Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #156003

• Cantbuyagoal
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Latest update is that lions are offering a million a year and its believed there is more than a passing interest so if he wants to go and they have agreed to terms if a trade can get done Freo need to play hard ball (like Wellar deal last year with Gold Coast) and take them for a number of picks.
Pick 4 is a good start but definitely nowhere near enough for a player of that quality maybe next years first round as well or would pick 4 and a player??? Daniel Rich, any other WA players worth mentioning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #156005

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Pick 4, 22 and 58.

If he turns down Brisbane and stays with us but doesn’t sign a new contract there’s every chance he walks next season as a free agent. I think we’ll only get somewhere between pick 11-22 as compensation. I’d rather take picks 4 and 22 this year with a fourth round pick thrown in than only get one pick next year.

What I wrote the other day regarding draft picks was more wishful thinking but if we did get picks 4 and 22 for Neale and then ontraded pick 4 to Adelaide for picks 7 and 19, we would obviously lose Neale but gain picks 7, 19 and 22. I think most would take that if Neale decides he wants out.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #156023

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
What you posted the other day may have been wishful thinking but it looked like a very good outcome if it was achieved. You obviously have a good feel for the draft and how it shapes up....impressive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr AFL

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #156025

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Geez you Freo lot are precious, disappearing posts for comments about the coach..FMD

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #156034

• OzFooty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146

Dwert wrote: Geez you Freo lot are precious, disappearing posts for comments about the coach..FMD

What posts are you referring to that have disappeared Dwert? I don't see any posts anyone has removed here or on the Fremantle board.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #156035

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned

OzFooty Admin wrote:

Dwert wrote: Geez you Freo lot are precious, disappearing posts for comments about the coach..FMD

What posts are you referring to that have disappeared Dwert? I don't see any posts anyone has removed here or on the Fremantle board.

My apologies admin I did a quick search a few minutes ago and found my post on a different topic:( I feel like a goose Sorry.....

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #156040

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned

Dwert wrote:

OzFooty Admin wrote:

My apologies admin I did a quick search a few minutes ago and found my post on a different topic:( I feel like a goose Sorry.....

Some of the content flows into other topics Anchor , but no excuse I will take that one on the chin...:)

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #156113

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

BC wrote: What you posted the other day may have been wishful thinking but it looked like a very good outcome if it was achieved. You obviously have a good feel for the draft and how it shapes up....impressive.

Cheers BC. I do like to follow the draft and believe that if done properly things can turn around quicker than expected.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #157650

• Cantbuyagoal
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
You would think that the longer this takes to get a signature for a further few years the more it looks like Neale wants out. The only reasons you wouldn't have already resigned are: your going, you want more money or a longer deal than what's being offered.
If Brisbane have already given him the contract to sign they are at the mercy of the Dockers to make this happen.
So if he goes should we expect picks 4, 22 & 58 or 4 and next years first pick (crow gave up 10 & 16 plus swapped other 2nd & 3rd round picks for that year and the next - Gibbs was 28)
If we have picks 4, 5, 22, 58 & 77 should we go after both Lobb & Hogan - picks 4 & 22 for Hogan helps Melbourne land May from gold coast and pick 5 and 58 or 77 for Lobb.
the other options is land the 2 king boys in the draft who will be 18 and have them alongside Cerra and Brayshaw for the next 10 years with plenty of cap space to make a big play at the end of 2019 for an out of contract Hogan and or Lobb or someone else like Tim Kelly, Jack Martin and other WA boys

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #157652

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

Cantbuyagoal wrote: You would think that the longer this takes to get a signature for a further few years the more it looks like Neale wants out. The only reasons you wouldn't have already resigned are: your going, you want more money or a longer deal than what's being offered.
If Brisbane have already given him the contract to sign they are at the mercy of the Dockers to make this happen.
So if he goes should we expect picks 4, 22 & 58 or 4 and next years first pick (crow gave up 10 & 16 plus swapped other 2nd & 3rd round picks for that year and the next - Gibbs was 28)
If we have picks 4, 5, 22, 58 & 77 should we go after both Lobb & Hogan - picks 4 & 22 for Hogan helps Melbourne land May from gold coast and pick 5 and 58 or 77 for Lobb.
the other options is land the 2 king boys in the draft who will be 18 and have them alongside Cerra and Brayshaw for the next 10 years with plenty of cap space to make a big play at the end of 2019 for an out of contract Hogan and or Lobb or someone else like Tim Kelly, Jack Martin and other WA boys

Yep it's shaping that way isn't it though I read in the last couple of days Lachie says he loves the club (Freo) and the people in it so it seems it's a lifestyle decision he is weighing up.

If we are any chance of getting both Hogan and Lobb next season we probably need Lachie to go. I can't see Lobb going to the Eagles. Commentators say he rates himself more as a forward than a ruckman. Eagles are looking at him as a ruckman and I can't see how he would fit into their forward line with Kennedy and Darling. It would throw their forward structure out of balance.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 538 guests and 2 members online

• smokey
  • Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL