Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154090

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
None of those reasons were taken into account with Matt De Boer - one of the most professional blokes going around - and he had plenty of good footy left in him. I'd be very surprised if he gets another year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154092

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
I have heard on the grape vine that Ross River has been going to a clairvoyant and channeling Nikita Kruschev abt how to run a 5 years plan into 10 years.

I don't follow any afl team but Carlton and Fremantle have without a doubt the worst coaches and excuses I have come across and we have had the odd one at EP.

There is another issue at Fremantle and that to me is Bond, Chris Bond!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154096

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
I reckon if Ballas is being offered another year it smells of desperation from Ross Lyon feeling the need to surround himself with those he's closest to. How many good games has he played this year? If he's being rewarded for kicking a few goals against Carlton give me a break.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154098

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Pension him off Ballas time is up... Better to chase a small forward like Shai Bolton ex SF boy who I hear is keen to get back home.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154101

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Yep...I agree Dwert. I take a/man's point that you need to have a few senior blokes around the place to provide leadership for your youngsters but surely the likes of Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, the Hill brothers, Walters, Pearce, Hamlin, Wilson do just that in spades...in fact, I doubt Ballantyne would provide any guidance or leadership as he doesn't come across as that type of guy considering his on-field antics. Times up for Hayden...move him on.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154104

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350

Dwert wrote: Pension him off Ballas time is up... Better to chase a small forward like Shai Bolton ex SF boy who I hear is keen to get back home.

I hope they are having a close look at Michael Bennell and Sydney Stack from the Dees. Bennell is a class act, 6ft plus can take a high mark and shows an appetite for the contest. Deadly in front of the sticks.
Get on your bike.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154148

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote:

BC wrote: Yep...I agree Dwert. I take a/man's point that you need to have a few senior blokes around the place to provide leadership for your youngsters but surely the likes of Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, the Hill brothers, Walters, Pearce, Hamlin, Wilson do just that in spades...in fact, I doubt Ballantyne would provide any guidance or leadership as he doesn't come across as that type of guy considering his on-field antics. Times up for Hayden...move him on.

BC, what antics!!!! Since when has it been a sin for a small forward to be a serial pest on the field. Because he is a pest on the field doesn't make him a bad influence around the club.
Some fellas have strange ideas.

It's not a sin...in fact Jeff farmer and Steven Milne made careers out of it but imo, Ballantyne doesn't come across as a natural leader of young blokes in a footy club.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154151

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
a bit touchy aren't you? where did I say he has no leadership skills? it just seems to me he's not a natural leader like say the Pav or Dave Mundy or even Fyfe....but at day's end whether he is or not will have no bearing on getting another year on his contract. it'll be based I imagine on what he brings to the club in terms of footy output. has he done enough to get an extension? I don't think he has but as you point out, that's just my opinion which counts for sweet FA.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154153

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
Anchor where does Branden Matera sit atm in the FFC. They recruited him back to play as a small forward. Young player in his early twenties played a few years in AFL system and you would think his best years of football are just ahead of him yet it seems he has been thrown on the scrap heap or playing a second fiddle for a bloke who is way past his best in my opinion.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #154155

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned

anchorman wrote: Dwert, He has disappointed me since coming to the club.I thought we would have more from hi.To me he seems lazy and not wanting to do the hard yards to keep his place in the side.
He is like McCarthy, both need to do more, much more.
I may be wrong, but I feel Matera is a bit over weight and not running as he did at the Suns.

From my observations he has been the scapegoat for a few below par performances by the team, however he has shown glimpses of why he was recruited. In my opinion he looks like a young fella who believes he does not belong in that team as yet. The longer they continue to persevere with Grandpa Ballantyne it will not help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 198 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes