Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166231

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Surely common sense will prevail and Fyfe will be ruled out of the Derby by the Docker Doctors (thats a mouthful). I have no medical expertise but that knock on the head that he took looked dreadful and you could see that he was concussed. He probably should miss 2 weeks to be safe. No point in risking a players long term health for one game. Many experts in concussion say that players should not play for at least a week as a precaution even if the concussion is only mild and the player recovers quickly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166234

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
He won't play , Freo can not afford the pressure of the afl community directed at them....

Having said that, Ross will try and play him, chance of the Melbourne job in 2020 too much to resist.

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166240

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Agree Mike, there is too much evidence from athletes past and present who have suffered long term effects. Australian Boomers guard Mathew Delevadova has come out and advised Fyfe to take it slowly. He suffered a concussion back in early March and hasn't played since and he's a real tough bastard. Currently playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers. I agree with you, make his miss at least 2 games. Err on the side of caution. His eyes immediately rolled back and his body just seized up. He needs others to make the right call on his behalf.

And that club doctor should have known better, he should have insisted Fyfe remain still and put him on a bloody stretcher.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166242

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Isn't Diesel Williams a jabbering mess now due to the very same reason.

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166243

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I don't think it's an issue really as the decision will be made by club medicos and not the likes of Lyon and co. You would also think the club would be getting advice from a consultant neurologist just to be on the safe side. If they all say he's good to go then so be it...if not then that's just the way it is. In saying that, he looked pretty sick last weekend so I think he'll miss at least one and probably two weeks...but that's just my opinion.

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166245

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Bazza wrote: Isn't Diesel Williams a jabbering mess now due to the very same reason.

Far from it Baz he was on the Front Bar last year and was fine. I think his problem has been suffering from memory loss. Currently being employed by Lachie Neale for private coaching sessions.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166267

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
I hope Fyffe doesn’t play for his sake. That was some sickening blow and I reckon he’d be taking a big health risk. But in another way I would be happy if he did. If the Eagles can get over Freo, you always want your team to beat the best.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166326

• Grassroots
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11

Unholytugboat wrote: He won't play , Freo can not afford the pressure of the afl community directed at them....

Having said that, Ross will try and play him, chance of the Melbourne job in 2020 too much to resist.

Great call Tugboat - playing Fyfe would not have helped his cause in any way.

Nat Fyfe 5 years 1 week ago #166395

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Great work from Fremantle, people can hate them with a passion and still can't resist posting comments about them. Meanwhile all the other clubs they do support (whether it be WAFL or AFL), can't rate the same courtesy via posts. That does border on obsessive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grassroots

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 296 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977