted Adelaide at least 2 goals. For mine, Freo are looking better than WCE at the minute.

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167809

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
The football gods where not to kind to Freo yesterday. Some dodgy decisions in a low scoring game.No fwds won against Adelaides strong defence.Alex Pearce gave Tex a bath yesterday.

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167821

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Not a bad effort, a bit of a flash back to Lyons old low scoring game, nearly pulled it off.

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167850

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

gtrxuone wrote: The football gods where not to kind to Freo yesterday. Some dodgy decisions in a low scoring game.No fwds won against Adelaides strong defence.Alex Pearce gave Tex a bath yesterday.

Great game by Alex, Tex is one of the most over-rated key forwards in the comp IMHO. Both teams struggled to get good service to their forwards it was a super even and competeive game with the backs from both teams dominating. the Eddie Betts non free was a turning point, then a couple of Freo brain fades sealed their fate, but they are a massively improved side from last year

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167851

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Senior Seagull wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: The football gods where not to kind to Freo yesterday. Some dodgy decisions in a low scoring game.No fwds won against Adelaides strong defence.Alex Pearce gave Tex a bath yesterday.

Great game by Alex, Tex is one of the most over-rated key forwards in the comp IMHO. Both teams struggled to get good service to their forwards it was a super even and competeive game with the backs from both teams dominating. the Eddie Betts non free was a turning point, then a couple of Freo brain fades sealed their fate, but they are a massively improved side from last year

SS all thoes brain fades came from that bad decision with Betts holding the ball,twise in the s
ame tackle.Dont rate Tex.Long way down on his 2017 form.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167859

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
When i turned Foxtel on i saw the scoreline Dockers 14 v Adel 12. I thought ohh it's maybe 10 min into the first qtr so i started watching the recording from the beginning. I started nodding off in the second qtr and when i saw the half time score was 14 to 12 it was lights out for me. Woke up with about 5 minutes to go in the game. I've got no ambitions of going back and watching the whole thing. Enough said.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167863

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
The two umpiring decisions that resulted in goals at important times of the match probably helped sway the game in Adelaide's direction. The two decisions being the non holding the ball decision against Eddie Betts and the 50m paid to Alex Keath.

In saying that though the forward set up wasn't great yesterday. Let McCarthy start 40m out from goal and let him lead up. When he has the space to lead and link up with the defence or midfield and then send the ball to either Taberner or Hogan, this is his nest position. Played that role against North and flourished. He's not a deep forward that will either out muscle or out mark is opponents.

On the forwards it appears Hogan is reluctant to attack the footy with a bit of mongrel and extend his hands to grab the ball at its highest point. At times over the last two weeks he seems like he wants to take a chest mark more often than not and turn is body away from the contest, protecting it.

Lastly it would be nice to see how many of Fyfe's disposals yesterday were effective. Not just missed targets but disposals that hit their target but had 2 or 3 opposition players around them, putting that player under unnecessary pressure and more often than not a turnover occurred.

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167869

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

DD wrote: When i turned Foxtel on i saw the scoreline Dockers 14 v Adel 12. I thought ohh it's maybe 10 min into the first qtr so i started watching the recording from the beginning. I started nodding off in the second qtr and when i saw the half time score was 14 to 12 it was lights out for me. Woke up with about 5 minutes to go in the game. I've got no ambitions of going back and watching the whole thing. Enough said.

Agree. It was (like the Eagles game) just crap footy to watch.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Fremantle v Adelaide in Adelaide 4 years 11 months ago #167883

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
How stupid was Darcy Tucker? You’ve got to give the ball to the player Darcy when a free kick is paid not just drop it on the ground. Mind boggling.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 321 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog