Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 6 months ago #158908

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
The West has described how the complex trade negotiations came about that netted Jesse Hogan and Rory Lobb in exchange for Lachie Neale and 4 picks in the first four rounds of the draft. They call him "The Wolfe" drawing comparisons to Winston Wolfe (played by Harvey Kietel) in Pulp Fiction. The Wolfe in this case was Tom Petroro who apparently overseas a host of player managers. He was brought in by Steve Rosich to make it all happen.

Fascinating story and great insight into how this all came together. For those not familiar with "the Wolfe" in Pulp Fiction here is a link.

thewest.com.au/sport/afl/the-role-tom-pe...adlock-ng-b88996383z

Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 6 months ago #158924

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Aman you're right I've listened to Langdon a bit lately and he carries on like a spoilt brat at times. What he needs is someone in the studio to stand up to him. He's got the power of the dump button in the studio and it goes to his big pumpkin head.

Did you hear him on Wednesday night? As soon as Ben mentioned how Freo went in the draft he cut in and said "You know what? I don't want to hear anymore about it I'm sick of talking about it". Then Thursday night he was mysteriously absent.

And on the Eagles channel they are flat when talking about the Dockers but you can't wipe the smile off their face and the enthusiasm in their voice when it's good news about the Eagles.

I think Steve Rosich has had a good last month or so. Losing Brad Lloyd and moving on Chris Bond just weeks out before the trade period could have left any club floundering but the appointment of club legend Peter Bell was a very good move and Steve Rosich has shown he can step up and get things done. He and the other Steve (Harris) were the two who pulled off the Ross Lyon coup at the time.

The gloss has come off Ross for me in the last couple of years so I'm wrapped that he will have the arsenal at his disposal he has always craved. Let's see what he can do with it in a new era of the game with 9 new rule changes. I believe the new rules will favour tall marking players so it couldn't be better timing from our point of view.
Get on your bike.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 5 months ago #158946

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
So ... Star players want to come home, Perth is there destination. 2 clubs, WCE can't afford either of them. It was Freos trade to $#ck up. I reckon they nearly did by coming out and saying the trade for Hogan is off.

As for the clowns saying this is going to be great Freo will play attacking here are some hints for u. Paul Roos, John Longmire & Buddy Franklin.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 5 months ago #158957

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: There are some serious morons here.
They say it makes you go blind you know.

Facts don't care about your feelings Anchorman.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 5 months ago #158958

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Unholytugboat wrote: So ... Star players want to come home, Perth is there destination. 2 clubs, WCE can't afford either of them. It was Freos trade to $#ck up. I reckon they nearly did by coming out and saying the trade for Hogan is off.

As for the clowns saying this is going to be great Freo will play attacking here are some hints for u. Paul Roos, John Longmire & Buddy Franklin.

Tugster you are a sad and bitter little wanker. At least a few Fremantle supporters have the class to acknowledge the magnificent achievement of West Coast in winning the flag this year. We are not so bitter and twisted like you to try and twist every positive into a negative. Stop acting like a loser for a change and give credit where and when it is due.
Get on your bike.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 5 months ago #158959

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That's exactly what i am doing, lobb & Hogan great recruits. Don't think there is any need to label recruiters geniuses.

They were both no brainier trades.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 5 months ago #158964

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Unholytugboat wrote: That's exactly what i am doing, lobb & Hogan great recruits. Don't think there is any need to label recruiters geniuses.

uhtb where is Kelly playing next season?

It is a completely fatuous argument to highlight some players don't want to play for a particular team. Like dud draft picks every club can point to players that do not want to play for a certain club. Similarly, every club has drafted players that have not worked out. Andrew Geddes comes to mind from the Eagles.

Similarly, all clubs have had players leave such as Neale from Freo this season. Not so many clubs have had their captain leave such as C Judd leaving the Eagles amidst their drug ravaged culture.

With respect to Lobb: from what I have read about him and seen during his time at Swans he is a quality person and one would expect that he will have a positive impact on Fremantle.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 5 months ago #158968

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Unholytugboat wrote: That's exactly what i am doing, lobb & Hogan great recruits. Don't think there is any need to label recruiters geniuses.

Pathetic effort to make out you are being complimentary towards Fremantle. Quite clear in your first post you said only reason both Lobb and Hogan went to Fremantle was because they were the only WA club that could make the deals to get them. Both Hogan and Lobb met with WC and if either of them had nominated WC as their preferred destination the Eagles would have bent over backwards to get them.

Facts are Lobb would have been used mostly as a ruckman at WC, he was more attracted to Fremantle where he will be used more as a forward and Hogan grew up in the Fremantle area and was a Fremantle fan before he was drafted. He always wanted to come home to Fremantle. I know that's 2 bitter pills you have trouble swallowing.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 5 months ago #158977

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote:

Pathetic effort to make out you are being complimentary towards Fremantle. Quite clear in your first post you said only reason both Lobb and Hogan went to Fremantle was because they were the only WA club that could make the deals to get them. Both Hogan and Lobb met with WC and if either of them had nominated WC as their preferred destination the Eagles would have bent over backwards to get them.

Facts are Lobb would have been used mostly as a ruckman at WC, he was more attracted to Fremantle where he will be used more as a forward and Hogan grew up in the Fremantle area and was a Fremantle fan before he was drafted. He always wanted to come home to Fremantle. I know that's 2 bitter pills you have trouble swallowing.

Your wrong, how on Earth could WC afford one of them since Gaff signed back on and stay under salary cap. Let's be sensible.

Lots of cream, lots of sugar 5 years 5 months ago #158979

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Bottom line is Hogan was contracted to Melbourne the Eagles did not have the draft picks to satisfy Melbourne.
He wanted home and the Dockers were the only ones capable of brokering a deal that would satisfy Melbourne with a contracted player.
I also doubt if the Eagles could have got Lobb at pick twenty something the Dockers were also in the box seat to get him although my opinion is Lobb isn’t a 700k a year player,he’s a good player but not worth that much,that’s what GWS we’re paying him I doubt he’d sign for less than that.

The Dockers needed to give up something of value and they did with Neale wanting out and that got them the draft picks to get the players they needed.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 255 guests and one member online

• swansfan4life

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL