Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154498

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote:

swan42 wrote: What is unequivocal is that the host club alignment has proved to be an unmitigated disaster for Fremantle unless there are some who suggest that the success Fremantle has achieved during the current host club alignment is due to the host club alignment.

Agree with Anchorman you really need to give it a rest Swannie you seem to want to derail every topic at every opportunity making it about the alignment. Fremantles problems have got SFA to do with the alignment.

Too many excuses from Ross who when we were a top 4 side trotted out lines on a regular basis like "We are a no excuse football club", "We are a anywhere, anyone anytime football club". Yesterday he said Kardinya Park was a difficult place to play.

No doubt Ross Lyon has a brilliant brain, his recall and stats he can recall is amazing but he's using excuse after excuse. Yesterday he was saying ask the AFL they know rebuilds take 5 or 6 years, we are 3 years into a rebuild. We can accept he is putting games into young players and it's going to take time but it's the method or lack of it I fail to see. I don't know what our style is.

We continue to be poor in the skill department and I think we are a dumb tackling side very careless when it comes to tackling. And FFS giving Ballantyne another year is total bullshit and sends the wrong message. He should be playing for Peel. One good game all year against Carlton and shit let's give him another year.

Sorry DD the topic is about the performance of Fremantle and the host club alignment is integral into the development of the players and hence the performance of Fremantle. To quote you "We continue to be poor in the skill department and I think we are a dumb tackling side very careless when it comes to tackling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by swan42.

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154500

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

JB wrote: The Freo rebuild seems to be going on forever and cannot believe Ballentine is of Afl standard Round 21 2018..
Give Lyon another year and see what Freo can hook in the Draft.With half the current team under 50 Afl games don't think any coach has a quick fix for Freos problems.One strong marking forward who kicks goals can change a lot at Freo.

Agree with some of this re: Ballantine and a key forward will do wonders. Rebuild is in 2nd year(some argue its 3) whatever it is, it is early days and Freo wont and shouldn't terminate Lyon at this point. Collingwood, powerful Melbourne club, are about to play finals for the first time in 5 or 6 years. Melbourne have been in an ongoing rebuild for 10 plus years. 8 wins at the beginning of the year, I would have grabbed with both hands. I'm not saying Lyon will guide Freo to a flag, but I think people need to sit back and look at the whole picture. I don't see this criticism for the teams below Freo who have been building since Noah played.

Lyon deserves another year IMO.Can't defend yesterdays loss but 8 wins is OK from a very young team.If they can win 10 or 12 next year.Finals contention 2020.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154502

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Sean, the topic has SFA to do with the alignment. But if I said anything you would relate it to the alignment. Even a mongrel dog doesn't doesn't hold his bone that long.

Who is Sean?

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154503

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Gee 42...I thought your name would be Roy, Graham or Cyril to go with your cardigan and slippers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154520

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote: Not being a follower of any AFL team but just liking football I watch with interest at the results, the games etc more so the comments by folk who have a greater passion for the teams.

It seems to me that the coaches who are just not upto it all have the same excuse - rebuilding, age and transition. All fairly hollow and very scripted.

It has taken how many years and how many players for freo to plumb to the pathetic standard they showed yesterday. I watched the game, had to force myself but ....... .

The players have some responsibility but the coaches seem not to have taught them to play to a structure, plan and strategy for situations.

If he stays then I cannot see them improving but I can see some assistants being blamed and moved on through not fault of their own.[/quote

By that metric Adam Pickering has been an unmitigated failure as SDFC's coach this year.

Swan I think the difference is one year as opposed to 3 , 4, 5 years of the same excuses being rolled out. I would not like to comment abt Pickering but I would swap yours for ours in a heart beat!

We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154647

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

BC wrote: Gee 42...I thought your name would be Roy, Graham or Cyril to go with your cardigan and slippers.

LOL Cyril has Bassendean written all over it, probably worked for WAGR as well.

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154651

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Rosich blames injuries and lack of skills. Lyon is safe

Laughing stock of the AFL, what's next another extension to Ballantyne and bennels contracts.

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154658

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
in comparison, Essendon have delisted Goddard who is a leader and still playing good football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154662

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

Unholytugboat wrote: Rosich blames injuries and lack of skills. Lyon is safe

Laughing stock of the AFL, what's next another extension to Ballantyne and bennels contracts.

Not quite the laughing stock as Carlton with all its "rising stars " still are useless. Next is Gold Coast as QLD say beautiful one day, magnificent the next. Then Fremantle..

Indefensible. 5 years 7 months ago #154665

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Leather Stops wrote:

Unholytugboat wrote: Rosich blames injuries and lack of skills. Lyon is safe

Not quite the laughing stock as Carlton with all its "rising stars " still are useless. Next is Gold Coast as QLD say beautiful one day, magnificent the next. Then Fremantle..

Gee NO comfort in being placed with those two rabble of clubs LS. All three are as terrible as each other.
Rosich's attempt to represent the club in his press conference is the typical beaurocratic response that he rolls out, pathetic and spineless. Grow some knackers and make a decision in the long term best interest of the club. Does anyone know who the President of the FFC is? Is he the invisible man? Time for him to come out and show some balls Mr Alcock.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 201 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes