Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148167

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
At home against a side probably playing better than most expected it is fair to say. If we go down in this one the wagons will start circling Ross Lyon I reckon. We've done fuck all since about the midway point of the 2015 season when we were I think undefeated or 9 and 1 something like that. How we won the minor premiership that year is remarkable because we limped into the finals and were probably the side in with the worst form going into September.

What is most concerning is our game style and method. We don't seem to have one. I understand Ross has had to rebuild but I question if we are really improving or showing signs we are on track to be a contender in the next couple of years.
Get on your bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148170

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
With regards to game style, I think all coaches have the same plan, basically, the better sides have players that can execute the plan. At the moment Freo don't have enough of those players. Rossy will come under pressure for sure if we don't win another 5 or 6 games at least. I still think he is the right coach at this stage. We look pretty good at times but are unable to kick enough goals to put sustained pressure on our opposition. Our transition into the forward line is very poor and no consistency most the time. Unfortunately that is not going to improve much till we either get a big strong and smart key forward or nut out a plan for midgets to kick goals.

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148175

• terror
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30
What good would a "pack crasher" do? you need goal kickers & the blokes down there now are not doing this. When the ball is on the ground Ballantyne & Matera are useless.

Freo should have watched how WCE play..

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148211

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

DD wrote: At home against a side probably playing better than most expected it is fair to say. If we go down in this one the wagons will start circling Ross Lyon I reckon. We've done fuck all since about the midway point of the 2015 season when we were I think undefeated or 9 and 1 something like that. How we won the minor premiership that year is remarkable because we limped into the finals and were probably the side in with the worst form going into September.

What is most concerning is our game style and method. We don't seem to have one. I understand Ross has had to rebuild but I question if we are really improving or showing signs we are on track to be a contender in the next couple of years.

2015 is an eternity away now.

North are pretty hungry and troubling some top teams, I recon they can smell the stench of blood from Freo, North are a huge chance to get the points here.

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148212

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Afraid you are right Bazza, will take our best to win this one. Hard to see how we will kick enough goals against a side who can kick big scores. I think it will be a good game none the less. Freo cannot afford to give them much of a start because we just can't kick enough goals to mow down much of a lead.
Looking forward to a good game.

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148215

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I would favour the Dockers at home in this one. North have been playing very well so far but I think they may be due for a down day as they have been playing well above themselves IMO. Alternatively the Dockers will be primed to perform in this one and their forward line has been a lot more productive at Optus than away from home. I agree with Anchorman that they need a tall in the forward line to compete and take the pressure off the other forwards especially Mccarthy. Kersten or Apeness may be tried in the absence of Taberner.

Last edit: by mikeh.

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148244

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920

anchorman wrote: I will put it in simple terms so you will understand.
If you allow the backman to take almost uncontested marks,as we seem to do every entry into our forward line, then it is a waste of an entry.
If you have a pack crasher who can constantly bring the ball to ground, it gives your forwads and mids a chance to lock the ball into your forward line for a period of time with the chance of scoring a gaol.
Allow the ball to be cleared without contest is dumb football.Giving the opposition the chance to clear the ball with out contest is as I said dumb football.

Who was Richmond's pack crusher last year anchor?....just got find mids with good kicking skills who can kick to a lead and some forwards who can lead and mark......Freo's foot skills are appalling....doesn't help when your forwards are average tho
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148247

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Who was Richmond's pack crusher last year anchor?...

Riewoldt

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148268

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
If the rumour on 91.3 ends up being right, you’ll have most of your problems fixed next year. Two McGoverns would fit in nicely. Only a rumour, but wouldn’t surprise me if the 2 wanted to play at the same club as their old man.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

v North Melbourne 5 years 10 months ago #148270

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
The Eagles McGovern is a free agent. I thought Mitch resigned with Adelaide till 2021.Adelaide will release Mitch if Freo offer something special.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 471 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes