Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155615

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
To quote Michael Caton from The Castle "tell him he's dreaming". That's what I thought of when I read the Brisbane Lions are prepared to make a big offer to Lachie Neale. Lachie has never struck me as a player unhappy at Fremantle that would consider leaving the club. Can't blame them for dreaming.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155616

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

DD wrote: To quote Michael Caton from The Castle "tell him he's dreaming". That's what I thought of when I read the Brisbane Lions are prepared to make a big offer to Lachie Neale. Lachie has never struck me as a player unhappy at Fremantle that would consider leaving the club. Can't blame them for dreaming.

Thats what I thought as well DD, he doesnt strike me as being a guy who would chase the money and he would certainly be a huge loss to the midfield even if they did get Mcgovern out of it.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155621

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Agree Mike I rate Lachie the second best player at Fremantle and that is a close second. I imagine Fremantle's response will be "is there anything else we can help you with"?
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155777

• Cantbuyagoal
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Making a play and only offering up pick 4 in the draft, what a joke considering Adelaide want a first round pick for McGoven (Freo should offer pick 77 to Adelaide as that would make it on par) Might need to offer the 2 first picks in this and next years draft for it to be considered

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155783

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Seriously, even if pick 1 was on the table u would have to say no. Lachie Neale is easily the most consistent player they have. If u picked lachie Neale at pick 1 would u be happy with that pick considering how he has developed? Of course it's a no brainer.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155786

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Ouch.. apparently Neale wants out, can't be a money thing Freo have heaps in the cap. Guess the bleeding will continue to flow till the board wake up and flick Ross.

If this Neale story is true and gets legs I reckon Ross might be gone by October.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155789

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ross will be there for the term. There is a lot of noise about Lochie going to Brisbane I haven't seen anything to back those rumours up nor comments from players to suggest anything contrary to him staying. He will be offered a new contract soon and I would expect he will take it. I'm sure Brisbane have put some offer to his manager and it is a business so he would of course have a look at it.
We wait and see how it goes.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155796

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: From what I can gather, all the noise is coming from the Melbourne media.Obviously they have been having a quiet few days to fill in.
Where as , over in the West, the media have been salivating.
My take would be that the Lions have asked the question to Neales manager.
The Lions have spread the word, and all of a sudden a legless story gains legs.

Perhaps you might need to sit down a/man before you continue to read this post. I know it will come as a great shock and surprise that two of the "journalists" spruiking this rumour are Gerard Whateley and Mark Robinson.

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155814

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

swan42 wrote:

anchorman wrote: From what I can gather, all the noise is coming from the Melbourne media.Obviously they have been having a quiet few days to fill in.
Where as , over in the West, the media have been salivating.
My take would be that the Lions have asked the question to Neales manager.
The Lions have spread the word, and all of a sudden a legless story gains legs.

Perhaps you might need to sit down a/man before you continue to read this post. I know it will come as a great shock and surprise that two of the "journalists" spruiking this rumour are Gerard Whateley and Mark Robinson.

Two dickheads that are not to br believed.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Jousting sticks 5 years 7 months ago #155823

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Hopefully he stays but if Lachie Neale wants to go then I reckon the club should look at getting the deal done. He's only contracted for next year and would have the option of free agency at the end of 2019. If he does leave via free agency I think we'll probably only get a pick somewhere between 10-20 for him.

Putting my Fremantle hat on for a second and making sure any moves benefits us more than the other teams and all this would be highly unlikely to eventuate but here's how things could play out.

Lachie Neale goes to Brisbane and we get picks 4, 22 and 58 in return.

Adelaide want to move up the draft order so we offer them pick 4 and in return we get pick 7 and 19.

Gold Coast want an earlier pick and we offer then pick 19 for picks 26, 29 and 41.

So we lose Neale but go into the draft with picks 5, 7, 22, 26, 29, 41, 58 and 77.

We pick up Max King and Ben King with the earlier picks and then use the picks in the 20's to get Jordan Clark, Luke Valente and Luke English. Hopefully at pick 41 Dillon O'Rielly is still there and at 58 I'd like the club to take a punt on Marlon Pickett from South Fremantle and at 77 wouldn't mind Haiden Schloithe getting another chance either.

As I said it's all hypothetical and would rely on all trades going in Fremantle's favour. Very unlikely to happen I know.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 592 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest