Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152819

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

BC wrote:

UNKA2 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Has Ross got 8 or 10 players under 50 Afl games..Woosha won't be in a hurry to look Freo if any offer was on the table..Not sure Ross is the coach for such a massive rebuild.All considered there doing OK with there young group of players.Really need to access the Freo coach at the end of the 2019 season.

Ross's fault he hasnt blended more players in. He is an a grade salesman, and people still believe his lies.

Absolutely on the money Unka...Lyon keeps using the term "young group" ad nauseum in his pressers but its his fault they've had to blood so may new players as he refused to inject any youth over the last few years unlike other clubs. How do we all think Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn have remained at or near the top for the last 10 years? Because they introduce new young guys along the way...Lyon won't do that until it's too late and then we have a major rebuild. Their performance today was embarrassing and I'm not surprised big numbers of supporters left at 3/4 time.

They left at 3/4 time? I was reliably informed by people on this site that Eagles supporters were the only ones that booed throughout a game, then left at 3/4 time when they were losing. Well, how about that???
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152841

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Has Ross got 8 or 10 players under 50 Afl games..Woosha won't be in a hurry to look Freo if any offer was on the table..Not sure Ross is the coach for such a massive rebuild.All considered there doing OK with there young group of players.Really need to access the Freo coach at the end of the 2019 season.

Ross's fault he hasnt blended more players in. He is an a grade salesman, and people still believe his lies.

Pick up a porky pie from Ross in his after match interview. Speaking of no scoreboard contribution from his attacking mids.They all sit on the defensive side of the centre square.When in possession there all 80m from there there scoring goal.Or the players don't understand his game plan?
Still give Ross till the end of season 19.Lobb played really well for Gws ysrda.I'f Freo hook him that's a massive boost for them.

Yup, look im a cat man, but how on Earth BOTH wa teams overlooked Kelly beggars belief. Surely Freo couldda rookie listed him ?. Lobb is ok i agree. Hopefully Freo can snare him, Thing is i wonder how many players would want to play under Lyon??

Kim Hagdawn said on the radio that's why Freo missed out on the eagles McGovern.

One of many so called "big fish" that Freo have failed to land.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152856

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
I wouldn’t be getting John Worsfold. Just on Alistair Clarkson we need the next version of him. If we were to go down the path of a new coach, the highly regarded assistants at the moment are John Barker, Scott Burns and even Simon Lloyd.

I’m a fan though of Justin Longmuir. Is a Freo person and has spent a good seven years or there abouts as an assistant and is now gaining experience at Collingwood.

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152895

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

swan42 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote:

Pick up a porky pie from Ross in his after match interview. Speaking of no scoreboard contribution from his attacking mids.They all sit on the defensive side of the centre square.When in possession there all 80m from there there scoring goal.Or the players don't understand his game plan?
Still give Ross till the end of season 19.Lobb played really well for Gws ysrda.I'f Freo hook him that's a massive boost for them.

Yup, look im a cat man, but how on Earth BOTH wa teams overlooked Kelly beggars belief. Surely Freo couldda rookie listed him ?. Lobb is ok i agree. Hopefully Freo can snare him, Thing is i wonder how many players would want to play under Lyon??

Kim Hagdawn said on the radio that's why Freo missed out on the eagles McGovern.

gtr could you please tell me how many players Hagdorn has said were either coming to Freo or leaving Freo? When it comes to credibility gap Hagdorn's credibility gap is a yawning chasm.

Totally agree, anything negative from Hagdorn is nothing short of a complete endorsement of Ross Lyon. Many former Saints including Riewoldt and Hayes speak very highly of him when interviewed for what that's worth and that's probably worth more than anything coming from Hagdorn.

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152896

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

swan42 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote:

gtr could you please tell me how many players Hagdorn has said were either coming to Freo or leaving Freo? When it comes to credibility gap Hagdorn's credibility gap is a yawning chasm.

Totally agree, anything negative from Hagdorn is nothing short of a complete endorsement of Ross Lyon. Many former Saints including Riewoldt and Hayes speak very highly of him when interviewed for what that's worth and that's probably worth more than anything coming from Hagdorn.

Hackdorn has less than zero credibility.

With respect to Worsfold I was sorry that the Eagles didn't give him a 25 year contract as coach.

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152904

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

anchorman wrote: Unka, In regards to Kelly, and no disrespect to either of the two WA sides here.But rememeber he has been on the wings for close to four years.What were the other 16 clubs doing in the time that Freo and the Toasters were sitting on their hands.Remember they all had the chance to take him.

Agree to a degree a/man, though he was in yer own backyard for years and years.

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152910

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: He was under the noses of all clubs Unka.No other way to say it.ALL clubs missed out on him for four or five years, until the cats took a chance and good luck to them and Tim.

Of course BUT he played here week in week out, surely the WA clubs should have known more than the other clubs. Lot easier for local clubs to have a better understanding of local talent. No other way to say it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152911

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Just remember unk, the Cats just took an outside chance on him, or they would have picked him up years ago. Sorta like the Eagles when they took a chance on two lads. One at about pick 92 and the other at about pick 120. Couple of unheralded kids named Brett Heady and Dean Kemp!!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152912

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote: Just remember unk, the Cats just took an outside chance on him, or they would have picked him up years ago. Sorta like the Eagles when they took a chance on two lads. One at about pick 92 and the other at about pick 120. Couple of unheralded kids named Brett Heady and Dean Kemp!!

True although that was approx 2 decades ago, and i suspect they knew a bit more about em too. I dont think the cats took an outside chance, he went to the eags for 2 maybe 3 years and got rejected. He mentioned Geelong were the only ones who seemed genuine in their dealings. Aledgely the eags were gunna take him after Geelong, but were nutted. So it dont think it was a "chance"pick so to speak. Me mate at East Freo who's opinion i respect said, best talent in the wafl for year and years.

John Worsfold 5 years 7 months ago #152935

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

UNKA2 wrote:

58shark wrote: Just remember unk, the Cats just took an outside chance on him, or they would have picked him up years ago. Sorta like the Eagles when they took a chance on two lads. One at about pick 92 and the other at about pick 120. Couple of unheralded kids named Brett Heady and Dean Kemp!!

True although that was approx 2 decades ago, and i suspect they knew a bit more about em too. I dont think the cats took an outside chance, he went to the eags for 2 maybe 3 years and got rejected. He mentioned Geelong were the only ones who seemed genuine in their dealings. Aledgely the eags were gunna take him after Geelong, but were nutted. So it dont think it was a "chance"pick so to speak. Me mate at East Freo who's opinion i respect said, best talent in the wafl for year and years.

unka2 you can play for every club: why didn't XXXX select this player?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 389 guests and 4 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Southerner
  • Stinker
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes