Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156064

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

BC wrote: Generally it would come from other Board members or prominent sponsors, high profile past players or supporter groups who are unhappy with the direction of the club and push for change. Over the years we've seen it happen at Melbourne when they were struggling and Glen Bartlett took over, Hawthorn with Dicker, Kennett and Newbold signalled the start of the golden years and Brayshaw at North Melbourne when he saved the club from relocating to the Gold Coast. If someone like Peter Bell started agitating at board level then I think he'd get enough support within the Board itself plus from others outside to make some changes.

Yep, there is normally a bit of a coup, that's been the pattern over the years from what I recall, sometimes they work out sometimes they don't.

As far as the entry of the Dockers goes, it was a stupid decision, rushed and at least a decade too early.

Rosich and Lyon are two peas in a pod, feeding off one another, Rosich will stand by Lyon because he is largley responsible for the $5 Million decision to keep him, he knows if he goes so does, he, fact is they both need to go. The money is burnt now. Stuff coming out is not good, going by Hardie last night there its pretty bad. Quality players are wanting out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bazza.

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156072

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Well...there you go...Chris Bond has been given his marching orders after Brad Lloyd pulled the pin...who's next I wonder.

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156092

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

BC wrote: Well...there you go...Chris Bond has been given his marching orders after Brad Lloyd pulled the pin...who's next I wonder.

Lyon , Rosich , Alcock ..B)

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156117

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
AM do you have a link to the article about how the AFL set the Dockers up to fail? Would love to have a read of that.

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156120

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230

Dwert wrote: Both good reads BC and Unholytugboat , none of the contents come as any surprise.
Anchor if I had a guess who the one Board Member is I would guess it might be either Bell or O ‘Rielly? Probably the first as O’Rileys young fella could possibly be a father son prospect for FFC this year. I would think dad would not want to effect list manager Rosich with his decision.
Getting back to the FFC Board mate they predominantly are professional board sitters and have no football club experience.

O Reillys son is not eligible for the father son rule, Stephen didn't play enough games

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156121

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Tiger of old wrote:

Dwert wrote: Both good reads BC and Unholytugboat , none of the contents come as any surprise.
Anchor if I had a guess who the one Board Member is I would guess it might be either Bell or O ‘Rielly? Probably the first as O’Rileys young fella could possibly be a father son prospect for FFC this year. I would think dad would not want to effect list manager Rosich with his decision.
Getting back to the FFC Board mate they predominantly are professional board sitters and have no football club experience.

Cheers TOO I am certain he would still not want to compromise his sons drafting by putting himself out there.

O Reillys son is not eligible for the father son rule, Stephen didn't play enough games

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156126

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

BC wrote: Well...there you go...Chris Bond has been given his marching orders after Brad Lloyd pulled the pin...who's next I wonder.

Sandilands, Bennell and Ballantyne were recommended for delisting, this was opposed by Lyon and Rosich (the only ones) who insisted they be given extensions, hence the fall out.

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156129

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Inside info Bazza?

What if. 5 years 6 months ago #156134

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

Bazza wrote:

Sandilands, Bennell and Ballantyne were recommended for delisting, this was opposed by Lyon and Rosich (the only ones) who insisted they be given extensions, hence the fall out.

You could mount a case for Sandi as he'd be classed as a veteran and his salary wouldn't be counted in the cap whereas if he retired and went on board as a ruck coach, it would be included in the footy department spend...I think that's how it works and will stand corrected if not...but Ballantyne and Bennell no way should they have got contract extensions.

What if. 5 years 3 months ago #161591

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Unholytugboat wrote:

58shark wrote:

anchorman wrote: What if the FFC decided to move Ross Lyon on , say early next season, if we have a disastrous start.Who does the club look at to take his place.Do they go for an untried coach, or do they look at past moved on coaches like Voss and Ratten.
What if the AFL come to us with the baseball bat like the Fatman and Little Addy used to do.Do we ask them for a priority pick, as they have granted Carlton and the Suns.
What if the WAFC, who own the FFC licence, came and put some sort of ultimatum to the club about improvement.Not saying they will, because right now, all they have to do is sit back and count the money.Two two AFL licenced clubs have members coming out of their ears. It would be easier to sit on your hands and do nothing.Will they query the club.
What if the FFC members and supporters got together and asked the FFC Board for a Members meeting post season. Would the club answer the call.
What if the CEO actually spoke to the members about the team. Not the club, the team.Why do we not see him on TV telling the supporters what is happening.Others do, why not ours?

I think you made a good point with your opening statement anchor. Who do they go for if they bullet Lyon? All the really good coaches are all tied up (or so you would think). Like him or hate him, Lyon is an experience coach. You would have to go for a recycled coach or a new kid on the block. Risky.
One thing I can say, I know exactly how you supporters are feeling....I got the same problem in the WAFL.

No point having a couple of the best players in the comp and good young talent if your coach is a spud. Every day Ross is there Freo drift further away from being a Destination club. It's why they can't recruit big fish, they are not a destination club.
Presser was deplorable.
Plenty of experienced coaches around if the board had half a testi

And he knows his Spuds!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 645 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Danger

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes