Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #147839

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Unfortunately a/man it goes to show the lack of depth at Freo when they've got to rely on two 30+ year olds in Johnson and Pearce to cover injuries. Lyon keeps banging on about the team being a young group and sure, there are a few kids playing ...but in reality it must be one of the oldest with five(?) 30+ year olds running around last week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #147847

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yes mate...I agree...there is plenty of upside in the young blokes coming through but reckon the injury situation is a good opportunity to try a couple more newbies to see how they go on the big stage. you never know you could unearth another Banfield or Brayshaw rather than Pearce who never fired a shot last week.

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #147853

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It'll be interesting to see how Apeness goes over the next couple of weeks. He's a big boy and could do some serious damage up forward if he finds some form and stays fit...and staying fit is a big IF it seems.

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #147860

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yep...unfortunately I think Bennell is at risk of becoming another Morabito....just can't seem to string a few games together and his off-field issues won't help to keep him at the club if he can't get on the park and start performing.

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #147883

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

anchorman wrote: It seems that the Sydney cricket ground had become the second home for the FFC. From memory this will be seven of the last eight clashes held at the SCG. So much for a fair fixture.
Not sure we will make many changes this week.I guess the one that will come under considreation to be rested will be Sandi,but not sure we have a ready replacement for him just yet.Unless we want to try Strandica. But to me it could be throwing him to the wolves.
Hopefully Stephen Hill will be ready to come back, but history tell us that he doesn't recover quickly from his calf problems.
I am not sure we have any one to replace Johnson ,as I don't think they will travel with him.Maybe play Cox down back and give Apeness a go even though he is under done.Of course that is unless Wilson doesn't come up.
I think that all the kids will travel.I can't see Lyon missing a chance to play them on another ground that, I would say, all of them haven't played at.
A hard road trip this one, but another great challenge.

LAST FIVE MEETINGS between Sydney and the Dockers:

R21, 2017, Sydney 22.11 (143) d Dockers 5.9 (39) at the SCG
R19, 2016, Sydney 21.11 (137) d Dockers 7.5 (47) at Subiaco Oval
1QF, 2015, Dockers 10.9 (69) d Sydney 7.18 (60) at Subiaco Oval
R4, 2015, Dockers 11.8 (74) d Sydney 8.12 (60) at Subiaco Oval
1QF, 2014, Sydney 13.15 (93) d Dockers 10.9 (69) at ANZ Stadium
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leather Stops

Last edit: by Ti Em.

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #147889

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Historically the Dockers have played the Swans 17 times at the SCG for 4 wins, 12 losses and a draw. The 104 point thrashing last year was the worst result but many of the losses have been by less than 5 goals which is probably an indication of the way both teams play.

Last edit: by mikeh.

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #148031

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Ach: I have question for you in regards your beloved Dockers -- Who is the best player whom has been drafted or recruitted during Lyon's years at the club?

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #148034

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Thing is ank, the Dorks have what looks to be a bloody good, but young list. Trouble is you don’t have the right coach. everyone talks about his great record, but what has he done? Not knocking him, I hope he stays coz he’ s doing a great job for the opposition.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #148035

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Who drafted Pavelic? Was it Drum?
Who drafted Mcfarline? Connolley or Lyon.

The players I have mentionned would be Fremantle's best in my humble opinion, neither of whom, it seem, were recruited by Lyon; and, yet, as we know, he has been there for the better part of a decade.

V Sydney. 5 years 11 months ago #148039

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Dysfunctional and lost is how Fremantle look. I can't see Ross Lyon taking this football club anywhere good into the future. He was good for us when he arrived and we had a few stars already here but I think he is found wanting since the retirement of McPharlin and Pavlich. The longer they maintain blind faith in Ross Lyon the more it's going to hurt this club in my opinion.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leather Stops, ArkRoyal

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 486 guests and one member online

• GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL