Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154481

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Do what Melbourne did and put Paul Roos in to get the club back on its feet transitioning over 3 years to a younger guy like Jarrod Schofield, Brett Kirk or Sam Mitchell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154519

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

anchorman wrote: What if the FFC decided to move Ross Lyon on , say early next season, if we have a disastrous start.Who does the club look at to take his place.Do they go for an untried coach, or do they look at past moved on coaches like Voss and Ratten.
What if the AFL come to us with the baseball bat like the Fatman and Little Addy used to do.Do we ask them for a priority pick, as they have granted Carlton and the Suns.
What if the WAFC, who own the FFC licence, came and put some sort of ultimatum to the club about improvement.Not saying they will, because right now, all they have to do is sit back and count the money.Two two AFL licenced clubs have members coming out of their ears. It would be easier to sit on your hands and do nothing.Will they query the club.
What if the FFC members and supporters got together and asked the FFC Board for a Members meeting post season. Would the club answer the call.
What if the CEO actually spoke to the members about the team. Not the club, the team.Why do we not see him on TV telling the supporters what is happening.Others do, why not ours?

I think you made a good point with your opening statement anchor. Who do they go for if they bullet Lyon? All the really good coaches are all tied up (or so you would think). Like him or hate him, Lyon is an experience coach. You would have to go for a recycled coach or a new kid on the block. Risky.
One thing I can say, I know exactly how you supporters are feeling....I got the same problem in the WAFL.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154521

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100

58shark wrote:

anchorman wrote: What if the FFC decided to move Ross Lyon on , say early next season, if we have a disastrous start.Who does the club look at to take his place.Do they go for an untried coach, or do they look at past moved on coaches like Voss and Ratten.
What if the AFL come to us with the baseball bat like the Fatman and Little Addy used to do.Do we ask them for a priority pick, as they have granted Carlton and the Suns.
What if the WAFC, who own the FFC licence, came and put some sort of ultimatum to the club about improvement.Not saying they will, because right now, all they have to do is sit back and count the money.Two two AFL licenced clubs have members coming out of their ears. It would be easier to sit on your hands and do nothing.Will they query the club.
What if the FFC members and supporters got together and asked the FFC Board for a Members meeting post season. Would the club answer the call.
What if the CEO actually spoke to the members about the team. Not the club, the team.Why do we not see him on TV telling the supporters what is happening.Others do, why not ours?

I think you made a good point with your opening statement anchor. Who do they go for if they bullet Lyon? All the really good coaches are all tied up (or so you would think). Like him or hate him, Lyon is an experience coach. You would have to go for a recycled coach or a new kid on the block. Risky.
One thing I can say, I know exactly how you supporters are feeling....I got the same problem in the WAFL.

No point having a couple of the best players in the comp and good young talent if your coach is a spud. Every day Ross is there Freo drift further away from being a Destination club. It's why they can't recruit big fish, they are not a destination club.
Presser was deplorable.
Plenty of experienced coaches around if the board had half a testi

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154522

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

BC wrote: Do what Melbourne did and put Paul Roos in to get the club back on its feet transitioning over 3 years to a younger guy like Jarrod Schofield, Brett Kirk or Sam Mitchell.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Scott Watters MkII

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154523

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Unholytugboat wrote:

58shark wrote:

No point having a couple of the best players in the comp and good young talent if your coach is a spud. Every day Ross is there Freo drift further away from being a Destination club. It's why they can't recruit big fish, they are not a destination club.
Presser was deplorable.

uhtb did your team play today? How did they go?

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154529

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Unholytugboat wrote:

58shark wrote:

Presser was deplorable.

Hi Sean,

Yes they did, Melbourne brought some serious heat and deservingly won. Learnt a bit , let lycett go probably not a number 1 ruckman.
Cracker game, easily match of the round, I have no prob losing when u are watching some quality football. I think simmo got out pointed as well.

Your team was shit, the Dockers are shot.but I guess u know that Sean or are u still claiming to not know the score?

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154534

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Unholytugboat wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Unholytugboat wrote:

58shark wrote:

Presser was deplorable.

Hi Sean,

Yes they did, Melbourne brought some serious heat and deservingly won. Learnt a bit , let lycett go probably not a number 1 ruckman.
Cracker game, easily match of the round, I have no prob losing when u are watching some quality football. I think simmo got out pointed as well.

Your team was shit, the Dockers are shot.but I guess u know that Sean or are u still claiming to not know the score?

uhtb you really should adhere to the maxim: better to be thought an idiot rather than remove all doubt.

I now know the Geelong Fremantle score thanks to a/man. 2016 was statistically a far poorer season for Swan Districts than 2018.

Last edit: by swan42.

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154536

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Unholytugboat wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Unholytugboat wrote:

58shark wrote:

Presser was deplorable.

Hi Sean,

I believe Sean when he says he didn't know the score as he listens to the games on his wireless with a rug over his knees and whenever Geelong kicked a goal, he stuck his fingers in his arse sorry...bloody predict text...ears.

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154543

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Obviously didn't mitigate it. Mitagating mitagation is a need.

What if. 5 years 8 months ago #154550

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: Sorry Sean, not Sean the sheep surely. I meant to say Sean, but the Devil made me do it. Guess a new Nick name has been born.

Mitigate it.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 341 guests and 2 members online

• Sand Surfer

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977