Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153010

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1349
Apparently minor Anchor and might only miss a week. Sounds like as soon as he is feeling any tightness he is instructed to take himself off the ground. You could be right though maybe he needs to see a sports psychologist? They might also drop him onto the rookie list next year be on the bare minimum. I think in light of the Shane Yarran tragedy Fremantle want to support him as much as they can. They know if they wash their hands of him he might not cope too well.
Get on your bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153023

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

anchorman wrote: Surely the FFC is now being taken for a ride.Harley Bennell, an almost dead set starter for the club this week, has , believe it or not been injured.... again.
On the weekend he played for Peel.Played well from all accounts.Twisted an ankle, or so the blurb went.Now he has damaged his calf... again.Which is it?
He sits out the rest of the season now, and low and behold he will get another contract. Easy peasy, money easy.
I am of the opinion that he is afraid of failure if he plays.I think a lot of it is in his mind.He has been under a ship load of pressure since arriving. He has constantly been under the microscope by all and sundry..I think the pressure has got to him and he is afraid he will fail.
I am not happy with how this is working out.

I reckon you're on the money a/man in that its in his mind now. Lyon said on tv last week that Bennell requested another week or 2 with Peel which sounds to me that he's scared of failure. He must be the only AFL reserves player in history who drives around in a new Mercedes SUV.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153024

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have been of the opinion, for the past 12 months that Harley would never play AFL again and unfortunately that is probably going to play out now. As A/M pointed out Freo are in a complex position after the Shane Yarran tragedy and will be very cautious as to how this finally plays out. Ross Lyon has backed him to the enth degree as he does with his players but this situation needs to have some finality to it soon. If he doesn't play for the rest of the season, which seems most likely, then the result is, at best for Harley, a rookie listing.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153027

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

BC wrote:

anchorman wrote: Surely the FFC is now being taken for a ride.Harley Bennell, an almost dead set starter for the club this week, has , believe it or not been injured.... again.
On the weekend he played for Peel.Played well from all accounts.Twisted an ankle, or so the blurb went.Now he has damaged his calf... again.Which is it?
He sits out the rest of the season now, and low and behold he will get another contract. Easy peasy, money easy.
I am of the opinion that he is afraid of failure if he plays.I think a lot of it is in his mind.He has been under a ship load of pressure since arriving. He has constantly been under the microscope by all and sundry..I think the pressure has got to him and he is afraid he will fail.
I am not happy with how this is working out.

I reckon you're on the money a/man in that its in his mind now. Lyon said on tv last week that Bennell requested another week or 2 with Peel which sounds to me that he's scared of failure. He must be the only AFL reserves player in history who drives around in a new Mercedes SUV.

Out for the season, madness , cut him lose now, waste of space and money,,,shocking tbh.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153034

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Damned if you do and damned if you don't. If he comes good, it's all worth it, if he doesn't it's money down the gurgler. Some bloke on the radio yesterday suggested that they rookie list him on minimum dough. Wonder if he'd take it?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153036

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Bazza said:
Out for the season, madness , cut him lose now, waste of space and money,,,shocking tbh.
A little insensitive Bazza. I think rookie listing is his only hope now unless he does as Lyon suggested come back next week and play. Personally I doubt that will happen now.

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153052

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Extrodinary injury, calf tightness, can't recall an AFL player having such cronic tight calfness for so long debilitating there AFL career.... I wonder what's causing it.........

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153082

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Unholytugboat wrote: Extrodinary injury, calf tightness, can't recall an AFL player having such cronic tight calfness for so long debilitating there AFL career.... I wonder what's causing it.........

Calf TightnessB)

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153093

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
haha... must have been on the gear when I wrote that one...

Taken for a ride now. 5 years 7 months ago #153098

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: When are you not on it!!!

HAHA thats fair... probably also explains the chronic tightness in my calves

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 314 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL