Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Possible Fremantle line up 2019 5 years 1 month ago #165140

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Would of thought at a reputed 900K per annum, Freo were giving Jesse ample support mikeh...perhaps drip feed it a bit more slowly so Jesse can make less "poor alcohol choices". Very disappointing to hear about Hogan, obviously a talented lad who has had more than his fair share of personal grief....hopefully for his sake, Freo's and the sport in general the kid can get his head right....whilst Cometti is right about the draft age being too young....Jesse is 23/24...so surely he should no better....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Possible Fremantle line up 2019 5 years 1 month ago #165141

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
The club has been a train wreck since the Ross Lyon sexual harassment allegations last year
1. 2017 F&B Brad Hill gets intoxicated while injured and gives police a false name.
2. The previous year I think (2017) Connor Blakely tells club he's sick can't attend training but skips off down south for a surf instead.
3. Can't get Harley's calves right
4. Dual Doig medalist walks out to go to a club that's been a cellar dweller for several years.

Don't tell me this club doesn't have a culture problem and I think back to that stage managed press conference last year fronted by Steve Rosich, Dale Alcock and Ross Lyon where Dale Alcock tried to tell us Ross Lyon has "doubled down" in the face of the crisis and the club has benefited from that doubling down ". Please, give me a break.

I'm going to be waiting and watching how Ross handles the media. If I see him jovial and laughing in the face of the latest crisis it will show how out of touch he is. I suspect he's going to roll out one of his favorite one liners "Never as good, never as bad as what you think you are".
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Possible Fremantle line up 2019 5 years 1 month ago #165144

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

DD wrote: The club has been a train wreck since the Ross Lyon sexual harassment allegations last year
1. 2017 F&B Brad Hill gets intoxicated while injured and gives police a false name.
2. The previous year I think (2017) Connor Blakely tells club he's sick can't attend training but skips off down south for a surf instead.
3. Can't get Harley's calves right
4. Dual Doig medalist walks out to go to a club that's been a cellar dweller for several years.

Don't tell me this club doesn't have a culture problem and I think back to that stage managed press conference last year fronted by Steve Rosich, Dale Alcock and Ross Lyon where Dale Alcock tried to tell us Ross Lyon has "doubled down" in the face of the crisis and the club has benefited from that doubling down ". Please, give me a break.

I'm going to be waiting and watching how Ross handles the media. If I see him jovial and laughing in the face of the latest crisis it will show how out of touch he is. I suspect he's going to roll out one of his favorite one liners "Never as good, never as bad as what you think you are".

As Ross would say to Hogan's heroes " I know nuthink"

Possible Fremantle line up 2019 5 years 1 month ago #165148

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

mikeh wrote: What a complete train wreck for Fremantle at the start of the season. As Mark Duffield said in his article this morning, the future employment of Rosich and Lyon depend on their ability to get Hogan back on track so that he can make a meaningful contribution to the team. Obviously the first step is for the club to give Jesse all the support he needs at this stage

Judging by the record these two have and the performance of other "star" recruits its not going to happen, its another fark up...and to talk about support when you are on that sort of money is a joke.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Possible Fremantle line up 2019 5 years 1 month ago #165150

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Lyons interview with Zempilas was a pisspoor performance tonight. You’d get better and more interesting answers from a brick. The way he would raise his eyebrows and show bemusement that Zempilas was asking these questions about Hogan, grow some balls and answer the tough questions Ross.
As for Hogan, you’ve gotta put depression and anxiety to the side, when you’ve accepted a job with an organisation on huge dough you gotta present yourself fit for work. To do that a week out from round one is simply a pathetic effort I reckon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, UNKA2

Possible Fremantle line up 2019 5 years 1 month ago #165151

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
Ross the consumate salesman, trouble is Ross, no-one is buying what ya selling. The man is a joke.

Possible Fremantle line up 2019 5 years 1 month ago #165155

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
I think people need to be very careful about passing judgement on Hogan. Just suggesting that he should put depression and anxiety aside because he is on a high wage shows an ignorance about mental illness that is unfortunately too prevalent in society. FIFO workers are better paid than most,but their % rate of mental illnesses are much higher than the general population and those are the ones that actually disclose because many don't report due to the stigma and being called weak or pathetic. Unfortunately this non diagnosis or disclosure can lead to tragic circumstances on some occasions . Unless you know Hogan personally you are just guessing as to his condition.
Sure criticise the club for recruiting him,thats fair game but don't have a crack at a player if you don't know his full story.

Possible Fremantle line up 2019 5 years 1 month ago #165156

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
True Mikeh no one can point the finger unless they have walked in or similarly too Hogans shoes....but there is the delicate boundary of supporting/protecting an individual and individual accountability. As much as Freo have a role to play, so does Hogan....time will tell if the fella can get or even wants to get his footy career back on track.....just think Hogan has a greater financial head start in reducing those acknowledged day to day anxiety triggers than many of those FIFO workers you mention have......

Last edit: by Freezin.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 870 guests and one member online

• TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977