Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159511

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
On another thread a staunch shall we say Dorkers supporter is lauding the new forward line with Taberner, Hogan, Lobb and Charlie being set for great success.

There is a saying that even if you dress it silk it is still shite.

Taberner has been the next big thing for how many years along with Richard Attenboroughs mate in the mist and as for Charlie he played one good game in the 18's at Kardinya Park and was the next big thing and so far especially at Freo under Ross Rivers tutelage as been about useful as an Australian cricketer in Bunnings!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Grump.

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159515

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: I'll put my hand up Grump, as I know you are referring to me. No need to be shy.
But tell me who is Charlie? Please elaborate for me. I know of no FD player called Charlie.
Not sure you watched any Fremantle games last year, but Taberner was flying until injured. In fact from memory, he finished third in contested marks, in the whole competition. Yep he has struggled at times, but with a side that butchered the ball badly, he struggled. Also was used very often as a second string Ruckman.
Adding Lobb, and Hogan, give our forward line a totally different look. Even you would have to concede that.
How do we know just what our forward line will play like until we see it I operation.
Remember.Jack Darling has had one good year, and that was this year.

Charlie McCarthy -
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159518

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Taberner took 18 contested marks this season, and that’s third in the comp? Jeez shows how few contested marks there are in the modern game
Jack Darlings had one good year?? You’re pretty hard to impress Anchor, unless somebody’s wearing purple of course
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, 30plusyeardrought

Last edit: by Tiger of old.

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159525

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Jack Darling career stats-

2011- 23 games, 24.11 goals/behinds
2012- 24 games, 53.25 goals
2013- 21 games, 42.27 goals
2014- 22 games, 39.29 goals
2015- 15 games, 26.18 goals
2016- 23 games, 44.21 goals
2017- 23 games, 43.25 goals
2018- 21 games, 48.27 goals

Total- 172 games, 319.183 goals

Averages- 12.31 disposals per game, 5.15 marks per game, 3.05 tackles per game,
Career winning %- 63.66%
WCE Leading Goalkicker- 2012, 2018, NAB Rising Star Nominee 2011, Premiership Player 2018.

Hardly a one season wonder as suggested in fact quite impressive stats for a modern day Centre Half Forward.
In fact other than Pavlich I dont think Fremantle have had any Forward even near those stats over an 8 year career!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 30plusyeardrought

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159529

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
You just beat me to it with that post BH re Darlings stats.

Darlings 2018 before he got injured was exceptional.

Anchorman has never rated Premiership player Darling.
He’s been a valuable contributor with JK over the years.
Not only kicks goals but has a hand in many goal assists per game.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159531

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Yet Taberner was “flying” with ten goals from nine games!

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159539

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Grump wrote: On another thread a staunch shall we say Dorkers supporter is lauding the new forward line with Taberner, Hogan, Lobb and Charlie being set for great success.

Taberner has been the next big thing for how many years along with Richard Attenboroughs mate in the mist and as for Charlie he played one good game in the 18's at Kardinya Park and was the next big thing and so far especially at Freo under Ross Rivers tutelage as been about useful as an Australian cricketer in Bunnings!

Another Fremantle bashing alcohol fueled rant. How many sherries did you have at the Freemasons when you wrote that dribble Grump? Even Swan42 would struggle to make sense of it. I googled "Persil", didn't even produce a meaning. Is some sort of laundry detergent in another part of the world. Lol
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ooollllrrrrrry2

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159548

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

Tiger of old wrote: Taberner took 18 contested marks this season, and that’s third in the comp? Jeez shows how few contested marks there are in the modern game
Jack Darlings had one good year?? You’re pretty hard to impress Anchor, unless somebody’s wearing purple of course

I think Taberner finish eq 53rd in AFL contested marks this year. brendan Cox took more than him.

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159557

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote:

Grump wrote: On another thread a staunch shall we say Dorkers supporter is lauding the new forward line with Taberner, Hogan, Lobb and Charlie being set for great success.

Another Fremantle bashing alcohol fueled rant. How many sherries did you have at the Freemasons when you wrote that dribble Grump? Even Swan42 would struggle to make sense of it. I googled "Persil", didn't even produce a meaning. Is some sort of laundry detergent in another part of the world. Lol

DD you give me to much credit, Sherry, way beyond my means Bit of Brasso strained through stale flat bread, mmmm heaven!

The new improved persil forward line 5 years 5 months ago #159574

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Jeez, Grump - anywhere more than 10 minutes south of Parry St, and you'd be considered a toff.

ps what vintage was the Brasso? :P

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 395 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020